Bit Of A Yarn

Brodie rogered again by TAB NZ and BGP!

On 22/01/2021 at 7:00 PM, Brodie said:

Chief, apparently according to Basil and a couple of others it is perfectly OK in their eyes!!!

If you're going to quote me Brodie, at least do so accurately.  What I've previously said is that the TAB has every right, indeed the obligation, to reject business on which it expects to lose money. No sane person could believe otherwise.

I've expressed no opinion on the BGP situation — which involves the TAB accepting business rather than rejecting it. I have some sympathy for the Chief's view, although would point out it's not dissimilar to new securities issues that don't have a public pool and hence are only accessible by clients of certain specified brokers. So I'm doubtful that a fair trading complaint would succeed.

But it'd have more chance than your long-standing complaint to the Human Rights Commission... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

If you're going to quote me Brodie, at least do so accurately.  What I've previously said is that the TAB has every right, indeed the obligation, to reject business on which it expects to lose money. No sane person could believe otherwise.

I've expressed no opinion on the BGP situation — which involves the TAB accepting business rather than rejecting it. I have some sympathy for the Chief's view, although would point out it's not dissimilar to new securities issues that don't have a public pool and hence are only accessible by clients of certain specified brokers. So I'm doubtful that a fair trading complaint would succeed.

But it'd have more chance than your long-standing complaint to the Human Rights Commission... 

Basil, you support the right for the NZ TAB to treat punters with preferential treatment over others!!

Gambling is a business that the NZ TAB should be treating everyone the same as they all have the same opportunity!!!

To trade as a gambling business and putting up odds and then not accepting them from some people and giving the same odds to other people is blatantly just plain BS!!!

Reality is that they are an outfit that is operated very poorly!

They should be encouraging punting and not  turning business away.

The more they take on the more profit they will make overall.

To offer odds and then only allow people on for amounts of less than $100 is just crap!,,

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Basil, you support the right for the NZ TAB to treat punters with preferential treatment over others!!

Gambling is a business that the NZ TAB should be treating everyone the same as they all have the same opportunity!!!

To trade as a gambling business and putting up odds and then not accepting them from some people and giving the same odds to other people is blatantly just plain BS!!!

To offer odds and then only allow people on for amounts of less than $100 is just crap!,,

Brodie you should start up a group and get people to put in money and hope you get 170k or so  then go to the TAB and you get to.put on bets nobody else can.Even fixed odds quinella.Maybe you could call it People Get Paid(PGP)😂

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Go somewhere else Brodie, there are at least 5 corp bookies in Oz who will quote you and other snipers. As Basil correctly points out the NZTAB does not have to accept anyone's bets if they choose not to. It happens globally - its called Risk Management and assists with providing stakes money for the respective codes.

PS. This is for Brodie to respond to if he chooses, not Chief, but he will probably  anyway just like most other times.

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

PS. This is for Brodie to respond to if he chooses, not Chief, but he will probably  anyway just like most other times.

Com'on JJ !!  play the game, fair dinkum, this is public forum. Anyone registered can respond if they want. 

Message Brodie with your 'private' stuff if you don't want other comment. Brodie would be De-Lighted to hear from you. ?

10 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Go somewhere else Brodie, there are at least 5 corp bookies in Oz who will quote you and other snipers. As Basil correctly points out the NZTAB does not have to accept anyone's bets if they choose not to. It happens globally - its called Risk Management and assists with providing stakes money for the respective codes.

Actually ozzie bookies and tab also limit punters. Such an unjust world,poor Wayne,I mean Brodie

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

its called Risk Management and assists with providing stakes money for the respective codes.

So where was the "Risk Management" when they offered the BGP an exclusive Fixed Odds Quinella bet in a closed book of ONE bet?  Not only exclusive but at a bonus price!

Don't come back with the Bullshit justification that it was "good marketing"!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So where was the "Risk Management" when they offered the BGP an exclusive Fixed Odds Quinella bet in a closed book of ONE bet?  Not only exclusive but at a bonus price!

This is a good question, to which I don't know the answer (although I can think of a few, none of them that convincing). But as JJF has pointed out, there is (apparently) a forum on which it can be directed to the CEO TAB. Which would seem the appropriate place to ask it.

• Champ Post 1

14 minutes ago, Basil said:

This is a good question, to which I don't know the answer (although I can think of a few, none of them that convincing). But as JJF has pointed out, there is (apparently) a forum on which it can be directed to the CEO TAB. Which would seem the appropriate place to ask it.

Please enlighten us on what the forum is that we can ask a question  and have it answered by the CEO of the TAB?????????

I have some questions for him!

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Com'on JJ !!  play the game, fair dinkum, this is public forum. Anyone registered can respond if they want. 

Message Brodie with your 'private' stuff if you don't want other comment. Brodie would be De-Lighted to hear from you. ?

