NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Peters and the Messara 'report'

Kopia

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

You're excited at the prospect kop...

Just a bit of anxiousness creeping in that makes you dislike Winnie even more

Knowing he's got the key to our future and you've got as much power over him as a Knats 'no f in idea' idea...

Keep da faith you doubting Thomarse

If you are relying on Winston to be the 'key to our future' you haven't got much of a future sunshine

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reading between the lines I suspect Winnie has fallen out with at least one of his major racing backers so that may be a reason why he is keeping us in suspence.  Just letting everyone know who is boss I would say.

Alternately he may be a slow reader.  He is slow at everything else(apart from accepting free tucker and drinks and claiming things that he is not entitled to) so that adds up.

Isn't Messara supposed to have done this job for nothing?  If so I see no reason why he should be silenced while we wait for the bewildered one to decide when he is going to release the report.

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

You're excited at the prospect kop...

Just a bit of anxiousness creeping in that makes you dislike Winnie even more

Knowing he's got the key to our future and you've got as much power over him as a Knats 'no f in idea' idea...

Keep da faith you doubting Thomarse

I don't dislike Winstone Peters Thoomarso....in fact he reminds me of a grandfather I had onceuponatime....he had dementia too, only time he made any sense at all was when he was allowed a hit at the Johnny W....then quickly reverted to type, dribbled, was paranoid, sometimes when his memory allowed him to he would bask in memories of the Great War....yep the more I think of it he was very similar to Winnie..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As Shayne Dye would say..

" he done an outstanding job while Cindy was been suckled on...yous just don't know it yet"

Too true blue

Steady eady at the helm and an outstanding FA Minister...

From da neddys mouth yesterday....

I'm in the process of reviewing the #MessaraReport and looking to make an announcement in the coming weeks. It's looking like the most critical report the #NZRacing industry has seen in decades.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

As Shayne Dye would say..

" he done an outstanding job while Cindy was been suckled on...yous just don't know it yet"

Too true blue

Steady eady at the helm and an outstanding FA Minister...

From da neddys mouth yesterday....

I'm in the process of reviewing the #MessaraReport and looking to make an announcement in the coming weeks. It's looking like the most critical report the #NZRacing industry has seen in decades.

Told ya he couldn't read very fast.  He has had the thing for weeks.  In horse speak it is time for the pet food factory for silly old Winston.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Thomass said:

It's called 'measured thinking while ringing up big heads like the Vella Fella and Sir Pat and running it by them'

just shows how stupid winnie is if he had to ring people to run it by them would you do that tommy

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

It's called 'measured thinking while ringing up big heads like the Vella Fella and Sir Pat and running it by them'

A pretty good chance that none of the above are Peters supporters any more and a real live chance that one of them is certainly not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sir Peter will tell him to wait until about October, daylight saving has started and  non-orgasmic August is not a month for bad news, so in October they'll be lusting about spring racing, Winx, any NZ hopefuls over there for the Cup and with the Guineas races at Riccarton in November looming  the bad news won't be taken to heart so much.

• Like 1

De Lore has another enlightening article this week with Vlandys....

This boy just keeps pulling out the big journalistic guns...no wonder he's going to be the Thoroughbred Media Award winner...

Meanwhile Slippery Slimon is more concerned about the real big issues...

like his leaks....and his big journey..."meeting Slimon"

The Racing Minister will be real concerned about the 'opposition' he's up against for sure 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thomass said:

De Lore has another enlightening article this week with Vlandys....

This boy just keeps pulling out the big journalistic guns...no wonder he's going to be the Thoroughbred Media Award winner...

Meanwhile Slippery Slimon is more concerned about the real big issues...

like his leaks....and his big journey..."meeting Slimon"

The Racing Minister will be real concerned about the 'opposition' he's up against for sure 

Whatever Winston might do for racing it will not save him and his mob from political oblivion.  And in fact if he does do something for racing it will likely reduce his 3% rating further.

Enjoy your limelight Winnie because that big light is actually on an electoral train coming to run you over (again!)

Difference between Winston and Simon is that (1) Simon leads a party with 45% poll ratings(despite his own inadequacies) (2)Simon was actually elected(giving Winston a couple of fearful hidings in the Tauranga electorate an election or two ago I might add) and(3)in two or so years time Simon will still be there and will still have his marbles and Winston will not.

From a racing perspective Simon and National are a disaster but from New Zealand's perspective(in terms of business confidence, competence and straight out common sense) that mob is the only hope we have got. 

Having said that I reckon the country thrived while there was no government for six weeks last year(while the confused one made his mind up) so another dose of impotence for ALL politicians would do them and more importantly the country no harm at all.

Oh moi gawd...I do wish Slippery Simple Slimon stays as 'leader'..

Hes the Knat's 'David Cunnilith'...

..alongside Cindy, on the hustings podiums, he's going to look like a complete fool..

...Poor chap's obviously got some intelligence being an ex Clown Prosecutor...

...but it's all about how one comes across in NZ politics...and he ain't got it

In terms of "business confidence and straight out common sense" the only thing that resembled that during 9 long tortuous years...was Sir Donkey making friends with Ritchie...

