Bit Of A Yarn

Bronson Munro

Guest CrossCodes

5 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Hey basil how about you tell Neil face to face what you would do if bronson was your son ad see how good you would go!

Er, Brodie asked me what I would think if Munro Jr were my child, and I told him. If Munro Sr were to ask me the same question, I would give him precisely the same answer. I assume his response would be considerably more mature than yours.

I hope that's clear enough.

Anyway, the wagons seem to be circling round this discussion, so I'll just make one final observation: trying to sweep bad news under the carpet inevitably ends in disaster. Sunlight is always the best disinfectant.

• Champ Post 1

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

Er, Brodie asked me what I would think if Munro Jr were my child, and I told him. If Munro Sr were to ask me the same question, I would give him precisely the same answer. I assume his response would be considerably more mature than yours.

I hope that's clear enough.

Anyway, the wagons seem to be circling round this discussion, so I'll just make one final observation: trying to sweep bad news under the carpet inevitably ends in disaster. Sunlight is always the best disinfectant.

basil how can it be bad news its nothing compared to that loud  mouth molloy encouraging people to swear on tv do you agree with that

2 minutes ago, wally said:

basil how can it be bad news its nothing compared to that loud  mouth molloy encouraging people to swear on tv do you agree with that

If I may, Basil has only stated his opinion on Bronson. An opinion I agree with. It is 'bad news' because it reflects on harness racing. Molloy is not part of this debate so not sure why Basil needs to comment on that. 

Wagons are indeed circling so I am out of this until the report comes out and some of us can finally hear the other side of the story. I presume the decision will see Bronson will be let off lighter than a dodgy cobalt reading?

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If I may, Basil has only stated his opinion on Bronson. An opinion I agree with. It is 'bad news' because it reflects on harness racing. Molloy is not part of this debate so not sure why Basil needs to comment on that. 

Wagons are indeed circling so I am out of this until the report comes out and some of us can finally hear the other side of the story. I presume the decision will see Bronson will be let off lighter than a dodgy cobalt reading?

not sure what your coming at happy but is bad news overall for the racing industry per se so i fell a comparison can be drawn

The full story won’t come out or others would hav3 been charged already.

It is a mountain out of  a molehill, what happened on the track!

Only reason there is a story is because of the previous racist slur from Bronson, making the media

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Why not? 

He is entitled to defend himself.

Yes he is entitled to defend himself but it will not look good for the harness industry if the full story comes out, and if it did then the media will have a field day.

Bronson will probably just take his medicine for the supposed crime of verbal otherwise he will not be popular with some.

It is a mountain out of a molehill but that is what the media can do and the person who leaked it to the journo should’ve kept it to themselves but there is a vendetta clearly, or why would you want to shit on a young junior driver?

12 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

I think the bigger issue is the carry on after they left the track ..... driving horses into each other and continued abuse (from both sides) as they entered the stabling area so I'm led to believe.

Somebody did post that on facebook, but since taken down. 

I heard similair

23 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sorry, Brodster. I can't follow.

I don't' know the whole story. 

either does he all he is doing is trying to sound like he is part of the in crowd and knows whats going on

resorting to lying for extra drama

Edited by Rangatira

37 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

either does he all he is doing is trying to sound like he is part of the in crowd and knows whats going on

Piss off Rangatira, you are a pillack  (sorry Chief)

This clown continues to say Brodie tells  lies, and when I ask him to tell us what lies, he says nothing!

He was the same on the other darkside site and he never puts up!

Not part of any “in crowd” but it is well known that Bronson was not the only one that wasn’t a saint (unlike yourself Rangatira) that night at Forbury.

I hope Bronson isn’t taking this shite too badly and can bounce back and drive plenty of winners!

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Sounds like you are the jealous one. It's been common knowledge what happened at forbury that night in harness racing circles. I have lost count the number of people who have asked if I had heard what happened. A couple of horsemen who witnessed the aftermath in the stables posted on Facebook there version of what they witnessed which has since been removed. So I will not be repeating what has been said.

i thing you should head back to the other channel and join your mate Sir Farts A lot. I notice in one of his recent posts he is a bit of a hypocrite . I have just included a message from him that has been sent to me by one of his mates. My apologies for his language.

