Bit Of A Yarn

Yearling Sales postponed

Richie

14 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Moaning, excuse me Whippy, but as I reside in Auks which u know, I have been directly effected by this level 3 lockdown. Auks 3rd lockdown. I have not come on this thread & moaned about it. I have done the opposite & posted on other threads instead talking about the horses. 

I'm not attacking you or your viewpoint. Have no desire to talk about Covid. So please do not include me in this debate. 

Many thanks. 

could care less where you live karrots, dont give away your location, your ex might be reading this!

• Bad Post 4

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Ease up.  Since when does someone liking a post necessitate abuse?

when she has previously got upset about me using the term jaffa in a joke, then i mentioned the hide posts button , which if she didnt get the tone between kick in the kods and myself by then and use the button,

Is that what you call abuse now that I dont kiss your ass like everybody else?

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Professor Michael Baker, Professor Nick Wilson, Dr Matthew Boyd and Dr Osman Mansoor.

I thought you were joking about the paedo involvement, but then I see this list and realise you weren't.  Interesting.

Still, everybody deserves a second chance, and it doesn't necessarily make him wrong on this topic (even though I think he is).

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, seriously why is there a need to bring in bloody levels that once again going to affect peoples livelihoods more than a mild virus.

This so called deadly virus that most peoplewho test positive have no symptoms whatsoever is not going to go away, and she jjst wants to get up there and blah blah blah!

This useless lot are great  at destroying business but anything that is good for business, they have no idea about!

Ardern and her useless associates still get paid regardless and yet she has the say on when business can operate!

The Dickheads that voted for Labour need to wake up to the poor decision they made, based on Covid19 alone, as they have achieved nothing else except closing the country down!

Bloody brilliant!

More diversion tactics mate. Friday, comes the revelation that many (Hopeless Hipkins doesn't know the exact number, surprise, surprise) Covid returnees are completing their two-week isolation then heading off to Australia.  Sunday, there is a community outbreak and lockdown in Auckland and the rest of the country are at Level 3. Now, talk about the returnees going to Australia is forgotten, or shut down. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but perhaps not.

1 hour ago, Basil said:

I thought you were joking about the paedo involvement, but then I see this list and realise you weren't.  Interesting.

Still, everybody deserves a second chance, and it doesn't necessarily make him wrong on this topic (even though I think he is).

Do some research on one of the others as well.

As for second chance.  Some crimes yes others no.  

3 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Shes the one that goes on about it, not me!

Don’t understand this weird thing, you think I am or was a journo. The fact is No, never have been never would be. Repeat No.

You were the 1 that brought up the Auk thing re saying Jaffa.

Relevant here in this instant to point out, hence you said I along with Ludwig were moaning. You may want to add in Ranga, Robalan &  JJ, too as they all also liked the post you refer to.

Quietly - Take a look at where I have name called you, attacked you, or used unbecoming language towards you. 

Quietly - Now take a look to where I have praised you, included you in fun games, chatting nicely with you and respected you when replying.

I had thought we had moved on. I’m going to leave it at that Whippy.

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 2
  • Bad Post 1

48 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Don’t understand this weird thing, you think I am or was a journo. The fact is No, never have been never would be. Repeat No.

You were the 1 that brought up the Auk thing re saying Jaffa.

Relevant here in this instant to point out, hence you said I along with Ludwig were moaning. You may want to add in Ranga, Robalan &  JJ, too as they all also liked the post you refer to.

Quietly - Take a look at where I have name called you, attacked you, or used unbecoming language towards you. 

Quietly - Now take a look to where I have praised you, included you in fun games, chatting nicely with you and respected you when replying.

I had thought we had moved on. I’m going to leave it at that Whippy.

Good post, though I suspect in vain. Mr Whippy appears to have "issues" and is simply looking to be disagreeable. So good try trying to reason with it, but just like Trump, it revels in attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

A government Cannot just 'Let Citizens die' if there is some way to prevent it. 

