Bit Of A Yarn

INCA Case Finally Dropped Against X, Y and Z

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

I think you better confirm to all of us that the Bruce Hutton you are talking about is not the harness trainer Bruce Hutton?

True Brodie.  The Bruce Hutton I refer to is not the Bruce Hutton that is currently licensed.  The Bruce Hutton I refer to passed away in 2013 and was a detective involved in the Crews murder case.  A royal commission into the conviction of Arthur Allan Thomas found that a shell case found at the scene of the murder which helped convict Mr Thomas had been planted. The police eventually accepted the findings the shell case was a plant but never admitted they had placed it at the scene, thought they didn't deny it either.

The late detective Bruce Hutton after his retirement did become involved in horse racing, breeding and I think training horses. I think I read somewhere that it was harness racing he was involved with but not certain on this.  Just to be clear once again, not the Mr Hutton currently licensed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, With A Dream said:

True Brodie.  The Bruce Hutton I refer to is not the Bruce Hutton that is currently licensed.  The Bruce Hutton I refer to passed away in 2013 and was a detective involved in the Crews murder case.  A royal commission into the conviction of Arthur Allan Thomas found that a shell case found at the scene of the murder which helped convict Mr Thomas had been planted. The police eventually accepted the findings the shell case was a plant but never admitted they had placed it at the scene, thought they didn't deny it either.

The late detective Bruce Hutton after his retirement did become involved in horse racing, breeding and I think training horses. I think I read somewhere that it was harness racing he was involved with but not certain on this.  Just to be clear once again, not the Mr Hutton currently licensed.

Wasn't a certain Mr McKenzie the junior in that case. Later  use do Northern Racing  for the Gallops ? 

12 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

who was the driver? horses name was?

Well you must be able to guess that one if you've been around harness racing. I'm not going to give a name.The previous race he drove another hot favorite,which took no part. Just before i went to give him the colours the owner of that horse went into the stall with the horse,its trainer and the driver and asked what happened. All he got was laughter while he repeared his question a couple of times. He walked back out,shaking his at and said to me its a waste of time if you want to get any sense out of them.It was at a time it was well known that drivers wives had a syndicate that struck some pick 6"s. Thats why i continue to say harness racing today is more honest than its ever been.And part of the reason is enforcement.

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Well you must be able to guess that one if you've been around harness racing. I'm not going to give a name.The previous race he drove another hot favorite,which took no part. Just before i went to give him the colours the owner of that horse went into the stall with the horse,its trainer and the driver and asked what happened. All he got was laughter while he repeared his question a couple of times. He walked back out,shaking his at and said to me its a waste of time if you want to get any sense out of them.It was at a time it was well known that drivers wives had a syndicate that struck some pick 6"s. Thats why i continue to say harness racing today is more honest than its ever been.And part of the reason is enforcement.

Bollocks.  Same old harness racing rumour mongering.

How many Pick 6's did these WAGS win?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

How many did the WAGS win?

Who knows. i also know of one small time trainer who was questioned as to what,if anything he knew,months after his horse had won. He knew nothing and was surprised he was part of an investigation.I just had a look at the video,and the 2nd horse should have won had its driver been serious about asking it for an effort in the straight. That was 20 years ago. Like i have said,that was then and prior,now's different.

But the point is you need proper and adequate enforcement to discourage even the thought of such activity. Where i think there is disagreement ,depending on what side of the argument you support,is what the definition of proper and adequate enforcement is,and who is the appropriate body to take such action.

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Who knows. i also know of one small time trainer who was questioned as to what,if anything he knew,months after his horse had won. He knew nothing and was surprised he was part of an investigation.I just had a look at the video,and the 2nd horse should have won had its driver been serious about asking it for an effort in the straight. That was 20 years ago. Like i have said,that was then and prior,now's different.

But the point is you need proper and adequate enforcement to discourage even the thought of such activity. Where i think there is disagreement ,depending on what side of the argument you support,is what the definition of proper and adequate enforcement is,and who is the appropriate body to take such action.

earlier post you were saying 25years ago now your saying 20years ago . sound like porkies 

5 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

earlier post you were saying 25years ago now your saying 20years ago . sound like porkies 

So you didn't get that i was talking about 2 different events?Obviously not.

