Bit Of A Yarn

Brodie rogered again by TAB NZ and BGP!

36 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You have been here a short time time and basically took over harness section.

Right JJ. Don't how that happen. Too much the postie, postie 432 posts in less than 3 months holly-molly.

Was thinking Karrots needs to go back into paddock. 

Thats why Karrots just took brief re-fresh. Recognised too muchie, muchie. Being too loud. 

I'm actually going to take another spell 😉

So you can argue with someone else. I'v said my peace to you & gave reason 😛

I'm gunna go again back out to paddock. Be back next weekend to talk about the horsey horseys 😄

Bom Dia Hello GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Channel X

The site that bans the intelligent posters?

When has the CEO from the TAB answered questions on there?

If he is forthcoming with answers, then why is  he not answering questions on the Premiere Harness Racing Site, Bit Of A Yarn?

Because that is where the questions that they dont want to answer appear!

None of this GoooooBooooooyYeeeeeHaaaa go the AllStars BS!!!!!

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

You really are a plonker, i have no affiliation with any other site or its owners etc. I simply offered the serial bull shitter Brodie an opportunity to ask the CEO his perennial questions which he has gone on about ever since i joined your site.Basil and a few other smart people agree with me from what i have seen.

I suspect you have some major long standing issues with another forum. That is your issue not mine  

Lol!

JJ,  I would be the furtherest thing from a bull shit artist there is!!
You are losing the ploT by defending the NZ TAB for unfair practices!

You are grabbing at very short straws if you think that Basil has any credible standing on BOAY!
I would not be using Basil the SAFE representative and spokesperson as a supporter of yours!

The TAB  needs to retain punters whereas the Brodster certainly doesnt need the NZ TAB!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

When has the CEO from the TAB answered questions on there?

Last Year so this the 2nd time he has taken questions. There are some decent questions as usual and some by posters who post on both sites so if you think Huey,Nomates and Leggy to name a few are unintelligent then you are  a poor judge IMHO 

If he is forthcoming with answers, then why is  he not answering questions on the Premiere Harness Racing Site, Bit Of A Yarn?

Yes, the rest is pure speculation on your part and i cant answer how the other site  got him on board. Good on them for showing initiative as its a very good read.

Because that is where the questions that they dont want to answer appear!

How can you come to that conclusion when you have not seen previous answers from CEO

Would i be correct in thinking you either cant or wont post elsewhere, are you restricted?? cos thats what it looks like from the outside

• Bad Post 1

You are losing the ploT by defending the NZ TAB for unfair practices!

You struggle, and your not alone, to follow my logic on this is that my interpretation of the business model is a big NO to winning accounts. Restrictions occur globally by all bookies and can be either a reflection of liquidity or a bookie saying no more to a winning account. No business likes to lose money especially when in this case its profits go to pay for stakes that go to those who are putting on the show.

Further, how many times have you seen a promotion at say a supermarket where it says - limit 4. Loss leaders never last long 

You are grabbing at very short straws if you think that Basil has any credible standing on BOAY!

As forums are opinion based that's your view of things. I on the other hand quite like his posts.

The TAB  needs to retain punters whereas the Brodster certainly doesn't need the NZ TAB!

As with all businesses you will never be able to please all your clients all the time.. So this is where your bull shit comes in.  if you dont need them why do you constantly go on about them and how unfair they are or restricted you are.??. Its a complete contradiction by you to then say " Brodster certainly doesn't need the NZ TAB!"

• Bad Post 1

29 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes, the rest is pure speculation on your part and i cant answer how the other site  got him on board. Good on them for showing initiative as its a very good read.

BOAY was the first to initiate contact with the NZRB/RITA CEO.  Others were followers.

As for it being "a good read" - it is in the same vein as the manufactured spin we see pumped out regularly from NZRB/RITA/TAB NZ/Whateverthenextname and regurgitated by the likes of yourself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You struggle, and your not alone, to follow my logic on this is that my interpretation of the business model is a big NO to winning accounts.

So they promote losers like BGP?  Give them exclusive betting options at premium "gift" prices and at wagering amounts that are not available to anyone else.  Why?  

• Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

30 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Bizarre comment but your a funny chick with some unfathomable arguments at times but MYA

I might go out in sympathy

Please do go out in sympathy.

If you are not here promoting another forum (your echo chamber) why don't you post your questions here for us to see?

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Please do go out in sympathy.

If you are not here promoting another forum (your echo chamber) why don't you post your questions here for us to see?

