Bit Of A Yarn

How long will we remain in Level Four in New Zealand?

4 minutes ago, curious said:

Are you saying those numbers would be the same with no lockdown?

Yes, the percentage is the point. Nomates misses the point. Just for the thick ones, we extrapolate the figure out by ten, and have 3470 cases, 190 in hospital, 10 in ICU, and no deaths, then the chances of having a bad outcome is pretty remote, or the percentage of falling very ill is low.

• Haha 1

God I am totally over this Covid19 deadly virus that kills no one semi healthy.

To be fair NZ has probably got what it deserves to be stuffed financially, as 50% voted this useless mob of non achievers back in after an abysmal first term.

I am going to go with the flow in the future as there is nothing Brodie can do about  it.

What I have learnt over the last 18 months or so is just how many non thinking sheep there actually is in NZ, and are so easily controlled.

There are going to be so many business owners financially ruined by the lockdown and this just can not continue.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nomates said:

I don't know about far too clever but they are saying they are going to have a meeting with the relevant parties , what the fuck are they talking about , they should have already had that meeting knowing there was a strong chance of this weekend not going ahead , had a provisional plan ready to release to the industry as soon as the decision was known .

This is not fucking rocket science but by god they try their best to make it seem so . They are so reactive hence the present state of the NZ industry , they always wait for the spiral down before they do something .

This one was easy to have ready but alas all too hard .

Reactive,....never pro-active,.....yep, that'll work.

All we get every day is these no.s of positives and no. Of tests when people are getting tested for no reason!

The increased no.s are very easily explained and yet Bloomfield doesnt say it!

The biggest cluster as we all know is the Samoan Church meet8ng for 6 hours where there were over 500 people attended.

The affected people wouldve gone

home and infected all their family members and we all know the Samoan family is always big no.s!

So it would not take many church attendees to increase no.s substantially so it is not that catchy!!!!!!

50 positives would become 250 very easily so  we have not got a big outbreak at all, so Bloomfield needs to be giving us these figures!!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Yes, the percentage is the point. Nomates misses the point. Just for the thick ones, we extrapolate the figure out by ten, and have 3470 cases, 190 in hospital, 10 in ICU, and no deaths, then the chances of having a bad outcome is pretty remote, or the percentage of falling very ill is low.

Wait. We have 26 deaths from a bit less than that many cases so far?

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

All we get every day is these no.s of positives and no. Of tests when people are getting tested for no reason!

The increased no.s are very easily explained and yet Bloomfield doesnt say it!

The biggest cluster as we all know is the Samoan Church meet8ng for 6 hours where there were over 500 people attended.

The affected people wouldve gone

home and infected all their family members and we all know the Samoan family is always big no.s!

So it would not take many church attendees to increase no.s substantially so it is not that catchy!!!!!!

50 positives would become 250 very easily so  we have not got a big outbreak at all, so Bloomfield needs to be giving us these figures!!!!           They will not give those figures because they want to terrorize the population to get jabbed.

The 26 deaths accorded to Covid19 was BS.

Half of them were from the Dimentia unit and geriatric and they werent even tested and just put down to Covid!!!!!!

They werent even treated, just made as comfortable as they could and left.

It is a wonder that there werent alot more  bearing in mind the no. That went to Burwood.

Clearly many recovered from the flu!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The 26 deaths accorded to Covid19 was BS.

Half of them were from the Dimentia unit and geriatric and they werent even tested and just put down to Covid!!!!!!

They werent even treated, just made as comfortable as they could and left.

It is a wonder that there werent alot more  bearing in mind the no. That went to Burwood.

Clearly many recovered from the flu!

I agree that is an issue. They are counting anyone that dies within 28 days of a +ve covid test as a covid related death when a number may have died anyway but you have to have some determining measure and I'm not sure what is a better one.

6 minutes ago, curious said:

I agree that is an issue. They are counting anyone that dies within 28 days of a +ve covid test as a covid related death when a number may have died anyway but you have to have some determining measure and I'm not sure what is a better one.

