Bit Of A Yarn

$280k for Board Members

3 hours ago, Delta Bro said:

At the AGM of Auckland Thoroughbred Racing Inc on 29 Nov 2021.

Mr G Vazey will move the motion set out below.

Motion: That in accordance with Rule 24.6 a sum of $280k be approved to be paid to the Board annually as Directors’ fees.

Anyone seriously surprised? 

They surely care so much for NZracing they'd do it for free , like most other clubs in NZ surely?

5 hours ago, Freda said:

Just a silly question - the sum moved to be paid to the 'Board' - does that amount go to each and every member ? or is it divided amongst them all?

From the Amalgamation Date (ARC & CRC) to the conclusion of the 3rd Annual Meeting ... the Board will be ... two persons who are members of the Club (ARC?) and Board members immediately before Amalgamation ... two persons who are CRC members and members of the CRC Committee immediately before Amalgamation .. up to three persons who need not be Members and who are appointed by the Board members ... above.

$280k divides nicely by seven = $40k each p.a.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Delta Bro said:

From the Amalgamation Date (ARC & CRC) to the conclusion of the 3rd Annual Meeting ... the Board will be ... two persons who are members of the Club (ARC?) and Board members immediately before Amalgamation ... two persons who are CRC members and members of the CRC Committee immediately before Amalgamation .. up to three persons who need not be Members and who are appointed by the Board members ... above.

$280k divides nicely by seven = $40k each p.a.

Chairman gets alot more.

This extra gravy was introduced in the Guy Sargent era.

Racing has been so lucrative for many administrators...are the overseas junkets still rolling?-Ascot,The Arc,Japan Cup?....a long list of 'visionaries and luminaries'!!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Chairman gets alot more.

This extra gravy was introduced in the Guy Sargent era.

Racing has been so lucrative for many administrators...are the overseas junkets still rolling?-Ascot,The Arc,Japan Cup?....a long list of 'visionaries and luminaries'!!

You wont find many of them voting to reverse the spend up .

Please excuse, however I'm sure chief will find the correct thread for this. I've just read Ardern has found 940 million dollars per fortnight to help/assist AKL business's through the next wee bit.

I'm sorry I just can't take this in........NZ doesn't have the economy to find that kind of money, the lady must be printing money, it had to come, but she must be, unless it's a misprint in todays NZ Herald....can someone help me out, how on earth can you ever ever repay all these payments, your great grandchildren will be paying this off.......I know they found 75 million to bail out an insolvent racing business run by lunatics, but for Gods sake.

Ardern and Robinson just been printing more money. Came out of the extra 100 Billion first printed start of Covid last year. This current lot be out of the new budget spending bill they print around 42 billion more. Why got money! but hey who cares about inflation! suites people with houses and land. As what other profitability business opportunities are there?  unless you are on the Government tit.