Bit Of A Yarn

Memo Bernard - maybe this is why the small Clubs are keeping their heads above water while the Big Boys bleat for cash

Reefton

After a big day at Omoto races Mr & Mrs Reefton get stuck into scrubbing filthy number cloths in preparation for the Reefton Meeting Thursday.  I wonder how often Mrs ARC or Mrs CJC (or Mrs Messara for that matter) does this job

One thing about it I have no danger of catching Covid - the hands are sparkling!

What say all you galahs who reckon the small clubs and their committees have it easy?

No description available.

Edited by Reefton
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 3

26 minutes ago, nomates said:

Hope you guys have a great day on Thursday , the racing today at Greymouth was a great watch , so unique . Small clubs are the life blood of NZ racing , keep it up .

Thanks Nomates.  I did have a very interesting (and forthright) discussion with Darryl Park the newest member of the NZTR Board.  He had been at Kurow as well and intends to be back for the two upcoming Coast Meetings.  If his actions are as sympathetic as his comments then we may have finally found an NZTR Board Member with a bit of common sense.  Provided he is allowed to put his opinions of course and not cried down by idiot bureaucrats and other empire building members.

He did clear up the Cameron George absentee issue by pointing out that the Chairman appointment is only an interim measure until March. So one would presume he will only be an absentee Board Member after that rather than an absentee Chairman.

16 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Thanks Nomates.  I did have a very interesting (and forthright) discussion with Darryl Park the newest member of the NZTR Board.  He had been at Kurow as well and intends to be back for the two upcoming Coast Meetings.  If his actions are as sympathetic as his comments then we may have finally found an NZTR Board Member with a bit of common sense.  Provided he is allowed to put his opinions of course and not cried down by idiot bureaucrats and other empire building members.

He did clear up the Cameron George absentee issue by pointing out that the Chairman appointment is only an interim measure until March. So one would presume he will only be an absentee Board Member after that rather than an absentee Chairman.

I somehow get the impression you ain't a fan of Auckland,your not alone.

6 hours ago, Reefton said:

After a big day at Omoto races Mr & Mrs Reefton get stuck into scrubbing filthy number cloths in preparation for the Reefton Meeting Thursday.  I wonder how often Mrs ARC or Mrs CJC (or Mrs Messara for that matter) does this job

One thing about it I have no danger of catching Covid - the hands are sparkling!

What say all you galahs who reckon the small clubs and their committees have it easy?

Don't you have washing machines down there?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reefton said:

Just a thought , you've had a year to do this , why wait till 3 days out ? Have you been that busy on BOAY .

30 minutes ago, nomates said:

Just a thought , you've had a year to do this , why wait till 3 days out ? Have you been that busy on BOAY .

The three Coast Clubs share the number cloths(like the starting gates) - they were used yesterday at Omoto, will be at Reefton Thursday and Kumara Saturday then sit for a year until next time.  When one club uses them the next Club picks them up and scrubs them for next time

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Hope you guys have a great day on Thursday , the racing today at Greymouth was a great watch , so unique . Small clubs are the life blood of NZ racing , keep it up .

I thought I was watching Moonee Valley, I had to pinch myself, and to think the useless bastards want to destroy days like that. If there was a referendum which way do you think it would go?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Reefton said:

The three Coast Clubs share the number cloths(like the starting gates) - they were used yesterday at Omoto, will be at Reefton Thursday and Kumara Saturday then sit for a year until next time.  When one club uses them the next Club picks them up and scrubs them for next time

Geez on the law of averages one club must get a free ride!  Abandoned race days and heavy muddy tracks!

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Yeah I watch a couple of races and it brought back memories.  LOL a 1100m race is nearly a lap of the track!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

I say that knowing, but hoping not so,  that Mr Park will be cried down, as history repeats.

absolutely agree.  I dare say there have been many going there to make a difference who get shouted down or who walk away disillusioned.  A bit like the local Council or Parliament really

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez on the law of averages one club must get a free ride!  Abandoned race days and heavy muddy tracks!

Kumara got it last year - when they abandoned I bet it was Greymouth who scrubbed them after Reefton.

They are sponsored(and that is gratefully appreciated) and just turned up last year but why they are white I have no idea - black with white numbers would be easier.

Edited by Reefton

21 minutes ago, Reefton said:

absolutely agree.  I dare say there have been many going there to make a difference who get shouted down or who walk away disillusioned.  A bit like the local Council or Parliament really

Well maybe this is a time when the hoi polloi collectively support someone.

11 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I somehow get the impression you ain't a fan of Auckland,your not alone.

I really have nothing against Auckland but I get sick of the wanking on by the hierarchy about how important they are and how deserving they are.  The reality is they are(for the value of the industry asset involved) by miles the worst performing organisation in the NZ industry.

• Like 8
  • Champ Post 1