Bit Of A Yarn

Yearling Sales postponed

Richie

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

Nah not true, They took advice from the WHO and so did the majority of the world

Really?  You are not very good at this are you?  Cindy and Grant went AGAINST their own Dept of Health advisors AND WHO when they implemented their strategy.  What's more it was only those TWO that decided - not any other elected Labour party member of parliament NOR even Parliament as a whole.  They used executive powers to do it.

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Really?  You are not very good at this are you?  Cindy and Grant went AGAINST their own Dept of Health advisors AND WHO when they implemented their strategy.  What's more it was only those TWO that decided - not any other elected Labour party member of parliament NOR even Parliament as a whole.  They used executive powers to do it.

Because it was their decision, if thet didnt make that desicion where would we be now?

Facing more lockdowns than what we have faced here, think your self lucky that your living conditions are better than most countries at the moment

2 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Based on Factual Data!

FFS you don't get it do you!!!!!

Up to today 12,500 people have died with Covid-19 in Sweden.  That's a fact.

Dr Claeson say's - "that's a failure".

I say "it isn't a failure".

Those are opinion's referencing the same facts.

However I justify my opinion by referring to more than one factor and outcome and especially when you compare it to countries that took more draconian actions.

Now if Dr Claeson wasn't biased and using Sweden as the benchmark she would say "25 other countries FAILED too."  But she hasn't has she?  She has singled out Sweden's approach as a failure.  Why?

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS you don't get it do you!!!!!

Up to today 12,500 people have died with Covid-19 in Sweden.  That's a fact.

Dr Claeson say's - "that's a failure".

I say "it isn't a failure".

Those are opinion's referencing the same facts.

However I justify my opinion by referring to more than one factor and outcome and especially when you compare it to countries that took more draconian actions.

Now if Dr Claeson wasn't biased and using Sweden as the benchmark she would say "25 other countries FAILED too."  But she hasn't has she?  She has singled out Sweden's approach as a failure.  Why?

FFS you dont get it, the article was about SWEDENS COVID RESPONSE! How do you know she is bias?

10 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Because it was their decision, if thet didnt make that desicion where would we be now?

Facing more lockdowns than what we have faced here, think your self lucky that your living conditions are better than most countries at the moment

Quite frankly there are any number of countries I'd rather be at the moment.  I have no fear of getting Covid-19.  I'm not concerned about my living conditions today I'm worried about the impacts further down the track.  I've also seen the impact these decisions have had on our young and on self-employed business people.  People who are not going to die from Covid-19.  Where is the egalitarian approach from you with regard to that?  Yeah na.  "I'm alright and let's share the kindness".....

7 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

FFS you dont get it, the article was about SWEDENS COVID RESPONSE! How do you know she is bias?

Actually pulling wings off Flies might be more entertaining  than this.

The "article" was an opinion piece.  The bias is self evident.  She targeted Sweden and Sweden only.  She didn't do any comparison with any other country.

The best evidence that you could provide to counter my contention that Sweden has done very well was to post an opinion piece.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Quite frankly there are any number of countries I'd rather be at the moment.  I have no fear of getting Covid-19.  I'm not concerned about my living conditions today I'm worried about the impacts further down the track.  I've also seen the impact these decisions have had on our young and on self-employed business people.  People who are not going to die from Covid-19.  Where is the egalitarian approach from you with regard to that?  Yeah na.  "I'm alright and let's share the kindness"...

Thats right YOU dont care! I am not going to visit my Nana in the rest home and tell her shes a selfish Bitch cause she doesnt want to die from something preventable, Over and Out, you Brodie and Fucktard are 100 % correct, Fuck The Elderly they no use when they not working and paying tax, Die you selfish leeching pricks!!!!!!!!!

• Bad Post 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Actually pulling wings off Flies might be more entertaining  than this.

The "article" was an opinion piece.  The bias is self evident.  She targeted Sweden and Sweden only.  She didn't do any comparison with any other country.

The best evidence that you could provide to counter my contention that Sweden has done very well was to post an opinion piece.

That contained the same data!!!!!! You getting abit too molloy like for my liking, Ill agree to disagree on this subject cause on this subject im out, too much masturbating to do, the flies might be hanging aroung cause of all the shit you are talking.

