Bit Of A Yarn

Te Akau's Poppy seed problem

Thomass

In 2013 Leading SydneyTrainer CHRIS WALLER had 4 (four) horses disqualified (2 were winners)  from a 'contaminated' batch of feed.

The 4 horses tested positive to IBUPROFEN , a non steroidal anti-inflammatory.

Chris and a Dr Biffin and a feed company were developing a 'feed mix' to stop horses ' tieing up' apparently.

Very lucky to escape sanction/ Disqualification IMO, as this is surely 'Trial and Error' feeding and the Error occurred. 

Other trainers wouldn't / mighten'd of been so 'Lucky?' that didn't have WINX in the barn.  

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

shown to date that you have an axe to grind with Te Akau

Chief........maybe you need to get your facts straight instead of policing everyone else.........I have no axe to grind with Te Akau....you couldn't be further from the truth. I make a comment about the latest headlines and you turn that on me......start adding some constructive debate on here instead personal attacks on posters.....which you seem to do when it suits yourself and pull others up when it doesn’t suit you

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Huey you are going off half cocked.  You regularly put the boot into Te Akau.  

From the rules:

image.png

Rubbish , your idol worship of the stable is making you see things.

Hopefully this mess is all sorted out and their innocent and importance to NZ Racing is thrust back into the limelight where it belongs. Where would we be without them?

10 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Chief........maybe you need to get your facts straight instead of policing everyone else.........I have no axe to grind with Te Akau....you couldn't be further from the truth. I make a comment about the latest headlines and you turn that on me......start adding some constructive debate on here instead personal attacks on posters.....which you seem to do when it suits yourself and pull others up when it doesn’t suit you

I'm not making a personal attack however there is a definite slant to your posting which I'm sure others have noticed.  For example you first post on this topic was this:

2 hours ago, Tesio said:

Mare was know to have “issues”.......easier to run with “issues” with a bit of morphine in the system.

Is that comment actually constructive? 

In terms of your criticism about being constructive you will note that I posted the NZ Herald article on this Topic.  That was to provide a basis for informed debate rather than the piece of fiction written by our resident novelist.

But be that as it may I can post on BOAY just like anyone else.  I will admit from time to time I will post an alternative viewpoint in attempt to provide some balance.  The rationale to that approach is to try and stop Topics descending down the rabbit hole of alleged conspiracies and cover ups.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Throw the book at em! 

Drugs in sport disgust me, watch all the apologetics come out of the woodwork for the stable.

If it was anyone else they (riu & media)wouldn't be looking for wriggle room.

Will all their horses in Group races be pre race tested tomorrow?

Huey, as I've opined before, NZ should be stripped of black type racing until pre-race testing becomes mandatory, it carries absolutely no cred at all. I for one would like to see all results of post racing testing and proof of.......they can't be trusted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tesio said:

Do you have shares in Te Akau horse Chief?

You consider this a "constructive" comment?  Whether I do or don't have shares in a Te Akau horse is irrelevant to this Topic or any other for that matter. 

Would I consider purchasing a share in a Te Akau yearling?  If I could afford it of course I would.  You would have to be daft not to consider it given their success year in year out.  Having said that I would do so with my eyes open after years of experience with the industry.  

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You consider this a "constructive" comment?  Whether I do or don't have shares in a Te Akau horse is irrelevant to this Topic or any other for that matter.

It was a direct question, not general “constructive” information. You have asked many direct questions on this forum before Chief

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Huey, as I've opined before, NZ should be stripped of black type racing until pre-race testing becomes mandatory, it carries absolutely no cred at all. I for one would like to see all results of post racing testing and proof of.......they can't be trusted.

That is a debate worth having as is the whole testing regime and its associated protocols.  That's not suggesting that the current system is being cheated but that it may no longer be fit for purpose especially in terms of Quality Assurance.

Bear in mind also that we need to be aware of balancing the cost of running the industry.  Anything that increases the costs will be detrimental.

5 minutes ago, Tesio said:

It was a direct question, not general “constructive” information. You have asked many direct questions on this forum before Chief

Why is it relevant in the context of this Topic?  Blind Freddy can see the reason for your posting this "direct question"!  If I say "Yes" then the inference will be that what I post is just protecting them.  If I say "No" then the inference will be "oh he must be friends with Davo" (quote from Thomass).  Either way it is an attempt to infer bias.

The thing that really pisses me off about New Zealand is that we are really quick to cut down the Tall Poppy.

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

That is a debate worth having as is the whole testing regime and its associated protocols.  That's not suggesting that the current system is being cheated but that it may no longer be fit for purpose especially in terms of Quality Assurance.

Bear in mind also that we need to be aware of balancing the cost of running the industry.  Anything that increases the costs will be detrimental.

In a perfect world we should never let expense rule over integrity, however racing nz is a very different animal to racing global......

2 minutes ago, Blackson123 said:

How can they call it cross contamination... surely there would be another horse if not half the horses in the same barn as Vamos Bebe, who had the same/similar feed that would also return a positive to morphine round the same time period... poor excuse. 

Welcome Blackson.  You raise a good question regarding the feed.  No doubt a stable such as Te Akau will have quite customised feeds.  Large stables that have the resources will use science to customise a feed regime on an individual horse basis.  So it is conceivable (but unlikely) that while making up one horse's feed another was contaminated.  It is possible that no other individual horse's feed was contaminated.

The key thing here is "cross-contamination" - the source of that could be a number of factors and not just feed.  It could be a Vet stuff up.

7 minutes ago, Blackson123 said:

How can they call it cross contamination... surely there would be another horse if not half the horses in the same barn as Vamos Bebe, who had the same/similar feed that would also return a positive to morphine round the same time period... poor excuse. 

The think tank will be in overdrive, some consultation may be needed, zoom conference with the trough man maybe?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Welcome Blackson.  You raise a good question regarding the feed.  No doubt a stable such as Te Akau will have quite customised feeds.  Large stables that have the resources will use science to customise a feed regime on an individual horse basis.  So it is conceivable (but unlikely) that while making up one horse's feed another was contaminated.  It is possible that no other individual horse's feed was contaminated.

The key thing here is "cross-contamination" - the source of that could be a number of factors and not just feed.  It could be a Vet stuff up.

Chief must be on DC’s new legal council....lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Would I consider purchasing a share in a Te Akau yearling?  If I could afford it of course I would.  You would have to be daft not to consider it given their success year in year out.  Having said that I would do so with my eyes open after years of experience with the industry.  

You're sounding more and more like your nemesis on the other channel everyday.

He now claiming TA are victims in the OP case, officially heard it all now.

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

In a galaxy far far away, I was foreman in a 50 horse stable. I would do the feeds every night those that needed meds got them from me, and me only........the buck stopped with me, on my days off, the boss would do the feeds. I used a bran mash to tease the med digestion, stand there and hand feed them.......oh how times have changed, for better or worse? your choice.

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

There you go Tesio - I assume you are inferring I have a bias.  What does "ever having sat on a Jury" have to do with this Topic?  Can you elucidate a bit better what you are actually trying to say?

With the Topic...nothing. With some of your posts on this topic everything