Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Park today.

mikeynz

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

i noticed there are no 1200m mobiles

hopefully they will be programmed in the future

I read in ODT saturday there is no guarantee they will race those winter dates at this stage.

Surely though with the spitfire, and Alexy lining surely this is going to captivate all harness followers lol but it seems not.

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

I had noticed that the superstar, Whangamata, kicks off the programme as horse number one in race one, at start number 60.

Didn't see the race but I see it pulled up,must have got a bad check,a certainty beaten,be on it next time.

8 minutes ago, Forbury said:

Go the mighty spitfire and back J Dunn all day.why is Blair orange driving for mark Jones?.my answer to not win and results show that.put John Morrison on mark for winning trying results

Geez Forbs you are on a roll tonight!  Posting in the same hour on TWO different accounts!  Have A Go at the Spitfire!

• Haha 2
  • Bad Post 1

37 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yep - 11 years old and 317 starts!  Lucky Brodie is restricted as I'm sure it wouldn't have paid $33 if he wasn't!

You have been reported to site manager as your clearly a troll with myself Brodie and others.get a life you sad vile thing

• Bad Post 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

O’Connell does a very good job training old horses down south.

He is doing a good job by not driving as well which I applaud him for!

Is he able to currently drive?what did he get for that drive on petes dash that you  started a thread on dash last year?

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

Is he able to currently drive?what did he get for that drive on petes dash that you  started a thread on dash last year?

Not sure, he did get time.

He does drive a helluva lot better from the grandstand though!

• Haha 2

Averos Spitfire looked to be going well in the last until the last 200m when he chucked in the towel.

Think he is really more of a grass tracker rather than allweather.

Amber Hoffman did a great job to win a couple of races on the grass which is a helluva lot better than he did in hls first 50 plus starts.

Something she did improved the horse incredibly you would not think it was the same horse

Well done to the owners, but time to retire The Spitfire!

Another good article on Alexy in the ODT today,seems hes going to outlive a racecourse that's over a hundred years old,some achievement,I suspect that some of the journos must read these comments or threads on this site,the ODT ran a story on the spitfire after he won too,probably had the spitfire not been so popular on here ,wouldn't have caught anyone's attention.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I suspect that some of the journos must read these comments or threads on this site

Like how when Williamson was interviewed by the TV guy & they played the recording just prior the start of the 4-5 y/o race & he said something like “Im aware there are views out there that think I should of parked the Cullen runners in Easter Cup”.

Oh s..t I was thinking, think he’s talking about me & Galahs. Don’t think he reads this site, but clearly was told.

Anyway it all worked out. On Boxseat last nite, he was optimistic about how the horse ran, so were the hosts, and Williamson noted his fella only has to improve by a couple lengths to be right up with them. Something I agree with.

On time he was only beaten 0.2 secs by S. A & 0.1 secs by A.D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Like how when Williamson was interviewed by the TV guy & they played the recording just prior the start of the 4-5 y/o race & he said something like “Im aware there are views out there that think I should of parked the Cullen runners in Easter Cup”.

Oh s..t I was thinking, think he’s talking about me & Galahs. Don’t think he reads this site, but clearly was told.

Anyway it all worked out. On Boxseat last nite, he was optimistic about how the horse ran, so were the hosts, and Williamson noted his fella only has to improve by a couple lengths to be right up with them. Something I agree with.

On time he was only beaten 0.2 secs by S. A & 0.1 secs by A.D

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting comments, I just don't like getting into slagging anybody personally,we must remember this is still a public forum, I wouldn't like to read someone calling me a cheat or whatever, not that I am but constructive comment is not destructive.