Bit Of A Yarn

Brodie rogered again by TAB NZ and BGP!

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I will do as i please and offer opinions from time to time on here and other forums. They obviously don't suit your agenda on here, I'm a glass half full and trust the team now running NZTAB over your ideas.

Thats my choice and given your so big about free speech etc surely you don't want to change that  situation or do you?

Why do you always respond to posts that are addressed to others??. Are you a control freak- you behave like one at times.

JJ Fuck off back to the other site, you are not controversial nor entertaining or clever! 

You cant keep away can you no mates nigel!

Enjoy talking to yourself on the other site, what a dirty ass licking weasel you are, Go Home Dirty Ass Weasel! Go lick Mollys Bum Entrance!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

JJ Fuck off back to the other site, you are not controversial nor entertaining or clever! 

Enjoy talking to yourself on the other site, what a dirty ass licking weasel you are, Go Home Dirty Ass Weasel! Go lick Mollys Bum Entrance!

go whippy on the money again

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Another high quality post Whiplash. I did not know that like Brodie you have no access to to other site and hence your chagrin. Im sure its no loss to them though given the low quality of your posts

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Another high quality post Whiplash. I did not know that like Brodie you have no access to to other site and hence your chagrin. Im sure its no loss to them though given the low quality of your posts

You must be on quite a learning curve over the last couple of days JJ Flash with regard to wagering and marketing.  All 101 stuff but I guess we all had to start somewhere.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I am sure they are ecstatic at the excitement you drum up ah JJ, what a dirty ass licker deliberately coming on here to complain  and recruit posters to other site to the ghostdown trot section where its JJ all day! come to the intelligent site and listen to me the dirty ass weasel!

How desperate and pathetic! 

Hows Happy? Had good posts but abit too Neddy Flanders for me! Be enjoying the big JJ High quality posts?

• Like 2

you should see this bloke on another site, and still just not getting it i dont even think a uppercut and a few hail marys is going to help this joker out. i hate it when people try and appear as though they are a know all, regualrly diminish other posters views, come across like somehow you are in the know, and you have made an absolute arse of yourself. an absolute fuckwit of yourself. you just dont seem to see the bigger picture. 

jesus wept.... FFS....i could get this through to my 7 year old son. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The "one off promo" angle he talks about is all retrospective BS.  A big marketing fail in my opinion.

id give up chief, he clearly doesnt get it.

i agree, but not so much a fail, more a disservice to its punters.  The marketing of the promo, and fixed odds option has worked well, they have got alot of attention, alot of talk.  I think because it is for BGP, he is or most are excusing it.

regardless for all the good bgp do, the point is, it is not fair on your customers to subsidize those wagers for a book containing 1 punter, and for their benefit only.  That is wrong. plain and simple

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

no, you do yourself no favors, and show yourself up to be a bit of a novice in this subject, and its consequences. And it is easy to see why others would feel aggrieved. It seems you are really struggling, and i dont think I can make it any more simple for you.

Initiative, experiment, rewards customers, offer exclusive options, yes offer these, they are great.  All the other competition offers this, bet365, tabcorp, ladbrokes to name a few, its nothing new.  But they arent doing this at the expense of another pool.  This is obvious, otherwise what you, you JJ are implying is that if you say they didnt offset this, they took on board the liability of the bet in a 1 man pool, which would never happen.  And none of the other agencies would operate this way, however in saying this most other outlets already offer fixed odds on quinellas.  

It affects others and the industry, how?? ill try and make it simple for you again, FFS im trying.

you are using a pool of money, to pay for an exclusive option to 1 customer, and reduce the offering to the punters who played into that pool, the only pool they could choose from via betting with the TAB.  This does not encourage punters to come back, as it is uncompetitive.  The TAB would further to this sent money in advertising begging patrons to bet exclusively with them.  Being competitive, and not taking silly takeouts will in turn generate greater betting revenue, which in turn will lead to more funds via distributions to the codes to prop up each area of racing, most importantly stakes, and making the industry self funded.

Very simple terms, but trying to break this down for you so you can see why it is important that the TAB be competitive and look after all it customers (except brodie)in the way of not further disadvantaging their wager via the tote they bet into

by god though you have copped a spanking today.

I don't really disagree with any of this, but the whole thing still seems like a bit of an over-reaction. It's just one race, and offering an exclusive contract is hardly unprecedented in wider financial circles — try getting your bank to offer you the same deals as those they give to inter-bank traders and trading professionals. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Basil said:

offering an exclusive contract is hardly unprecedented in wider financial circles — try getting your bank to offer you the same deals as those they give to inter-bank traders and trading professionals.

Your comparison is very weak.  The banking industry is heavily regulated AND highly competitive.  You will find that those deals you refer to would only differ by small margins.  You are also comparing wholesale with retail markets.

If you are going to using a banking deal analogy then you need to draw an example from the retail market.  So what we saw with the TAB NZ deal to BGP was akin to a Bank offering ONE customer a Fixed mortgage rate at a heavily discounted interest rate and all other customers only offered a daily floating interest rate at a much higher interest rate.  Then the bank reduces their liability on the sweet deal by further increasing the floating interest rate.  Of course that wouldn't happen in the banking industry because of regulation (banks have been hammered big fines for rorts) and competition.

This is where it is a BIG marketing fail by TAB NZ.  A lot of the average punters that I know have at some stage been dicked over by changes the TAB has introduced.  They see adverts saying support your local industry and then they get ripped off by supposedly a promo to a select group.  Note that from the TAB's wagering perspective the "Group" is considered to be one entity.  

Add to all that the desire by TAB NZ to regulate competitors out of the market and force customers to bet with them.  That doesn't sound like a fair market to me - on the one hand offer special prices to one punter and then try and force everyone else to bet on their overpriced product.

So you may not consider it a big deal but for many it is yet another cut towards the deathly thousand.

• Like 1