Bit Of A Yarn

How long will we remain in Level Four in New Zealand?

South Island level four past Friday night like to Monday night most likely? if we have no positive cases. Since old Cindy likes power trip.

Auckland well going with week or couple weeks past next Tuesday, since old Jetpark Hotel nearly full.  Will be sperate level reductions for different parts of North Island?

Since we really need to be at level three for Racing, Is only NZ Racing going be in South Island for the next we while, if get to level three?

Not sure about lockdown ending but getting sick of the PR feelgood crap coming from JA on the podium every day! Why do we have to listen to the covid vaccination stats every day starting with now for some good news. Everyone knows NZ stuffed up with getting the country vaccinated early so no good trying to put a spin on it how we are doing so well now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Whyisit said:

Level 4 for a while yet  rumours Taranaki has some cases from the Auckland clusters.

Don't think there will be racing this weekend

Agree can't see racing happening for a week or so yet, any update from NZTR on what they are doing to try to get it going? Surely they are working on a plan to convince government like they have done in Aus. and not just waiting on the PMs bizarre announcements? Its looking very amateurish to say the least and why are the industry putting up with it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huey said:

Agree can't see racing happening for a week or so yet, any update from NZTR on what they are doing to try to get it going? Surely they are working on a plan to convince government like they have done in Aus. and not just waiting on the PMs bizarre announcements? Its looking very amateurish to say the least and why are the industry putting up with it?

I think going on locations of cases that they will keep Auckland and possibly Wellington stay level 4 and the rest of the country to level 3 , makes no sense that after 10 days they keep the rest of the country in full lockdown . 

As for the industry putting up with it , it's what they do , look after their own backyard and keep their heads down .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nomates said:

I think going on locations of cases that they will keep Auckland and possibly Wellington stay level 4 and the rest of the country to level 3 , makes no sense that after 10 days they keep the rest of the country in full lockdown . 

As for the industry putting up with it , it's what they do , look after their own backyard and keep their heads down .

Money on it keep them at level four for both at least couple weeks.

Notice magically we had Covid in shit in Christchurch, even if be from three MIQ hotels. Interesting day before learn if South Island if going to be at level four or level three. Say that is to keep doubt in peoples mind before keep South Island at level four for weekend. Since not want people drinking or being in groups for weekend. Keep Ardern polling number going down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is Know-all here ...LOL 

My guess is that the SI will go to Level 2 at 11.59 pm on Sunday night.

The NI [except Auckland or wherever the boundary is] will go to level 3 at 11.59 pm om Sunday night.

Auckland though will stay in Level 4 until at least Sunday 19 September at 11.59 pm. [How couldn't they given the severity of the outbreak up here/there?]

• Haha 1

Not for me, stay jab free, can't see the point when it doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on, may help you with symptoms, but everyone one different and some have underlying conditions of their own, who knows, maybe we should ask him, on another note, had a friend that accidentally swallowed some scrabble tiles,playing havoc with his vowels, and when he went to the toilet it spelt disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Here's a question, anyone here had the jab.

Not for me, I'm 71 but fit and healthy. I have weighed up all the pro's and cons and came to the conclusion natural immunity will be far superior in the long term. I hold the view that those at deaths door should be vaccinated if they want. Also those that are on the hit list that this virus effects the most, ie morbidly obese, or with other significant health issues. I will resist all attempts to coerce me into it. I am prepared to be locked in my home if that is what it will take.

I actually do not fear it at all, my preference being that I catch it this coming summer rather than next winter. Really the sooner the better for me, then I can move on with good immunity. As an aside, at present in this latest outbreak that is causing this lockdown we have about 300 cases, no deaths, about 15 in hospital, and none in intensive care. Do the maths.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

OMG! Here's me waiting for your Dear Leader to throw us some hope and she's gone and locked you all down.........at least we can go to the races here, 25 degrees, off to the sports shortly to see how The Blood goes in the Goldmarket......board shorts and t shirts so no members, bugger thats really tough......not really........gutted for you lot......Damn Dear Leader.

