Bit Of A Yarn

Will Incentivise do a Vow and Declare? Lay him at your peril.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Must be a bugger @Joe Bloggs and @Gammalite having the Qland suffix?!!

hahaha yeah it's tough going Chief. beautiful one day , perfect the next.

Love Vow and Declare. did have a little win with a QLD Gympie school teacher being a part owner , instead of the Cup winner having to be a Billionaire Shiehk, Williams or bloodstock agent.

Only Aussie horse to win this century ??? tragic. Incentivise lengths better than him too for QLD. would be great to see him win.

10 wins on end deserves victory for trying so hard anyway for INCENTIVISE  !!  or 'Verry Elleegant' for Chief and Ruakaaka maiden glory would be just as good !!!!!  Quinella time?

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

10 wins on end deserves victory for trying so hard anyway for INCENTIVISE  !!  or 'Verry Elleegant' for Chief and Ruakaaka maiden glory would be just as good !!!!!  Quinella time?

She has drawn bad although no unheard if to won from there.  Prefer a bit more give in the track and I have a nagging feeling that she may be starting to think about the breeding barn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

She has drawn bad although no unheard if to won from there.  Prefer a bit more give in the track and I have a nagging feeling that she may be starting to think about the breeding barn.

VE gunna get back in the field anyway whatever the draw. Enormous run last year with several lengths made up in the straight. She deserves a big 'credit' to immortality, after all the group 1's already.

They thought wet track needed for Colette , but she 'burned ' them in the 'Empire Rose' last Sat. Maybe VE can get more traction on the firm and come at them late !!!! hope so. But the favourite from QLD deserves it too. one or the other would be FAB !! 

You may recall my comments regarding a first starter last Friday evening that was also nominated for Flemington today.

Here is the update from trainer Liam Howley about today's race.

https://essentials.ardex.com.au/Media/476/10075/a3727e7f-87b4-43cb-8d83-2616de9c2e38?utm_campaign=Sport Journal&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gammalite said:

VE gunna get back in the field anyway whatever the draw. Enormous run last year with several lengths made up in the straight. She deserves a big 'credit' to immortality, after all the group 1's already.

They thought wet track needed for Colette , but she 'burned ' them in the 'Empire Rose' last Sat. Maybe VE can get more traction on the firm and come at them late !!!! hope so. But the favourite from QLD deserves it too. one or the other would be FAB !! 

I stuck with her @Gammalite and picked the trifecta in 3.

• Champ Post 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I stuck with her @Gammalite and picked the trifecta in 3.

I'm just back from Eagle Farm (with a very happy missus after tipping her VE) and she did your Chief's trick and popped the 'Spanish ' visitor in for third !! $380 was the QLD tri divvie. so she was happy with that.

Very nice Quinella result for me , but blew the 'tri 'with Tralee Rose who went well with every hope in the run. 

Verry Elleegant run in Cox Plate (3rd) was super good (over-shadowed by the protest) and her run in the 'Cup' last year was Special.

As the missus says to me just now " About time we had locals Winning again "  Wahoo !!!!!  what a dream horse she is.!!

Good on ya Chief for sticking with her !!!!  (and no more bagging SuperMac 'Jmac' by you either, giving cheek lol.......)