I will do as i please and offer opinions from time to time on here and other forums. They obviously don't suit your agenda on here, I'm a glass half full and trust the team now running NZTAB over your ideas.

Thats my choice and given your so big about free speech etc surely you don't want to change that  situation or do you?

Why do you always respond to posts that are addressed to others??. Are you a control freak- you behave like one at times.

Edited by JJ Flash

there are 2 issues here.

lets dismiss the first of those, brodie being restricted.  He has raved on about this first via Channel X, and here for over 5 years, longer.  There are ample opportunities elsewhere, i gather from his postings regarding his intelligence levels and being on the money he is capable of operating a computer therefore he can bet with others that will trade with him.  The TAB is a business, customer is trading, TAB as providor has choice to whether accept or decline trade, this is the right of any business.  FFS can we now dismiss brodie.

The key and biggest point here is the fact the TAB offered a option exclusively to one punter, at what i believe is a unfair price.  They are advetising punters to remain loyal with the tab, in the main, obviously in their ads they should have a disclaimer excluding "always on the money brodster: (jesus chrust who calls them self this, its like that idiot jason derulo who sings his own name)

i digress...

anyway, they must surely have offset this faourable offer to bgp against every other punter via the tote pool for quinella punters.  This is a slap in the face to its customers, its shitting on them.  This is what i take issue with.  Whilst i am all for special promos, VIP for customers, especially for large losing customers, dont do this at the expense of your backbone of customers, and giving everyone else the majority, a clear fuck you in return.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

BOAY was the first to initiate contact with the NZRB/RITA CEO.

How come they didn't respond- did they read your constant negativity about them as Its pretty obvious.

What question would you like me to ask on your behalf ?? Im happy to put it up under my name if you so desire and its not too stupid

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

How come they didn't respond- did they read your constant negativity about them as Its pretty obvious.

They did respond and the questions we asked were quite direct.  

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

What question would you like me to ask on your behalf ?? Im happy to put it up under my name if you so desire and its not too stupid

No - I asked YOU to post YOUR questions here.  Our team here will gladly answer them for you without any spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

there are 2 issues here.

lets dismiss the first of those, brodie being restricted.  He has raved on about this first via Channel X, and here for over 5 years, longer.  There are ample opportunities elsewhere, i gather from his postings regarding his intelligence levels and being on the money he is capable of operating a computer therefore he can bet with others that will trade with him.  The TAB is a business, customer is trading, TAB as providor has choice to whether accept or decline trade, this is the right of any business.  FFS can we now dismiss brodie.

The key and biggest point here is the fact the TAB offered a option exclusively to one punter, at what i believe is a unfair price.  They are advetising punters to remain loyal with the tab, in the main, obviously in their ads they should have a disclaimer excluding "always on the money brodster: (jesus chrust who calls them self this, its like that idiot jason derulo who sings his own name)

i digress...

anyway, they must surely have offset this faourable offer to bgp against every other punter via the tote pool for quinella punters.  This is a slap in the face to its customers, its shitting on them.  This is what i take issue with.  Whilst i am all for special promos, VIP for customers, especially for large losing customers, dont do this at the expense of your backbone of customers, and giving everyone else the majority, a clear fuck you in return.

Great post- one could argue given BGP losses they were the ideal candidate to use to launch/promote the first F/O Quinellas in NZ. If the bet had lost MM would anyone be raising it - i think we all know the answer

Not sure about cross subsidising  other punters. Only the TAB bookies could answer that

Edited by JJ Flash

6 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

The key and biggest point here is the fact the TAB offered a option exclusively to one punter, at what i believe is a unfair price. 

That's one of the biggest issues.  A question for TAB NZ - will you offer a BOAY punter's club an exclusive Quinella this Saturday?  Please contact admin@bitofayarn.com with your offer.

8 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

It appears that they may have offloaded on the tote pool and as you say robbing the loyal punters.  Probably did that offload at the same time as we saw their Advert encouraging us not to bet offshore!

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Great post- one could argue given BGP losses they were the ideal candidate to use to launch/promote the first F/O Quinellas in NZ. If the bet had lost MM would anyone be raising it - i think we all know the answer

Not sure about cross subsidising  other punters. Only the TAB bookies could answer that

i would still ask he queston and take issue, regardless of win or loss, because unless they can otherwise clarify, and they havent, it appears to be at the expense of every other punter.

that was unfair, and is a matter of principle, even more so given the tabs recent efforts to ask for their customers support and loyalty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Last Year so this the 2nd time he has taken questions. There are some decent questions as usual and some by posters who post on both sites so if you think Huey,Nomates and Leggy to name a few are unintelligent then you are  a poor judge IMHO 

How can you come to that conclusion when you have not seen previous answers from CEO

Would i be correct in thinking you either cant or wont post elsewhere, are you restricted?? cos thats what it looks like from the outside

The Clown that runs the other site removed many from his site!

