Bit Of A Yarn

Mcinerney

Short Stuff

Guest CrossCodes

The surprising thing is that this hasn't happened before. 

I saw their trailer turn up to the races one day and noticed they had adapted it so the ample space that everyone else's trailers had had been halved so they could jam more dogs in.

I have also been told by people closer to the game than me, that they don't even stop and toliet their dogs from Invercargill and Forbury Park back to Darfield after a days racing? no wonder they could have died without being noticed something was wrong then if this is the case! 

They have done well to keep it this quiet for so long, not that 5 dogs would matter to  that kennel.

I hope their vehicles are thoroughly inspected to ensure the dogs have adequate space when travelling, and that they are made to stop and check on the wellbeing of the dogs when on long trips.

A sad affair all around, and once again the reputation of all trainers will be brought into question because of the lack of empathy and care by a mongrel like this.

15 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The surprising thing is that this hasn't happened before. 

I saw their trailer turn up to the races one day and noticed they had adapted it so the ample space that everyone else's trailers had had been halved so they could jam more dogs in.

I have also been told by people closer to the game than me, that they don't even stop and toliet their dogs from Invercargill and Forbury Park back to Darfield after a days racing? no wonder they could have died without being noticed something was wrong then if this is the case! 

They have done well to keep it this quiet for so long, not that 5 dogs would matter to  that kennel.

I hope their vehicles are thoroughly inspected to ensure the dogs have adequate space when travelling, and that they are made to stop and check on the wellbeing of the dogs when on long trips.

A sad affair all around, and once again the reputation of all trainers will be brought into question because of the lack of empathy and care by a mongrel like this.

Lets not forget the pit full of dogs they must have along with the other breeders such as wales, cole, walsh have had in the past

• Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I find amazing about this sport is it seems to be run by toothless tigers , Management and the current Board simply have no spine.

This is plain and simple bringing the industry into disrepute and that’s what the farmer should have been charged with.

Should have closed the kennel and taken his license off him

• Like 1

A $5K fine to a million dollar a year stakes winner means he will not be able to upsize his fast food meal next time he travels.

I believe the entire fine scheme should be looked at, with the dollar amount of a fine handed down calculated as a percentage of the previous 12 month stakes earnings.

That way a fine could be handed down that was actually a deterrent, not a token fine.

[Let's see how many "likes" this new thinking post receives]

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

A $5K fine to a million dollar a year stakes winner means he will not be able to upsize his fast food meal next time he travels.

I believe the entire fine scheme should be looked at, with the dollar amount of a fine handed down calculated as a percentage of the previous 12 month stakes earnings.

That way a fine could be handed down that was actually a deterrent, not a token fine.

We now know how much one dogs life is worth to the higher ups. 1k apparently

Edited by BitofaLegend

Let's put a $5K fine into context as a deterrent.

If a $5K fine was handed down to a trainer that generated $1,257,868 in stakes earning last season, the fine for the death of 5 dogs equates to the total of .4% of those stakes earned...

Completely hypothetically (absolutely no offence to the trainers used as examples that I have chosen for comparison), that would mean if the same thing had happened to ~

• D Schofield ($301,991 earned) the "deterrent" would equate to $1207.00
  • C J Weir ($146,922 earned) the "deterrent" would equate to $588.00
  • Lana Pearce ($47,883 earned) the "deterrent" would equate to $192.00

$5K to a millionaire is pocket change & nearly meaningless.

• Like 2

5k fine might not be much if that is what they got and rightly or wrongly I’m sure it would be paid but show a bit of comparison these people lost more that the money, for me I’m sure they can put the fine behind them. What will be the most saddening thing here is they lost there dogs im not sure if they were all there own or owners dogs but imagine the phone call if they were owned elsewhere, that would be sickening and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. The way you people say it is it was done on purpose surly if you think that way your not right in the head . They would have done that trip more than I’ve had Sunday roasts. A very sad thing to happen, people traveling now have been given a standard accident or not you will be fined even if you take ever precautions available. 

1 hour ago, Honestly said:

5k fine might not be much if that is what they got and rightly or wrongly I’m sure it would be paid but show a bit of comparison these people lost more that the money, for me I’m sure they can put the fine behind them. What will be the most saddening thing here is they lost there dogs im not sure if they were all there own or owners dogs but imagine the phone call if they were owned elsewhere, that would be sickening and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. The way you people say it is it was done on purpose surly if you think that way your not right in the head . They would have done that trip more than I’ve had Sunday roasts. A very sad thing to happen, people traveling now have been given a standard accident or not you will be fined even if you take ever precautions available. 

Are you serious,  this is a person who see’s himself as a farmer yes a greyhound farmer. His words out of his own mouth.

He portrays himself as a farmer where he has the right to do what farmers do, if dogs need to be culled then he will do it because that’s what farmers have the right to do.  Once again his words out of his own mouth.