We are going in a bit of a circle again around this topic.

Those who see things as you do sort of wear down those  expressing opposing views to the point you create an environment where the only ones happy to engage in discussion are those who agree with you. So it then all becomes an echo chamber,which then leads your supporters to think they are right and in the majority, which leads to them telling those they support that they are always in the right and are being persecuted.

Then that in reality leads to extreme pressure being placed on those who have to deal with authorities as they deal with a sense of injustice,real or not,and understandably that leads to some struggling to cope with that pressure.   All the while you make out you've got their backs,but its them under the pump. 

When real injustice is there,and it is sometimes,because you've helped create the them and us environment ,does it limit the chances either side will compromise or back down a little even if they recognise things aren't what they say or what they thought they were?

The question i think you  should give some thought is,no matter how well intentioned you are,have you helped or hindered those who you support? And do you sometimes deny things even if you think they are true?

Also ask yourself,which of us frustrates the other more when we get into topics like this? Who knows.I think both of us are pretty thick skinned anyway.

Edited by the galah
  • Bad Post 1

BOAY gives everyone an opportunity to express their point of view, whether you agree with it is not the point.

Chief runs a very good site which we should all be appreciative of.

It is great that we have differing opinions or it would be very boring like that other site, that banned their most intelligent posters!!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

BOAY gives everyone an opportunity to express their point of view, whether you agree with it is not the point.

It is great that we have differing opinions or it would be very boring like that other site, that banned their most intelligent posters!!!!

brodie and long owner on the money 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 10:30 PM, Brodie said:

I’m not banned from the other site Brodie

You’re mistaken

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

You're right less often than @Brodie

But unfortunately Brodie’s lunacy and irrational postings overshadow the odd time he’s correct

Its like lots and lots of monkeys, give them all typewriters, and after a while one of them will write a novel

However you keep riding to his rescue Chief and sucking up to him

You’re not really Brodie yourself are you?

Oh no, you’re Noodlum

28 minutes ago, Michael said:

But unfortunately Brodie’s lunacy and irrational postings overshadow the odd time he’s correct

Its like lots and lots of monkeys, give them all typewriters, and after a while one of them will write a novel

However you keep riding to his rescue Chief and sucking up to him

You’re not really Brodie yourself are you?

Oh no, you’re Noodlum

Amazing how many times you are actually wrong.

@Michael you are becoming nothing more than an irrelevant troll.

Cut the bitterness.

Yes I have a lot of time for @Brodie not that i know him that well other than through his posting on BOAY.

Where you and he differ is Brodie will start topics of interest and contribute his opinions even if some are repetitive.

Whereas you on the other hand are unhealthily fixated on attacking one poster.  Do you no longer have anything else to contribute?

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Cut the bitterness.

Yes I have a lot of time for @Brodie not that i know him that well other than through his posting on BOAY.

Where you and he differ is Brodie will start topics of interest and contribute his opinions even if some are repetitive.

Whereas you on the other hand are unhealthily fixated on attacking one poster.  Do you no longer have anything else to 

What have I been wrong about in, say, the last 3 months Noodlum?

At least I could figure out why the All Star’s 2yos weren’t in a 4y and older maiden

Unlike you I have met Brodie and away from a laptop he’s quite normal. 

Edited by Michael

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

What have I been wrong about in, say, the last 3 months Noodlum?

At least I could figure out why the All Star’s 2yos weren’t in a 4y and older maiden

Unlike you I have met Brodie and away from a laptop he’s quite normal. 

Jury is out on that one 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Cut the bitterness.

Whereas you on the other hand are unhealthily fixated on attacking one poster.  Do you no longer have anything else to contribute?

Chief, I dont read his postings as I blocked him!

Think Michael gets very bored as he probably thinks he isnt allowed to leave his home still!

You are correct, he needs to post something for discussion!

Bullies like Michael dont worry me too much, I just pity him!!