NZ and Australia are Admired World-wide at the moment for the measures put in place that have led to VERY FEW deaths. and yet you argue against these measures ? 

Keeping people in their homes has saved hundreds of lives ?  you can't sacrifice them to build up community immunity. May be Brodie and yourself can send your mum's down the shops first to start the circulation?

I understand the community impact , and economic impact that Brodie and others mentioned (even MELBOURNE is in 5 day mini-lockdown at this second again ,so stadiums empty at the Oz open tennis for a few days as well as all businesses shut AGAIN) so very frustrating.  But ALL LIVES MATTER.

Gamma, firstly wish I could send my mum down to the shops!

Secondly, All Lives do matter, of course!

What I would put my second to last million on, is that there is going to be a helluva lot more deaths caused by being locked up or down , than what Covid19 is ever going to kill!

There has not been a single death in NZ to anyone that had good health from Covid19.

There has and will be many more deaths to many with good health due to mental health issues caused from lockdowns and business failure!!!!!!

People need to wake up to the fact that there will always be virus’s and that shutting down the country just does not work!

The common influenza every year normally kills many hundreds in NZ every year but this Government doesnt mention this, as it does not fit with Arderns agenda!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, firstly wish I could send my mum down to the shops!

Secondly, All Lives do matter, of course!

What I would put my second to last million on, is that there is going to be a helluva lot more deaths caused by being locked up or down , than what Covid19 is ever going to kill!

There has not been a single death in NZ to anyone that had good health from Covid19.

There has and will be many more deaths to many with good health due to mental health issues caused from lockdowns and business failure!!!!!!

People need to wake up to the fact that there will always be virus’s and that shutting down the country just does not work!

The common influenza every year normally kills many hundreds in NZ every year but this Government doesnt mention this, as it does not fit with Arderns agenda!!

yes , Chief and I were not able to send mums to the shops either, sorry about that with you and yours too.

There is help for people with mental health issues Always. Use it . You only live once and people want you to live and will help out in many ways, when times get tough. There is Never a time to harm self (or others)

Sorry that the lock-downs and assorted covid related issues that have annoyed you. It is indeed PAINFUL 

and many hundreds of lives have been saved over past year because of covid 19 . They were semi- isolated and did Not catch the usual seasonal flu's you spoke of, that they would normally catch, and so many are still alive , whereas a number would of passed away, as you sugggested. (so an INADVERTENT BONUS !!)

YES there will always be viruses, we survived swine , bird, spanish, russian, others,  but shutting down countries TEMPORARILY actually did work !!! many lives saved ! well done NZ and Australia 

and everyones hygiene has improved. lol. had to wash up and sign in at 2 places today where elderly were .lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gammalite said:

There is help for people with mental health issues Always. Use it . You only live once and people want you to live and will help out in many ways, when times get tough. There is Never a time to harm self (or others)

Stop being so bloody condescending.  You are obviously in a position of privilege and lockdowns have no effect on you. 

many hundreds of lives have been saved over past year because of covid 19 . They were semi- isolated and did Not catch the usual seasonal flu's you spoke of, that they would normally catch, and so many are still alive , whereas a number would of passed away, as you sugggested. (so an INADVERTENT BONUS !!)

You have no idea how many lives were saved.  Nor do you have any idea how long they have been "saved" for.  The fact is that some mortality has been deferred at considerable expense and that expense WILL cost lives.  So you contradict yourself as obviously for you not all lives do matter only that small percentage of the population that may be susceptible to respiratory viruses.  You'd quite gladly see a year or more of my daughter's school year and social development stuffed to supposedly save the lives.

YES there will always be viruses, we survived swine , bird, spanish, russian, others,  but shutting down countries TEMPORARILY actually did work !!! many lives saved ! well done NZ and Australia

So you support temporarily locking down countries every year?  Again you are in a privileged position and it doesn't affect you.  At what level of a perceived danger do you lock down?  Obviously not the flu level of danger because we haven't needed to do that for decades.  Hell we didn't lock down during the Spanish Flu because we had to keep fighting a war and people needed to keep working.