As for feeling guilty about this situation, don’t make me laugh

• Champ Post 1

What makes me laugh is not your post but you . Not very smart are you . So what your saying is he has done this on purpose? Ok so he says and you say he is a farmer, I don’t have a problem with that I can call myself a police man but I know for a fact I’m not . I could say your very intelligent but I know your not . Because even a farmer wouldn’t like his stock to pass as we see in this case . Clearly you don’t like the guy another fact but if you could for a minute see past your tunnel vision you can see this affects every carrying greyhounds .

Guest CrossCodes
2 hours ago, Honestly said:

What makes me laugh is not your post but you . Not very smart are you . So what your saying is he has done this on purpose? Ok so he says and you say he is a farmer, I don’t have a problem with that I can call myself a police man but I know for a fact I’m not . I could say your very intelligent but I know your not . Because even a farmer wouldn’t like his stock to pass as we see in this case . Clearly you don’t like the guy another fact but if you could for a minute see past your tunnel vision you can see this affects every carrying greyhounds .

Please don't call other posters unintelligent when you cannot understand the difference between 'your' and 'you're', and 'affects' and 'effects'.

This guy wouldn't have blinked twice after hearing his dogs died, one less job for him to do later on.

And for 5 dogs to die on a single trip this wasn't just an unfortunate accident, it was clearly massive incompetence,a trainer I know heard the dogs were all barking muzzled and suffocated, how much truth there  is behind that I am not sure, but regardless the fine he got is just another case of a big name trainer getting a slap on the hand and carry on, business as usual.

On 30/08/2018 at 1:22 PM, Yankiwi said:

Interesting point, would you apply the same logic to someone on business who gets a speeding or traffic fine?

2 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Please don't call other posters unintelligent when you cannot understand the difference between 'your' and 'you're', and 'affects' and 'effects'.

This guy wouldn't have blinked twice after hearing his dogs died, one less job for him to do later on.

And for 5 dogs to die on a single trip this wasn't just an unfortunate accident, it was clearly massive incompetence,a trainer I know heard the dogs were all barking muzzled and suffocated, how much truth there  is behind that I am not sure, but regardless the fine he got is just another case of a big name trainer getting a slap on the hand and carry on, business as usual.

Oh my bad I will learn to spell if you promise to only post the truth not this shit you are writing what a plonker 

6 hours ago, Honestly said:

So what your saying is he has done this on purpose? 

TWO dogs from the very same trainer received a $2500 fine for being produced to race with Ketoprofen in their systems & they were alive the next day to race again. The JCA finding claims the incident was accidental.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-j-t-mcinerney-reserved-decision-on-penalty-dated-13-july-2017-chair-mr-r-g-mckenzie?searchterm=Wheelchair+Norm

So if FIVE dogs died horribly but accidentally, never to be raced again, a $5K fine handed down is an absolute farce.

• Champ Post 1

On 31/08/2018 at 8:59 AM, Honestly said:

So where did I say this was done on purpose, don’t be so pathetic.

No person in their right mind would purposely go to this extreme to rid themselves of five dogs.

There just a number to that kennel so to them it’s just a case move on and fill the kennel with more dogs.

Interesting thing about Mc Snr he once passed a comment he’s not fussed on the dogs it’s just a way of making money.

No your right Honestly I’m not that smart but I’m certainly not an idiot like your attempt and making a pretty good fist of it.

See everyone that I know that is involved in Greyhounds are in it for the love of the dog

its not a money thing that attracts participants.

There lyes the difference 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Arsenic said:

So where did I say this was done on purpose, don’t be so pathetic.

No person in their right mind would purposely go to this extreme to rid themselves of five dogs.

There just a number to that kennel so to them it’s just a case move on and fill the kennel with more dogs.

Interesting thing about Mc Snr he once passed a comment he’s not fussed on the dogs it’s just a way of making money.

No your right Honestly I’m not that smart but I’m certainly not an idiot like your attempt and making a pretty good fist of it.

See everyone that I know that is involved in Greyhounds are in it for the love of the dog

its not a money thing that attracts participants.

There lyes the difference 

What happened to your post regarding barking straps? So if he’s not fussed on the dogs why would he be in the game ? Another stupid comment made by yourself I’m thinking merv. You must remember he never started with as many dogs as he has now 

5 hours ago, Honestly said:

What happened to your post regarding barking straps? So if he’s not fussed on the dogs why would he be in the game ? Another stupid comment made by yourself I’m thinking merv. You must remember he never started with as many dogs as he has now 

I have never had a grudge against the Mcinerneys on a personal level, however, I have heard John Mac SR admit that he runs a greyhound 'farm'. Sort of says it all really...

Definition of farmer

1a person who pays a fixed sum for some privilege or source of income 
2a person who cultivates land or crops or raises animals (such as livestock or fish) 

What does it say ? Anyone who raises animals is a farmer are greyhounds livestock? Looks like we are all farmers even tho I’ve only got 1 litter and 5 race dogs .