Bit Of A Yarn

LAMB SECOND DAY WESTPORT...

Davis

1 minute ago, Mehe said:

Wasn't there another open class trotter or was it constar

I cant think of another open class one - they dont normally go on past 2 and 3 - and seeing how he drove this years one at Mot you can see why - there was a breeders assn survey about changing racing season to match Aussie - Alan Clarks 2yo's would vote yes

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Enteebee said:

I cant think of another open class one - they dont normally go on past 2 and 3 - and seeing how he drove this years one at Mot you can see why - there was a breeders assn survey about changing racing season to match Aussie - Alan Clarks 2yo's would vote yes

Yes he has them racing the day after they turn 2 lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Enteebee said:

Maybe it was constar did he not get a big offer for it 

2 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Yes there was a world record time trail of a horse it was a yearling I think it was called Graham brown maybe im wrong

now you have annoyed me - Graham Brown set a yearling record in a time trial and because he was by Assault my first horse was by the same top stallion - shit i got that wrong - never raced of course - didnt improve much with my second by Card Shark - much better now with the 3rd fav in the Group 1 trot tomorrow 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shad said:

Another tough day on the punt at reefton, followed the McDowell horses over the 3 say circuit, unless I can get some returns at the Nelson circuit, been a very lean time, that man deserves a db.

Nelson will be different.  Fresh influx of Canterbury horses and a roomy All Weather Track.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are Harness recording this as rehoming?

yes - the others say DEAD

Our Monty is in a huge paddock south of Oamaru in a home for life which is the ideal outcome - one of the local syndicate members goes to visit and brush him

image.png.a3105e4742701d11ac20c191fc8a9a4a.png

Edited by Enteebee

28 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

now you have annoyed me - Graham Brown set a yearling record in a time trial and because he was by Assault my first horse was by the same top stallion - shit i got that wrong - never raced of course - didnt improve much with my second by Card Shark - much better now with the 3rd fav in the Group 1 trot tomorrow 🙂

Yes I think Graham Brown ran 2mins 5 seconds 

7 hours ago, Mehe said:

It may  not have been as good as it would have been trained differently and probably driven differently 

But yes it  could have been a world beater else where

I think Paul Nairn would be bright enough to work out how to find the best from The Fiery Ginga!

He was probably as tough a trotter as we have had, with the way he was driven and raced all the time.

Mr Clark should have it suggested to him, that the horses he have raced since are not The Fiery Ginga, and can not be driven the same way!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think Paul Nairn would be bright enough to work out how to find the best from The Fiery Ginga!

He was probably as tough a trotter as we have had, with the way he was driven and raced all the time.

Mr Clark should have it suggested to him, that the horses he have raced since are not The Fiery Ginga, and can not be driven the same way!

Interesting you perilously like the post I said now you edit it and took it away 

Brodie did you read what I said or are you just being a prized prick

42 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Yes I think Graham Brown ran 2mins 5 seconds 

Yes, the Middleton’s, Graeme and Colin, I believe,  always had 2 year olds up and running for the first 2 year old races back in the 1970’s and 1980’s.

They could run as 2 year olds but didnt go on with it as older horses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes, the Middleton’s, Graeme and Colin, I believe,  always had 2 year olds up and running for the first 2 year old races back in the 1970’s and 1980’s.

They could run as 2 year olds but didnt go on with it as older horses.

Well your right Graham brown didn't I dont even know if it won a race