The sad irony about this approach is we are actually making our populations more vulnerable to future infections because we are lowering natural immunity and creating a viral naive population.  Don't be surprised if the next flu season has two or three times or more than average mortality.

If this approach continues and more and more collateral damage occurs and civil liberties are further curtailed you will see civil disobedience emerge.  It was starting before the "new dangerous variants" narrative was dreamed up and it won't be long before you will see more push back.  

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

BTW Gammalite do you realise and understand that vaccination doesn't give a path out of this nonsense.

Vaccines are not 100% effective.

Vaccines do not create a force shield around you.  You will still get infected unless of course you keep everything locked down.

Vaccines work by priming the immunity system to fight the infection.  They can't prevent infection but only minimise the impact of the virus.

Did you know that a signifiant number of those that die from the flu have been vaccinated?

• Like 2

Gama, everything that Chief has said is totally correct!

The selfishness of a lot people is unbelievable!

I have heard oldies ring up on talkback and say that young ones dont care about the older ones and should not be thinking about themselves!!!
Reality is that the COVID19 lockdown is not a  killer and the lockdown is!

If you are scared of it and think you are vulnerable then lock yourself down!

Locking everyone down every time that there is a positive case is just crazy shit!

The country can not continue to do this and business and people lives are going to continue to suffer.

The fact is as I have said on numerous times is that not one person has been killed solely due to Covid19!!!

Financially on a personal note we have done  exceptionally well out of it, however for the majority of business people, they are getting a hammering and many will just not survive!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

The same is happening here.

Meanwhile, England’s National Health Service has said 350,000 patients in England had been waiting for more than six weeks for a key diagnostic test in December 2020.

They added a total of 345,664 patients were waiting for one of 15 standard tests, including an MRI scan, non-obstetric ultrasound or gastroscopy.

In December 2019, the equivalent figure was 41,906.

Well it's like this guys, blame me all you like, I'm just saying the Governments of Australia and NZ took/take action to Protect ALL their citizens. I didn't demand any lockdown.

An elected Government is voted in to HELP ALL it's citizens as best it can, NOT EXPOSE them to all these overseas dangers and risks to their health. (Covid or other)

YES I AGREE it sucks everytime a quarantine 'hotel worker' goes home with virus , as it effects everyone. Like Melbourne and Auckland this week. Very Sad. 

You do realise that a few Spot-fires of virus , can/could join up in the community and become a Raging Inferno ???

Chief and Brodie say 'Let the Fire burn for the good and future of the country'. Government says WE CAN"T LET PEOPLE BURN without Trying ways of preventing the Fire. good on them !!!!!!! that's their job I thought ?

Yes, vaccinations are a great debate as well and will cause a lot more angst in society Very soon too! Oh Dear....

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

he fact is as I have said on numerous times is that not one person has been killed solely due to Covid19!!

.A GREAT result Brodie , congratulations are in order. NZ a terrific country at looking after it's citizens.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So you support temporarily locking down countries every year? 

No opinion on this Chief, (nor the vaccination either) as I AGREE there are huge problems with both.

OUR GOVERNMENTS make these decisions for the benefit of Everyone, especially the elderly and underpriviliged.

It is a very Important issue , and threw some words down to support those folk. Not my 'Priviliged 'self ,alas.   

I Support government/ expert health decisions,  not Lockdowns. 

10 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well it's like this guys, blame me all you like, I'm just saying the Governments of Australia and NZ took/take action to Protect ALL their citizens. I didn't demand any lockdown.

Pointing out flaws in your argument is not assigning blame!  The fact is both Australia and NZ did not protect ALL citizens.  Their actions were to supposedly protect a very small percentage of people that would be adversely affected by getting Covid-19.  What's more they knew which part of the population that was.  What they chose to do to protect those few was harm many many others and cause more mortality in ways that are not as easy to measure as daily league tables plotting the evolution of a virus.  On that latter point - will we have league tables for annual influenza?  Or HIV deaths?  Or TB deaths?  Or how about daily league tables for diabetes and obesity caused deaths?