As expected level four for South Island untill  Tuesday at 11.59pm only day out! since Cindy dear is milking it. But all you gem less North islanders it also ends on Tuesday night. So will be some racing next week? . Good luck to Auckland and north island geting another two weeks of level four! https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300392411/covid19-live-nz-south-of-auckland-to-move-to-level-3-next-week-auckland-faces-longer-lockdown

7 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

OMG! Here's me waiting for your Dear Leader to throw us some hope and she's gone and locked you all down.........at least we can go to the races here, 25 degrees, off to the sports shortly to see how The Blood goes in the Goldmarket......board shorts and t shirts so no members, bugger thats really tough......not really........gutted for you lot......Damn Dear Leader.

It is insane.  No mention in the whole presser about the number of hospitalisations or deaths.  I wonder why?  Oh that's right because there haven't been any deaths from this cluster!!!

It will be interesting to hear the stories of those that have had Covid-19 not the social media "influencers" making money out of being "Long Covid'ers" but your average person who got Covid-19 and fully recovered.

• Like 2

So we're all staying in 4 , so what will the plan be for race meetings ? I personally think the simple plan to give all horses and owners opportunities that they xfer Te Rapa to Wed , Cambridge to Thurs and Hawera to Friday , and allow Asburton to go with what suits the locals , with trials at Otaki Thursday and Cambridge trials to Friday , that leaves next weekends meetings on Sat as per with probably moving the Sunday Ellerslie jump meeting to Te Aroha . Te Rapa on Wed allows those horses going forward to Hastings a chance to race and sufficient time to recover .

Will that happen or will they take a s softer option and save somestake money . As i have said many times this is about looking after industry participants and rewarding their patience . 

Nothing i have suggested above is in the too hard basket .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nomates said:

So we're all staying in 4 , so what will the plan be for race meetings ? I personally think the simple plan to give all horses and owners opportunities that they xfer Te Rapa to Wed , Cambridge to Thurs and Hawera to Friday , and allow Asburton to go with what suits the locals , with trials at Otaki Thursday and Cambridge trials to Friday , that leaves next weekends meetings on Sat as per with probably moving the Sunday Ellerslie jump meeting to Te Aroha . Te Rapa on Wed allows those horses going forward to Hastings a chance to race and sufficient time to recover .

Will that happen or will they take a s softer option and save somestake money . As i have said many times this is about looking after industry participants and rewarding their patience . 

Nothing i have suggested above is in the too hard basket .

Give yourself an uppercut, far too clever, you're letting the side down.....their side that is!

29 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Give yourself an uppercut, far too clever, you're letting the side down.....their side that is!

I don't know about far too clever but they are saying they are going to have a meeting with the relevant parties , what the fuck are they talking about , they should have already had that meeting knowing there was a strong chance of this weekend not going ahead , had a provisional plan ready to release to the industry as soon as the decision was known .

This is not fucking rocket science but by god they try their best to make it seem so . They are so reactive hence the present state of the NZ industry , they always wait for the spiral down before they do something .

This one was easy to have ready but alas all too hard .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

It is insane.  No mention in the whole presser about the number of hospitalisations or deaths.  I wonder why?  Oh that's right because there haven't been any deaths from this cluster!!!

It will be interesting to hear the stories of those that have had Covid-19 not the social media "influencers" making money out of being "Long Covid'ers" but your average person who got Covid-19 and fully recovered.

The report I read said that there are currently 19 community cases in hospital, including one in a stable condition in intensive care. Of those in hospital, two are in North Shore Hospital, eight are in Middlemore Hospital, and nine are in Auckland City Hospital. No deaths were reported.

That seems to me to be a remarkable result for the country, the strategy and the measures taken at what is hopefully the peak of the outbreak.

Edited by curious
  • Like 3