Bit Of A Yarn

Harness Racing Unhinged- Doing a great job!

Brodie

Thought it was about time someone made mention of Harness Racing Unhinged efforts!

I am sure most of you have watched the videos of Harness Racing Unhinged being done by Nigel Armstrong and his camera lady.

Yesterdays interviews were all very good a d well worth watching.

Often he interviews harness participants who you would not even know, and the backgrounds are often very interesting and funny.

We need to acknowledge Nigel’s efforts as I believe he receives no remuneration for his efforts, and just does it for the benefit of the harness industry and is sacrificing his time, when he could be punting!

The interviewing of these people is far more enjoyable than most of the same old ones that Trackside interview, the blah blahs!

• Like 7
  • Champ Post 2

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Thought it was about time someone made mention of Harness Racing Unhinged efforts!

I am sure most of you have watched the videos of Harness Racing Unhinged being done by Nigel Armstrong and his camera lady.

Yesterdays interviews were all very good a d well worth watching.

Often he interviews harness participants who you would not even know, and the backgrounds are often very interesting and funny.

We need to acknowledge Nigel’s efforts as I believe he receives no remuneration for his efforts, and just does it for the benefit of the harness industry and is sacrificing his time, when he could be punting!

The interviewing of these people is far more enjoyable than most of the same old ones that Trackside interview, the blah blahs!

I agree. Nigel has some interesting interviews and he has a good sense of humour.

• Like 3

Nigel and Emily are great. Offer a different perspective than what we are used too, long may it last. 

Thought HRNZ blog yesterday was very poor from the governing body. Looked as though content was written by someone sitting at home and not actually there. 

Subsequent stories by the journos that went live today were excellent though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Go to facebook.

Type in Harness Racing Unhinged.

Thanks for that Brodster !  loved it.

Just finished watching 'Nigel 'do all those interviews down the stables with a lot of great horsepeople.

He had a great old laugh with Gary Hall Snr the West aussie too.

was excellent work by 'Nigel.'  wonder if he is' he a media Man? or horseman?

gee that young Michael Purdon has been in a good paddock . Big lad, can see why not driving now lol......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gammalite said:

was excellent work by 'Nigel.'  wonder if he is' he a media Man? or horseman?

Owns Paint Lab a paint shop in Hornby Christchurch and puts a hell of a lot back in to the game - sponsors mobile barrier at Mehthven thru his syndicate Westview Racing - proviously had a model of buying going horses who could be improved and then selling them on - when he first went to the sales to buy yearlings I joined his syndicate and had some success - Spellbound would be the best

• Like 5