On the other side of the argument, Covid deaths may be significantly underestimated due to scarcity of testing and deaths may be attributed to other factors when Covid was the primary cause.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, curious said:

You think most of these cases were in the dementia unit?

image.thumb.png.9c4077f87cf50ffa4190f8782163cbf5.png

The majority of deaths were.  As was the fact that all had comorbidities.

Don't fall for the brainwashing that "Covid-19 cases are BAD".  99% of them aren't.

For those aged under 50 Covid-19 isn't as bad as influenza. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, curious said:

An autopsy would be a good start.  Also an assessment of how shortened was their life.

For example the dementia patients that died were in advanced stage dementia.  Reaching that stage your life expectancy is less than two years.  Most of us have seen the quality of life of those that are unfortunate enough to get to that stage.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, curious said:

On the other side of the argument, Covid deaths may be significantly underestimated due to scarcity of testing and deaths may be attributed to other factors when Covid was the primary cause.

Then a possibly accurate measure would be age adjusted mortality.  In Sweden over the course of 20 months it has been between 1 and 2%.  The average mortality age has not changed.  This outcome has been the case in many countries.  Are you suggesting that there are bodies hidden somewhere?

• Fake News! 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then a possibly accurate measure would be age adjusted mortality.  In Sweden over the course of 20 months it has been between 1 and 2%.  The average mortality age has not changed.  This outcome has been the case in many countries.  Are you suggesting that there are bodies hidden somewhere?

Totally disagree with that idea. Don't think any overall death rates, age adjusted or not, are a useful measure for the impact of Covid on death rates. Too many other factors conflated in that data.

22 minutes ago, curious said:

Totally disagree with that idea. Don't think any overall death rates, age adjusted or not, are a useful measure for the impact of Covid on death rates. Too many other factors conflated in that data.

And there is no other factors in the Covid stats?

14 deaths under the age of 19 out of 14,600 total all age deaths in Sweden.  All if those 14 had other prexisiting life threatening illnesses.

Most of those that have died in NZ would have died anyway regardless of with Covid-19.

There is a growing realisation that regardless of the measures being taken people will die of/with Covid-19.  How many is acceptable?

Meanwhile because the politicians and the risk adverse health bureaucrats don't want to be honest with the public we are wasting billions of dollars to save - how many?

When we know that those billions could have been spent to significantly improve health outcomes for ALL for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, curious said:

You think most of these cases were in the dementia unit?

image.thumb.png.9c4077f87cf50ffa4190f8782163cbf5.png

Which ones died?

I can not give you a breakdown of the suicides but I do know it is huge and across the board.

We are being ruled by a control freak out of her depth!

What expertise does Ardern have in the health sector ?

It is all about look at ME, up here on the podium blah blah blah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There has been some really good work done using age specific mortality data to assess infection rates and IFR due to Covid. However, that work is quite clear also that there are a number of complexities in the interpretation of excess death data that can inhibit their direct use in assessments of IFR (see e.g, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2918-0 ) Direct use of that sort of data is part of the disinformation band playing a tune that will somehow make a serious infectious disease go away.

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Which ones died?

I can not give you a breakdown of the suicides but I do know it is huge and across the board.

We are being ruled by a control freak out of her depth!

What expertise does Ardern have in the health sector ?

It is all about look at ME, up here on the podium blah blah blah.

She and cabinet are acting on advice from experts in the health sector. Don't know what you mean about suicides. Do you mean suicides from amongst Covid cases?

Edited by curious

3 minutes ago, curious said:

She and cabinet are acting on advice from experts in the health sector. Don't know what you mean about suicides. Do you mean suicides from amongst Covid cases?

No one has died from Delta virus in NZ as it is a weak virus and the effects of it are grossly overplayed!

The lockdown and peoples rights are having a far greater toll on death rstes than this virus will ever have.

Suicides due to Arderns actions is huge, you only have to speak to the people involved in MH,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nomates said:

As long as it's not me or mine .

Then lock them up in hazmat suits - don't go to the races - it's dangerous as a horse might jump the fence; don't go fishing - you drown in water; don't drink alcohol - it makes you fat and kills your liver; don't drive or travel on the roads - vehicles crash; don't have sex - exchanging body fluids exchanges lots of things.

Where do you want us to courier the food parcels to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1