Play what game- I simply offered the intrepid Brodie a chance to question the CEO of NZTAB re restricted punters etc- thats his fav topic to moan about but its becoming laborious

Brodie has failed to respond as usual which shows how serious he isn't. 

You clearly do not know that Chief withdrew my PM functionality after someone told him i bagged him and his site. I asked him to post this so called slur but im still waiting

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

From what i have read it looks like a promotion involving a long time losing client. As i have no affiliation with them in any capacity i cant answer for certain. I do notice that the whingers  are going on about TAB but has anyone made any comments about BGP losing bets on KM night. For that matter would anybody be posting about it if the quinella had not won??

Sorry for adding some balance

Edited by JJ Flash

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

From what i have read it looks like a promotion involving a long time losing client. As i have no affiliation with them in any capacity i cant answer for certain. I do notice that the whingers  are going on about TAB but has anyone made any comments about BGP losing bets on KM night. For that matter would anybody be posting about it if the quinella had not won??

Sorry for adding some balance

You don't actually get it do you.  It is nothing to do with the bet winning or losing.  It is the exclusivity of the bet type and the amount.  The fact that it was a winning bet makes it worse.

You raised the issue of risk management yet dont seem to understand what that means.  Allowing a bet at a substantial amount at overs in essentially a one bet book isn't a good approach to risk management.  Effectively they were going away money.

They appear to have covered their arse by offloading their liability on the tote essentially robbing the general punting public for the benefit of a privileged group.  

In my opinion that is just damn right wrong!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You clearly do not know that Chief withdrew my PM functionality after someone told him i bagged him and his site. I asked him to post this so called slur but im still waiting

Keep waiting.  You only venture to BOAY when the echo chamber gets to you and you then try and promote people to join you elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

It is nothing to do with the bet winning or losing. 

It has everything to do with that. Its you that does not get it. Nobody has said a thing about their losing bets hence my comment about the thread mostly lacking any  balance. That's my opinion. naturally you disagree which is what you always do when i post.

29 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I recall reading that someone or multi posters told Chief that you were PMing them & you were telling them to leave here and go to RC. That to me seems highly likely, with or without evidence. Chief therefore has the right to take that privilege away from you.

Chief has already suggested to you on this thread to ask the question yourself on behalf of Brodie. And come back and post the answer.

If you were genuine, then you would just do that.

For example if I was in your position & meant well, I would just go about and do that. But instead you come back here and stir the pot. And in a not so subtle way invite posters to post on RC.

The only reason I can think possibly why Chief must not block you is that by you posting here, it actually by default drives up views. Which is in detriment to what you seek to achieve posting here.

Why not just post without an agenda on here. You prob would be much better received.

Do you understand why I said you were a Trojan Horse. That is not a name call. It is a job title.

But you can reset here if you chose to.

Edited by Karrots

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Keep waiting.  You only venture to BOAY when the echo chamber gets to you and you then try and promote people to join you elsewhere.

You really are a plonker, i have no affiliation with any other site or its owners etc. I simply offered the serial bull shitter Brodie an opportunity to ask the CEO his perennial questions which he has gone on about ever since i joined your site.Basil and a few other smart people agree with me from what i have seen.

I suspect you have some major long standing issues with another forum. That is your issue not mine  

• Bad Post 1

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

It has everything to do with that. Its you that does not get it. Nobody has said a thing about their losing bets hence my comment about the thread mostly lacking any  balance. That's my opinion. naturally you disagree which is what you always do when i post.

You talk some annoying crap and false crap at that.  There's two threads on this Subject and others have commented that it wasn't right.  

Others HAVE posted on the BGP losing bets.  Hell some of us even pointed out before race time that the Seven Twenty top three bet was a stupid one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karrots said:

I recall reading that someone or multi posters told Chief that you were PMing them & you were telling them to leave here and go to RC. 

Please get him to post these so called messages- im ok for him to do so- will he do it- i'd be very surprised and it would be  selective

5 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Chief has already suggested to you on this thread to ask the question yourself on behalf of Brodie. And come back and post the answer.

Its not my issue its Brodie- im not babysitting him like Chief does but then again he does post a lot so its good for his site.As fore me being genuine you have already made up your mind when i read your nonsense/shit about Trojans

9 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Why not just post without an agenda on here. You prob would be much better received.

I don't have the agenda you go on about as that's your domain.  Unlike you i dont seek a better reception. I post my opinions. You have been here a short time time and basically took over harness section and have the audacity to call me out.

Go for your life- if you don't like what i say or what i post don't read it. That's why i neve respond to HTP as i blocked him 18 months ago.

I wil admit to having a bit of fun with you on another site with the welcome to Karrotts thread. I do hope you were not too offended

4 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Seems the punters club yesty didn't win so all is good with the TAB,they lose too sometimes but as they say the house always wins in the end.

The tab gave them a 4% rebate which means they ended up with their Initial amount .They also gave 25% back  in Bonus bets

• Like 1