1. Fartoomuch

Fartoomuch

Happy and that fuckwit Falgship are just full blown wankers. Notice Brodies had gone quiet for a while but now whinging again about RIU- so why not give him some stick, Good on Kotare and you for posting some common sense replies . Those 3 think they run and own the site the way they carry on

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

It is a mountain out of a molehill but that is what the media can do and the person who leaked it to the journo should’ve kept it to themselves but there is a vendetta clearly, or why would you want to shit on a young junior driver?

While the whole thing was an unsavoury incident it should have been kept in house and appeared in the stripes report with bronson accepting his fine or suspension and learning his lesson from this incident. Why someone would go to the media is beyond me. They must have a pretty big axe to grind and unfortunately for bronson he once again has to face trial by media. Let's face it if southbridge had won that final we wouldn't be talking about this now a bit like there wouldn't be a Samoan sevens player currently sitting in a San Fran jail if Wales hadn't beaten them!

• Like 1

The unfortunate thing is that Bronson has to face everyone in the racing industry, now that this journo printed it!

Hopefully he keeps his head up and faces it head on.

At the end of the day he should,d not be vilified in main stream media like a criminal.

What harm has he actually done to anyone.

I hope the journalists son that is also a journalist doesn’t do anything wrong, as it will be karma!

22 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Fartoomuch

Happy and that fuckwit Falgship are just full blown wankers

Thanks Fartoomuch.  I am sure you will be on here reading this. I don't respect you or what you say so water off a ducks back for me. 

Glad to be lumped in with flag. He's alright. Just like this site. You stay where you with your 'mates'  and things will be fine.

Good luck tipping those winners at forbury where only people who have no self respect bet. Even you will put self respect aside to try and save the harness section of RC. Personally. I love forbury. 

Just for the record, we didn't try to run the site we just gave opposing views to you and your buddies.  Maybe you are the one with control issues.

• Champ Post 2

56 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Thanks Fartoomuch.  I am sure you will be on here reading this. I don't respect you or what you say so water off a ducks back for me. 

Glad to be lumped in with flag. He's alright. Just like this site. You stay where you with your 'mates'  and things will be fine.

Good luck tipping those winners at forbury where only people who have no self respect bet. Even you will put self respect aside to try and save the harness section of RC. Personally. I love forbury. 

Just for the record, we didn't try to run the site we just gave opposing views to you and your buddies.  Maybe you are the one with control issues.

Happy, I am just a bit disappointed that they didn’t also call me a wxxxxr!

I think Farty is saying that we think that we run and own Bit Of A Yarn!

No, Farty we are just pleased that we can discuss and debate harness on a site that doesn’t have a total dickhead running it!

• Champ Post 2

Guest CrossCodes

I don't know why people just ignore whatever the hell they go on about over there, just let them stew in their own juices and forget about that site, they get off on baiting you and it works.

What annoys me the most about this whole situation with the story that appeared is that Martin vb, who is a very good journalist when he wants to be, has again gone off half-cocked with a story based purely on sensationalism. 

This is the same guy who only a year or so ago was telling us that police were about to make arrests on our two best drivers for race-fixing, he was certain that he had broken this huge scandal in harness racing and yet we were never to see any proof of it - other than the rubbish that came from the tip of his fingers and onto his keyboard. 

Bronson is no saint. He'll be the first to admit that to anyone who has asked. But he is a good kid. 

I had a bit to do with the rugby incident a few years back and there was a lot of questions raised around that entire case. Bronson was, in short, used as a scapegoat by the Canterbury Rugby Union to deter any future racial abusers. The entire hearing was a joke, with no one being able to actually 100 per cent confirm that anything was actually said, only the word of the player involved who had a similar incident thrown out at another rugby union when it was found to be untrue. 

Yet unfortunately for him, and I'll stick to my opinion that based on the proof I've seen of that particular incident and the conversations I had with people involved in that match, the no such racial slur was actually said, Bronson was thrown under the bus and dragged through the media mud for it as well. 

The mad has stuck too - and this most recent incident has of course given it a new shine. 

He'll learn from it, comments and abuse, in their many forms, happen at every race meeting in some sense from both males and females - my only hope is that the same journalist actually broadens his horizons and decides to tell the other side of the story as well. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 3