Thanks for the chat Chief Scientist!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The source for this quote?

The "neighbours" had worse flu seasons than Sweden in 2019.  Displaced mortality accounts for some of the differences.  Another reason is that most comparisons don't smooth for each countries demographics.  Contrary to what a superficial view might lead you to think the demographics of Sweden is quite different to its Nordic neighbours.

However that aside the point I was making, which doesn't align with your biased narrative, is that Sweden followed the pre-Covid-19 agreed pandemic plan which was based on a consensus of nations including WHO.  The outcome?  No different than those who followed more stringent lockdown policies e.g. the UK.

The UK has experienced their worst economic contraction since "The Great Frost" of 1709 with a -9.9% reduction in GDP.  Sweden had a contraction of -2.8% or a 350% difference.  What's more where many many UK businesses have gone bust Sweden's have continued to operate and survive.

Not a good comparison as UK were far too late in implementing any lockdown

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

Thats right YOU dont care!

Correct because I'm not afraid of Covid-19.  Looking at the science I'm better off than catching the flu.

2 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

I am not going to visit my Nana in the rest home and tell her shes a selfish Bitch cause she doesnt want to die from something preventable

Nana is in a rest home and is in the twilight of her life.  I'm not calling her a "selfish Bitch" as that would be rude, unfair and I don't know her.  You are the one that is selfish.  You want to lock down non-vulnerable people and ruin businesses to protect yourself NOT Nana.  All because of a strategy driven by ideology that is wrong.

There isn't 100% chance that she would die from Covid-19 if she was unlucky enough to catch it.  Not everyone her age that catches it dies.  Even if you are over age 90 the chances are 1 in 10.  Even if she was vaccinated that may not stop her from getting Covid-19.  No vaccine is 100% effective.  It may improve the 90 year olds chances to 1 in 20.

16 minutes ago, Richie said:

Not a good comparison as UK were far too late in implementing any lockdown

There is no evidence to say they "were far too late."  There is ample research based on evidence that lockdowns are not effective.   NZ has gone for an isolation "Fortress New Zealand" (that term comes from Baker, Wilson, et al.) approach.  At great cost.

I haven't seen the plan yet for getting out this situation.  Sooner or later NZ will have to experience the pain.  Perhaps the Government should be having the conversation with the populous about the truth?  That the only way we can avoid the pain is to stay isolated for many many years to come. 

16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Quite frankly there are any number of countries I'd rather be at the moment.  I have no fear of getting Covid-19.  I'm not concerned about my living conditions today

NZ is a great country Chief. Don't leave. Standard of living is very high compared to most. 

Your opinion just here is fine , and certainly explains your emotion. Brodie and yourself thinking of the economy downturn as well, by 'locking up' the nation.  so that's a good thing !  (thinking of others)

However, Whippy and myself and some others do 'rely' on our governments to make decisions that Benefit Everyone, Not just Covid related either . and they Especially have to look out for the vulnarable , aged , poor as some NOT totally self sufficient. I am unbiased in political party supported.

I have literally just walked back in the door from taking 93 year old father-in-law to eye clinic. He still has own home, hasn't driven for 20 years, still mows his lawn ! and lives off Government old age pension. He's a good old stick. The governments of NZ and OZ are Doing their best to protect people like these. AND there are a lot of them in Oz and NZ. all the best to you and readers.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I think some posters on here need to calm down, take a deep breath and have some chocolate cake. And just ease up on the foul language while we remember this is supposedly a racing forum.

you and karrots can click the ignore messages button if you dont like it, its what its for, or close your eyes and dont read it, its clearly a covid debate not racing, use some iniative before moaning!

38 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

you and karrots can click the ignore messages button if you dont like it, its what its for, or close your eyes and dont read it, its clearly a covid debate not racing, use some iniative before moaning!

Moaning, excuse me Whippy, but as I reside in Auks which u know, I have been directly effected by this level 3 lockdown. Auks 3rd lockdown. I have not come on this thread & moaned about it. I have done the opposite & posted on other threads instead talking about the horses. 

I'm not attacking you or your viewpoint. Have no desire to talk about Covid. So please do not include me in this debate. 

Many thanks. 

• Bad Post 1