Bit Of A Yarn

Senz Radio,thoughts.

Ignore the typing error above, cant change it now, funny how they say you can watch , listen online etc etc as its free, not strictly true,.

Internet charges at home probably more than sky, then you have sky, maybe spark sport then your mobile phone charges, gee phone company's are raking it in, just think how much you could save if you didnt have all these hookups,  be able to take a large  easy first four or trifecta  bet on one of those maiden trots at Methven or Motukarara every meeting lol.

Edited by mikeynz

Listened to their sunday afternoon sports show, because I often do while out working, i think i heard one race from Rotorua and a couple from Oamaru, man these guys ain't up with it it seems but they did have a heap of add breaks mostly senz adds telling us about the new kids in town, way they are going wont last long I reckon.

11 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Listened to their sunday afternoon sports show, because I often do while out working, i think i heard one race from Rotorua and a couple from Oamaru, man these guys ain't up with it it seems but they did have a heap of add breaks mostly senz adds telling us about the new kids in town, way they are going wont last long I reckon.

They need Des Coppins to steady the ship. There was a format once on Radio Pacific combining racing with old gold songs. Seemed a winner.

This is my last post on this subject, senz is being driven by a fair bit of TAB influence so why are they running such a average radio coverage?

I think the good oil needs to be changed, they broadcast a race or two from oz but you just don't know what's on and what's not, there is no uniformity yet lots of aimless chat, tv is to entertain, radio more so to inform.

The punters club they run seems to me to be a con, people willy nelly spend heaps of someone else's money , strangely the return is usually nil,  coz it blows out in the last race, 

Sunday racing commentaries seem to be all over the place, the main races don't get broadcast yet you might get three low key harness races out of no where, then if it's a false start you don't get it at all, if the people at the TAB are happy with such a average service then maybe that sums things up nicely, I wonder what if any coverage will be on today, labour day, the TAB who are funding senz need to push for better coverage.

The strange irony as one poster said how they have moved on from radio coverage, I have in some ways too, listening habits change, the problem is though that once you change habits as in shutting down the radio setup it's often hard to re engage with the races on the radio now, especially if the coverage is so average, senz is actually a good sports setup, but the racing setup is below average commentary wise, they must have turned a lot of the old trackside listeners off who were hoping for something better, such is life, maybe it will get better maybe not.

Newstalk zb don't get to be number 1 station in nz with everything  online, If senz or the TAB want a number 1 radio coverage then waking up is a start. Gee even running the late quaddie is a starting point, even for  nz meetings only maybe on Sundays, holidays and maybe midweek for some meetings if you look at the pools they seem to attract the most interest, they are saying that turnovers are doing well, maybe , maybe not but by engaging more and more people across all media spectrums helps create more interest,and helps the radio stations viability, I'm not sure if they will last long, radio sport went belly up, the present audience is probably not much different,they do have lots of add breaks but unfortunately most of them are about senz this and senz that,  the present lot I don't think can organise a good shit racing wise, others may differ.

As I say I'm done with this thread, over and out.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1