Bit Of A Yarn

krug

boobybec

On 7/03/2021 at 12:28 PM, Richie said:

Sounds like they contemplating a cup start so might give him a break,unconfirmed though.

According to an article on  Dalgetys website he is being set for the NZ Derby. I would imagine if he was spelled after that he would still have time to be set for a Cup start?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, eljay said:

Krug doubters being answered in the most emphatic manner

Im still not convince. If you take a look back at his wins, it has been from good draws, or when Williams got caught napping. And has won from the front.

Give The Dealer a front line draw 1-2-3 were he can cross and lead and I have my doubts Krug will beat him. 

Great horse to have of course and so nice to see the winnings going to another stable eg Dalgety stable. So I am all for that and for them. So good luck to them for Derby. Will await the draw for the Derby. Surely it is The Dealers time to get a good draw. 

On 3/7/2021 at 12:28 PM, Richie said:

Sounds like they contemplating a cup start so might give him a break,unconfirmed though.

Certainly not heading to paddock post Derby. Dalgety wants Jewels too. Imagine him around Cambridge on the markers. 

Quoted this week as saying he'll have to contest a few ffa's to stay fit for Jewels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roman said:

Krug drawn #9, it's a no thank you from me

Will likely start from 8.  He would be better off there than the 2nd row.

Given he beat all these horses easily in last 2 starts he should be winning again if he turns up in the same form although that's not a given,  after all he's only human.    BD Joe & Luke John would have to be the big threats from the draws

• Like 2

10 hours ago, With A Dream said:

Its a thank you for me.  I got $4.20 on fixed odds 

Was a very boring derby, once he got the front and noone attacked it was his for the taking. I would have thought they (being the field) would have made it a lot harder for him to win, but looked like everyone wanted to run 2nd at best

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eljay said:

Boring for you Roman - not boring for Krug's connections!!

Absolutley right! They would be more than chuffed with tactics adopted with Blair and the lack of attacking from other drivers. My motto is always if on the best horse, lead and dictate; if you get run down it wasnt meant to be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well it's a Redcliffe track record tonight for KRUG . sat outside leader after tracking up 3 wide to get there .pulled away last lap.

Raced away in 1.54 4 to a smashing win over a couple of NewSouthWales horses. Prevoius record was 1.55.2 mile rate.

What an amazing horse.!!!!!!!

Look out 'Expensive Ego' in The Rising Sun feature in a couple of weeks !!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well it's a Redcliffe track record tonight for KRUG . sat outside leader after tracking up 3 wide to get there .pulled away last lap.

Raced away in 1.54 4 to a smashing win over a couple of NewSouthWales horses. Prevoius record was 1.55.2 mile rate.

What an amazing horse.!!!!!!!

Look out 'Expensive Ego' in The Rising Sun feature in a couple of weeks !!!

Looked to do it with a fair bit left in the tank. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, Karrots said:

Im still not convince. If you take a look back at his wins, it has been from good draws, or when Williams got caught napping. And has won from the front.

Give The Dealer a front line draw 1-2-3 were he can cross and lead and I have my doubts Krug will beat him. 

Great horse to have of course and so nice to see the winnings going to another stable eg Dalgety stable. So I am all for that and for them. So good luck to them for Derby. Will await the draw for the Derby. Surely it is The Dealers time to get a good draw. 

Yeeha. That what I mean!