Bit Of A Yarn

Old Topic on Industry Funding.

They probably are.

Another concern of mine, mentioned by CS, is the establishment of Racing NZ.    Meant to be part of the streamlining process outlined in the M report...but, I feel that is not one of his better ideas.

Now we'll have yet another 'tier' of management, salaried, and sucking more away from stakeholders.  Like NM said in another post,  I hope I am wrong here;  but as the saying goes, watch this space.

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, nomates said:

Good luck today Pam , i really like Magic Ivan and Celine today , so unfortunately going to wiegh them down a bit with my money on them .

Thanks, hope you're right,  it's been a dry argument for too bloody long!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freda said:

They probably are.

Another concern of mine, mentioned by CS, is the establishment of Racing NZ.    Meant to be part of the streamlining process outlined in the M report...but, I feel that is not one of his better ideas.

Now we'll have yet another 'tier' of management, salaried, and sucking more away from stakeholders.  Like NM said in another post,  I hope I am wrong here;  but as the saying goes, watch this space.

Add to that the new "Marketing" departments at each of the codes to fill the void left by TAB NZ moving that cost off their balance sheet onto the codes.

NZTR have already spent $2m on a new computer system!  Any stakeholders seen any benefits yet?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

NZTR have already spent $2m on a new computer system!  Any stakeholders seen any benefits yet?

Not good so far. Clicked the 3 line https emailed licence renewal link and it took me to the Loveracing homepage. The alternate renewal link below works but isn't live because of a full stop at the end. You'd think someone would check the functionality of these things before they send them out.

Edited by curious

45 minutes ago, curious said:

Worse, when I go to the link and enter my renewal and entity numbers I get this. 3 attempts. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-06-04 11.45.10.png

What URL does it take you to?   PM the link to me.

Seems to be a lack of user testing and a failed data transformation and import.  Assuming this is the new system.

Well done Pam , great win , and a great stake , only down side was i didn't see the drift coming and took a lot shorter than the 19s she ended at , bloody ridiculous going on track and heavy stats . Anyway have a great night , got to make the most of them .

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

On 4/06/2021 at 5:41 AM, Freda said:

They probably are.

More hands out to take the small pool of money. All having feed before... money runs out. Kind know, its stuffed.

• Sad 1

On 4/06/2021 at 10:16 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Add to that the new "Marketing" departments at each of the codes to fill the void left by TAB NZ moving that cost off their balance sheet onto the codes.

No they have not and key thing  that it gives away. In this very spin doctored Annual Report, highlight all success and talk away the bad things. Classic signs key businesses  and it drivers are screwed. Used by listed companies to explain away why management are failing at there goals and not increasing profit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/06/2021 at 11:40 AM, Chief Stipe said:

You're wasting your time @nomates@JJ Flash obviously can't read a balance sheet and relies on believing all the pimped up press releases from TAB NZ.

TAB NZ have to renegotiate their loans and appease their insolvency manager (the DIA) before any more money can be distributed.  That day of reckoning is 1 August however no doubt that will be deferred for some weeks as the "do the accounts"!

For the year to date, the Reported Profit is $147.2m, which is $37.5m above Budget. Normalised Profit is $145.4m, which is $35.7m above Budget. 

In May the Board also approved making a $10m payment against TAB NZ’s ASB debt facility, which was made this month.

• Chief Stipe changed the title to Old Topic on Industry Funding.