Bit Of A Yarn

Yearling Sales postponed

Richie

3 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

I didnt realise that BOAY required APA referencing on a chat forum!

You are the one who bought up your training as a scientist, why?

Why not?  You referenced a specific epidemiologist but can't provide a source.

I brought up my training because it has more relevance than an unnamed source.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Would you believe me if I told you that one of the co-researchers that developed and advised the Government regarding the Covid-19 pandemic management strategy was a medical doctor with no experience in epidemiology and was a convicted paedophile would you believe me?

yes I would, who cares ,I would think alot of qualified people would have been consulted and doubt the whole successful covid response would have been drastically changed because of one person.

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Why not?  You referenced a specific epidemiologist but can't provide a source.

I brought up my training because it has more relevance than an unnamed source.

It was a point of view from a qualified person on tv news, I dont feel the need to jump to google in an effort to be the most informed covid scientist around.

Who says you are more relevant than the epidemiologist or me, You are just a name to me,What scientist qualification do you have, naming someone doesnt make them right or wrong.

I am glad you have spent 100 hours on google, what has it changed? what will it change?

Think your trying to grandstand here! If you dont like the situation that you forsee is going to get worse then why not move to sweden

6 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

yes I would, who cares ,I would think alot of qualified people would have been consulted and doubt the whole successful covid response would have been drastically changed because of one person.

What if I told that the co-researcher is associated with three of the key Government advisors?  Would you care then?

Just now, whiplash smile said:

It was a point of view from a qualified person on tv news, I dont feel the need to jump to google in an effort to be the most informed covid scientist around.

Who?  Name him or her.  Baker, Wilson, Wills, Hendy, Gorman - there hasn't been many.

Do you believe everything you hear on the news from any "expert"?  Or only those that support your viewpoint?

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

And the flaw in the covid response because of this was what?

If you read their research you can see it quite clearly.  It is based on ideology and not good science.  I would go so far to say that they are happy to see this experiment continue as it gives them data to post validate their crap research.  

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(20)32750-1

Do you believe any of this? 

All the APA referencing in their for you aswell,

Meanwhile, COVID-19 cases continue to increase and too many people are dying unnecessarily in a country without timely concerted actions to interrupt the high transmission and reduce the burden of deaths and illness. We declare no competing intere

Edited by whiplash smile
xtra

In the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Swedish national response continues to be an outlier with cases and deaths increasing more rapidly than in its Nordic neighbours.1,2 On Dec 20, 2020, COVID-19 deaths in Sweden had reached more than 80003 or 787 deaths per 1 million population, which is 4·5 to ten times higher than its neighbours.1