...all Donkey did was import a whole heap of Immigrants...fired up the housing market, so his voters got mega rich...which became the basis for the economy..

...and suddenly they've got all the new answers after 9 lonnnnggg years...

yea na

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

Oh moi gawd...I do wish Slippery Simple Slimon stays as 'leader'..

Hes the Knat's 'David Cunnilith'...

..alongside Cindy, on the hustings podiums, he's going to look like a complete fool..

...Poor chap's obviously got some intelligence being an ex Clown Prosecutor...

...but it's all about how one comes across in NZ politics...and he ain't got it

In terms of "business confidence and straight out common sense" the only thing that resembled that during 9 long tortuous years...was Sir Donkey making friends with Ritchie...

...all Donkey did was import a whole heap of Immigrants...fired up the housing market, so his voters got mega rich...which became the basis for the economy..

...and suddenly they've got all the new answers after 9 lonnnnggg years...

yea na

They(the Nats) are more popular than either of your two favourites(in fact probably more popular than the pair of them put together).  Your friend Jacinda got caught out the other day not even knowing the provisions of her own Industrial Relations Act for Gods sake!

Think you better get back to fantasizing about TV presenters and woman jockeys(and probably woman Prime Ministers for all we know) and leave the serious conversation about the future of the industry to those with a bit of common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reefton said:

and leave the serious conversation about the future of the industry to those with a bit of common sense.

'common sense' Good Sense trumps that every time!  anyway! NOTHING can save a Sunset Industry!

BTW, A Industry that has been ruled by Torie Twits forever.... 

38 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

NOTHING can save a Sunset Industry!

BTW, A Industry that has been ruled by Torie Twits forever.... 

I agree 100% in both cases.  The Nats never do or did anything to help racing but at least they do something to help the country not just drive the boot into the long suffering businessman in the belief that anyone who is in Business is making a dead set killing(much as  would like it to be true it unfortunately is not - we are not all Graeme Hart or Eric Watson).

I have a bad feeling NZ racing is rooted in any case.  NZers are simply not racing people 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Reefton said:

I have a bad feeling NZ racing is rooted in any case.  NZers are simply not racing people 

More are no longer racing people.

That's indicative of an industry that has remained tied into a crazy TAB only model, no outside forces influencing, zero advertising or promotion that big bookies would have bought in with them.

Many Kiwis are dumb punters (Thomass for instance) and prefer the lazy pokie, instant kiwi, lotto model to using some effort to find a winning race bet. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, barryb said:

More are no longer racing people.

That's indicative of an industry that has remained tied into a crazy TAB only model, no outside forces influencing, zero advertising or promotion that big bookies would have bought in with them.

Many Kiwis are dumb punters (Thomass for instance) and prefer the lazy pokie, instant kiwi, lotto model to using some effort to find a winning race bet. 

You're right about the excitement of Bookies Bazz...especially rails bookies..

...alongside the roses of HQ...

The trouble with you bogans though... is you've ignored the glitterati of the money set...

Aucklanders have been largely ignored by the country bogan set....

...we don't do chups and squirts I'm afraid...

Its Champers and short skirts here...

..meeting with new dalliances at the back of the Presidents room while the misses is getting sloshed with her blue rinse Bridge set...

...and being able to continue the dalliance cum training track morning at the Track...

...not 2 f in hours away in rush hour f in traffic...thanks Knats...

...thanks bogans...for nothing

On 14/08/2018 at 12:58 PM, Reefton said:

Isn't Messara supposed to have done this job for nothing?  If so I see no reason why he should be silenced while we wait for the bewildered one to decide when he is going to release the report.

Hiring consultants to conduct studies can be an excellent means of turning problems into gold, your problems into their gold.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 14/08/2018 at 4:28 PM, Reefton said:

Told ya he couldn't read very fast.  He has had the thing for weeks.  In horse speak it is time for the pet food factory for silly old Winston.

Is Winnie in Thommo's remedial reading class maybe? I'm not convinced that either will graduate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, curious said:

Hiring consultants to conduct studies can be an excellent means of turning problems into gold, your problems into their gold.

Ain't that the truth!  The National government had an economic development study done on the West Coast last year.  I have seen about fifteen of them in my time.   The major difference being that the first time the consultants rode up on a pushbike and now they roll up in a  Mercedes Benz.

• Like 1

Yous fellas are so darn NEGATIVE...

Here we have Winn the saviour...who listened to De Lore...

...acted upon it...then commissioned Messara...and you're complaining he hasn't released the thing to a bunch of flaming amateurs...

..who vote Knats as a matter of course...

..who did a f in good impression of sitting on their ass for 9 long years

next

• Champ Post 1

56 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Ain't that the truth!  The National government had an economic development study done on the West Coast last year.  I have seen about fifteen of them in my time.   The major difference being that the first time the consultants rode up on a pushbike and now they roll up in a  Mercedes Benz.

Judging by that leaked expenses report you might get Simon turning up in a Govt limo