Reason being because they didnt lick arse!

The other site most of the time has boring topics and used to wank on about the AllStars goooobooooyyeeehaaa! Iraklis!!!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

i would still ask he queston and take issue, regardless of win or loss, because unless they can otherwise clarify,

Fair point but as i said no- one bar TAB could say if they unloaded part or all of the  of bet on the Tote.

Thanks for the part about Brodie- i was unaware of his 5yr ongoing battle with TAB , does not look like he has achieved anything in that time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Geez you have some "unfathomable arguments at times!"

As it has been pointed out to you more than once now that:

1. It was an expensive way to "promote" a supposedly "new" betting option particularly when it had negative impacts on their loyal customers;
  2. The issue that most intelligent people have with the bet had nothing to do with it being a winning or losing bet however if you look at it in those terms - BGP won - the TAB lost (aka they lost OUR revenue);
  3. The issues are - the exclusivity of the bet, the premium price offered and the offloading of their liability on the tote which effectively penalised long term loyal customers.

You don't understand JJ and it is concerning that if your views are reflective of the TAB then nothing has changed.

12 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Are you actually thick or just blinded by servility?  If the TAB offered a premium price above the market then it has to be subsidised from somewhere be it other revenue and or offloading liability on the tote.  I suggest both therefore the loyal customer subsidised the BGP bet! 

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Fair point but as i said no- one bar TAB could say if they unloaded part or all of the  of bet on the Tote.

It doesn't matter if they did or didn't offload on the tote.  The bet was still subsidised by other punters.  It was a ONE bet book with no other players.  BGP vs TAB.  The TAB was playing with industry revenue!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:
  • t was an expensive way to "promote" a supposedly "new" betting option particularly when it had negative impacts on their loyal customers;
  • The issue that most intelligent people have with the bet had nothing to do with it being a winning or losing bet however if you look at it in those terms - BGP won - the TAB lost (aka they lost OUR revenue);
  • The issues are - the exclusivity of the bet, the premium price offered and the offloading of their liability on the tote which effectively penalised long term loyal customers.

Feel free to obsess about 1 bet if you want. I tend to look at the big picture overall given how many promos they now offer. Lets wait and see half and full year profits- thats what i and other owners are more interested in but im sure you will disagree. 

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The Clown that runs the other site removed many from his site!

Reason being because they didnt lick arse!

The other site most of the time has boring topics and used to wank on about the AllStars goooobooooyyeeehaaa! Iraklis!!!

So you cant actually post on that site as you got the boot.

Like many, you obviously go to the other site to make your  point about boring topics. Good for you- an open mind.

As for AS i'm a fan from a punting perspective and will be missed  as far as I'm concerned as they had the something that's badly missing from Harness in NZ- professionalism. BO and BB being the most recent candidates 

Edited by JJ Flash

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Feel free to obsess about 1 bet if you want. I tend to look at the big picture overall given how many promos they now offer. Lets wait and see half and full year profits- thats what i and other owners are more interested in but im sure you will disagree. 

I can see the JJ scurry backwards starting!  See that is where you AND the TAB get it so wrong.  In their (and your) arrogance you have no idea of what makes the average punter tick.  You confuse a promotion that is available to all with this "one bet" as you call it.  The irony/contradiction of encouraging punters to bet onshore rather than offshore while openly rogering them is beyond belief.  Cause and effect!

Did you know that some offshore agencies have been offering Fixed Odds Quinella's for some time?  Unless you are the BGP and you want such a bet where are you going to go?  You won't be going to the NZ Tote will you as you know that you can get a better price offshore!  

It is a Marketing fail/home goal!  LOL I wouldn't be surprised if offshore agencies start emailing their customers highlighting the option!

24 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

i would still ask he queston and take issue, regardless of win or loss, because unless they can otherwise clarify, and they havent, it appears to be at the expense of every other punter.

that was unfair, and is a matter of principle, even more so given the tabs recent efforts to ask for their customers support and loyalty

and further to that JJ, what about all those winning tote punters, who only got $1.70 for that quinella.  Did they get 90 cents or a doller less per unit because their take out was higher to subsidise BGP bet, then if so i would feel aggrieved wth that aswell