Bit Of A Yarn

Yearling Sales postponed

Richie

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

What I am saying is that the-act of locking people down every time there is a positive test thousands of miles away can not continue!!!!

Brodie young fella what the hell are you going on about now. Thousands of "miles" away you must be talking about the UK  - 11,000 "miles" away!!! Its about time you got "with it" even an old bugger like me knows that we use km now days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAKH said:

Brodie young fella what the hell are you going on about now. Thousands of "miles" away you must be talking about the UK  - 11,000 "miles" away!!! Its about time you got "with it" even an old bugger like me knows that we use km now days.

Hope you are keeping safe, being kind, and washing your hands and scanning every Scanning code you possibly can !

We can not be complacent as this more infectious variant of Covid19 seems to be misbehaving and not infecting anyone else but the 3 positives in South Auckland!

Level 2 and 3 for what?

• Like 1

This so called lockdown with travel restrictions in Auckland is a joke. My family relatives have been up in Auck for a week and were due to travel to the coromandel for a holiday but couldnt so yesterday were allowed to get on a plane and return the South Island where they are now going on a tour of the West Coat instead. No testing or nothing so the virus could be going anywhere. What a great lockdown it is.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harewood said:

This so called lockdown with travel restrictions in Auckland is a joke. My family relatives have been up in Auck for a week and were due to travel to the coromandel for a holiday but couldnt so yesterday were allowed to get on a plane and return the South Island where they are now going on a tour of the West Coat instead. No testing or nothing so the virus could be going anywhere. What a great lockdown it is.  

Two recent Government orchestrated scares. 

One a Northland family - supposedly with the super South African variant.  NO lockdown.  They toured all over the place while infected - no infections outside their immediate family.  Even then not everyone in the family got it!

Second a South Auckland family - supposedly with the super UK variant.  Auckland locked down.  250m cost to the economy.  More businesses on WINZ benefits and handouts.  Again no one infected outside the immediate family and again not everyone in the family infected!

Schools closed down AGAIN in Auckland.  What for?

Is this the future for our children?

methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_aa0a0c3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Two recent Government orchestrated scares. 

One a Northland family - supposedly with the super South African variant.  NO lockdown.  They toured all over the place while infected - no infections outside their immediate family.  Even then not everyone in the family got it!

Second a South Auckland family - supposedly with the super UK variant.  Auckland locked down.  250m cost to the economy.  More businesses on WINZ benefits and handouts.  Again no one infected outside the immediate family and again not everyone in the family infected!

Schools closed down AGAIN in Auckland.  What for?

Is this the future for our children?

methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_aa0a0c3

I have to concede defeat here chief! At least 30% of my work is online and increased over covid , I can tell you on my day off talking to people in the deep south today (and I never raised the issue!) they have  really had enough, it is impacting more than I realised!  Thank you for your facts!  Whippy was wrong! Sorry!

• Like 1

Now that everyone has kissed & made up, does anyone want to play the guessing game for Top Lot?

How much the Top Lot will go for at CHC?

Gamms you can have another guess. I'd say there is a good chance it will go higher than $300k, based on fact there are more horses & those bidders eg Fleiss did not bid at AKL. In saying that it depends also, if a couple of those high bidders get stuck on the same horse. If not, then it may not go higher than $300k.

Come on peeps take a guess & I can announce the winner after the sale 😄

1 hour ago, Robalan said:

$220k

Getting some traction, but we hit a speed bump so slowed us down from building speed up,

driving slow down GIF by Super Simple

As Gamms has not re-entered, will keep him on original 200, Robalan 220, Trotsfan 240, Karrots 300 as per original,  Eljay ph bid as per original.

Any other takers, bidding still open, looking to clear the speed bumps soon.

Surely there is a 260 out there, a 260, has anyone got a 260?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Karrots said:

Aww we got a 270, thats a 270, we are at 270 now,

Ill take a fivver, a fivver next bid, look at all those nice yearlings we have here.

Who will give me a 275?

Bidding is over - no more entries being taken. Within the below ranges will be the winner, or it very may well be no winner, due to lack of entries. Whippy is in, due to liking my last post here at 275, which is equivalent to a scratch on nose, the auctioneer has taken it as a bid - so he is on 280 - 289. Winner or no winner announced at conclusion of the sale. Who will it be? 

Gamms  200 - 209,

Robalan  220 - 229,

Trotsfan  240 -249,

Chief    270 - 279,

Whippy  280 - 289,

Karrots  300 - 309,

Eljay  ph bid.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

whats the top price so far? see a $110k colt out of One Over Kenny?

120k for a colt out of Rae Galleon. Relation to Stent etc.

Have to say, some people should be taking the money for these horses that got passed. I see 1 didnt sell and it got to 50k, that's good money for a yearling trotter

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Perfect Taupiri Wonder, aww lala. Karrots holds the crown. Oh I must make sure you have a nice 2 y-o old for the Jewels. Actually wait I need to check who you on. ... 

Ok you on a 2 - y-o trotter called Faith in Manchester, looks ok a 2nd so far. But no problem, Karrots have favourites I give you another no problem hehe 😁

Edited by Karrots

Havent seen the results of the trotters sale today so will be interesting to see what they sold for in the morning results.
To be racing horses nowadays, you nave to be doing it for the love of it as the chances of covering your costs is very very small!

The catalogues are strong this year but are there enough people prepared to shell out big money in the hope that they have something that can run fast enough to win many races?

The fact is that stake money most horses are currently racing for is a fraction of what the owners need, to make it a financially viable proposition!

Hopefully things will turn around and harness stays sound in the South Island as the North Island harness racing is knackered!

• Like 1