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

You do realise that a few Spot-fires of virus , can/could join up in the community and become a Raging Inferno ???

That is emotional hysterical language - not an informed balanced narrative.  Aside from the UK and NYC where has there been a "raging inferno"?  It is notable that both those areas that I mentioned have dysfunctional health care systems and in one a political leader that seems to be nothing more than a charlatan.  

18 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Chief and Brodie say 'Let the Fire burn for the good and future of the country'. Government says WE CAN"T LET PEOPLE BURN without Trying ways of preventing the Fire. good on them !!!!!!! that's their job I thought ?

I can't speak for Brodie but I'm pretty sure that he, like I, have never ever said "let it burn".  Again emotive hysterical language that offers nothing to the debate.  You are willing to slash and burn the economy and businesses, peoples jobs and education to save a few?  Imagine if our Grandfathers had thought like that when faced with WW2.  

What we have said is protect those that are vulnerable and let the rest of society get on.  That option long term has less repercussions than the lockdown.

If Sweden hadn't made a mistake early on with the shifting of residential care elderly from their homes to rest homes their league table status would be a lot better.  Even then their excess mortality for 2020 is not much more than 10% higher than any other year in the last five.  If you extend the comparison time you will find there is no statistical difference!  They still have a functioning economy and industries surviving which we savaged.

What the Australian and New Zealand Governments are not being honest about is that we will either have to live with the virus eventually OR remain in isolation for a very very long time.  In my opinion the second option is not feasible.

28 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

OUR GOVERNMENTS make these decisions for the benefit of Everyone, especially the elderly and underpriviliged.

It is a very Important issue , and threw some words down to support those folk. Not my 'Priviliged 'self ,alas.   

I Support government/ expert health decisions,  not Lockdowns. 

You don't get it do you?  Lockdowns and isolation impact most the underprivileged and those with health issues OTHER than the flavour of the month.  You are in a privileged position to have that view.  You don't have to work at an essential service like a supermarket checkout do you?

As for "experts" - ask yourself this - why was all the decades of pandemic planning by experts thrown out the window for a virus that was much much less dangerous than those they planned for?

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Pointing out flaws in your argument is not assigning blame!  The fact is both Australia and NZ did not protect ALL citizens.  Their actions were to supposedly protect a very small percentage of people that would be adversely affected by getting Covid-19.  What's more they knew which part of the population that was.  What they chose to do to protect those few was harm many many others and cause more mortality in ways that are not as easy to measure as daily league tables plotting the evolution of a virus.  On that latter point - will we have league tables for annual influenza?  Or HIV deaths?  Or TB deaths?  Or how about daily league tables for diabetes and obesity caused deaths?

That is emotional hysterical language - not an informed balanced narrative.  Aside from the UK and NYC where has there been a "raging inferno"?  It is notable that both those areas that I mentioned have dysfunctional health care systems and in one a political leader that seems to be nothing more than a charlatan.  

I can't speak for Brodie but I'm pretty sure that he, like I, have never ever said "let it burn".  Again emotive hysterical language that offers nothing to the debate.  You are willing to slash and burn the economy and businesses, peoples jobs and education to save a few?  Imagine if our Grandfathers had thought like that when faced with WW2.  

What we have said is protect those that are vulnerable and let the rest of society get on.  That option long term has less repercussions than the lockdown.

If Sweden hadn't made a mistake early on with the shifting of residential care elderly from their homes to rest homes their league table status would be a lot better.  Even then their excess mortality for 2020 is not much more than 10% higher than any other year in the last five.  If you extend the comparison time you will find there is no statistical difference!  They still have a functioning economy and industries surviving which we savaged.

What the Australian and New Zealand Governments are not being honest about is that we will either have to live with the virus eventually OR remain in isolation for a very very long time.  In my opinion the second option is not feasible.

You don't get it do you?  Lockdowns and isolation impact most the underprivileged and those with health issues OTHER than the flavour of the month.  You are in a privileged position to have that view.  You don't have to work at an essential service like a supermarket checkout do you?

As for "experts" - ask yourself this - why was all the decades of pandemic planning by experts thrown out the window for a virus that was much much less dangerous than those they planned for?

Thanks Chief , I do get it, and I did NOT say I  support Lockdowns.  yes the arguement became very Political., yes there are viruses around all the time, yes community immunity build up important , yes vaccination help and don't help,  and yes NZ and OZ government s did such a good job saving their citizens that Brodie is ungrateful. 

and yes it is a fairly tame virus (as in not effecting the young to any degree) .... BUT what if it Mutated and got worse, ? covid 19 did start out looking very dangerous. some countries had a LOT of FUNERALS . there were a lot of ' infernos' around the globe Chief, not just UK. Brazil and Italy real bad and many other nations too.

When Hendra Virus broke in Brisbane in the 90's I was exposed at UQ. It KILLED 4 of the 7 people ,that contracted it, and it KILLED horses. That is potent !! I wasn't allowed to go home for 3 days. There was almost 'Panic' for a week to find out where it came from . it was truly awful . CONTAINMENT absolutely ESSENTIAL. 

I

5 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Brazil and Italy real bad and many other nations too.

"Real bad" in comparison to what?

"Inferno" is alarmist hysterical language.

Over 1.5m people die in Brazil each year.  That's 4,000 people a day!

Italy has the second oldest population in the world.

There are lots of funerals EVERY day!  150,000 people die a day from disease - a third of those from largely preventable cardiovascular disease.  The USA will probably lead that league table as well!

25,000 people die a day of starvation!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

You are in a privileged position to have that view.  You don't have to work at an essential service like a supermarket checkout do you?

Hahaha yes I had a retail outlet of my very own from 2011 to 2017  , when sold it to the Chinese and retired.

Plenty of people coming in coughing and hacking over the years Too!, which was Very annoying lol.... Lucky not Covid19 in the community then or mightn't be here to Chat ?  a good thing in some eyes hehehe lol...

Seriously though , Do try and feel PRIVILIGED yourself Chief !!!!  as everyone in NZ and OZ should. I Most Certainly Do , as you suggested, lived in NZ many years, now beautiful QLD, and by far 2 of the BEST NATIONS in the world , in so many areas. !!!!!!   Fantastic ! yes😴. should stick to horses on forum I guess so have to say...

What a privilege as well to of raced the fabulous Harness horses in both NZ and Australia, !!! wouldn't of missed it for quids !!!  I'm certainly glad Polio and Pox and assorted things similar, were eradicated so I had the chance...

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

"Real bad" in comparison to what?

"Inferno" is alarmist hysterical language.

Over 1.5m people die in Brazil each year.  That's 4,000 people a day!

Italy has the second oldest population in the world.

There are lots of funerals EVERY day!  150,000 people die a day from disease - a third of those from largely preventable cardiovascular disease.  The USA will probably lead that league table as well!

25,000 people die a day of starvation!

yes that all makes it even more of a Privilege to be in NZ. fresh drinking water a world issue too?

Gammalite, yes we are privileged to live in Australasia, but we surely choose to do this?

What I am saying is that the-act of locking people down every time there is a positive test thousands of miles away can not continue!!!!

The fact is that the only ones that have been hospitalised and or died are the vulnerable people and mostly were from Rosewood Dimentia ward!

Without them the death toll of people that died WITH Covid19 wouldve been about 12!!!!

There is around 800 die every week in NZ from other causes, and it is estimated that during lockdown 3 and 4, there wouldve been approx. 200 Females that didnt have breast cancer diagnosed due to not have the tests!!!!!
So the statement that the Government in NZ is making decisions to protect all New  Zealanders, with respect is just plain BULLSHIT!!!
It is time that the sheep that listen to Ardern and Bloomfield every word, wake up to the fact that the decisions being made have got bigger dire results than looking good on a pedestal!!!!!

That Dickhead you have in Melbourne also is just a control freak as well!!

• Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1