Bit Of A Yarn

The Winter Quiz of HARNESS RACING GREATS A-Z

3 minutes ago, Davis said:

Sir Castleton

Sure to feature in the quiz tomorrow . Was gunna do some Super S trotters then.

Bet you remember his sensational little Aussie opponent Davis. She might be about tomorrow as well lol....About Sir Castletons size, and they nearly quinellaed 3 trotting Interdominion Grand Finals. Had a great bit of rivalry. 

download.jpg.63c67f95059fc8e0d44a5d02a8439dbb.jpg

• Champ Post 1

Spot on TW.  You have cleaned up the 3 Aussies who had great records in Oz and missed in NZ. 

see you tomorrow for some great trotters.

On the 'S' theme , the great kiwi SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS should be winning tonight at Albion tonight against all those ex-pat kiwi's in the Mr Feelgood Open.

and my Best at Caulfield racing soon. SIGH in race 6. Mood's is unearthing another Sprint star seemingly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Spot on TW.  You have cleaned up the 3 Aussies who had great records in Oz and missed in NZ. 

see you tomorrow for some great trotters.

On the 'S' theme , the great kiwi SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS should be winning tonight at Albion tonight against all those ex-pat kiwi's in the Mr Feelgood Open.

and my Best at Caulfield racing soon. SIGH in race 6. Mood's is unearthing another Sprint star seemingly. 

Cant wait Gamma ...one of my all time greatest trotters was an S ..wonder if he comes up was bracketed with another super trotter in the late 60's

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Sure to feature in the quiz tomorrow . Was gunna do some Super S trotters then.

Bet you remember his sensational little Aussie opponent Davis. She might be about tomorrow as well lol....About Sir Castletons size, and they nearly quinellaed 3 trotting Interdominion Grand Finals. Had a great bit of rivalry. 

Thanks mate, look forward to it. So many good trotters I've seen. Sir Castleton unforgettable speed that horse, won so many races. Don't forget Sundon mate... probably the best of them all, racehorse and sire of top quality.

Geez master trainer Fred Fletcher has had great horses. His best trotter these days Royal Pride bolted in last night at Addington. One to follow next season mate. Fred hasn't got him sorted yet, when he does.... wham!!

• Like 1

Some great 'S' for Supreme Squaregaiters on this Sunny Sunday quiz.

Who can think of any of these from the clue..

Q1/ horse Number one under the Sun is indeed the best there is under the Sun at the moment. A fine son indeed.

Q2/ This great trotter admired by many it seems , and made a great impact breeding as well from Roydon Lodge.

Q3/ A trotter who just like the Aussie great Maori's Idol,  was that good he took on the Pacer's on occasion.

Q4/ This old boy was a great in the south island , then a great in the north island afterwards and along the way won 10 out of 20 Australian starts too. finished his career trying to come off 75m his last 2 starts back in SI again.

Q5/ A rocket of a mare, that Wolfie often drove for an owner trainer who won the Rowe by many lengths in the slop one year.

Q6/ The real pocket rocket who thrilled crowds with his sharp excelleration and went toe to toe with an Aussie Interdominion Hall of fame mare on more than one occasion.

Q7/ This guy a double S named horse, with his neck stuck out straight as he did , won a great Southern Star for NZ 

and Some Aussie to of given it a shake in the shaky isles ......

Q8/ Graeme Lang a supreme trainer of trotters brought over the best one for the Aucklanders to admire. And didn't she just play with them ..

Q9/ Like the Q8 horseabove , this bloke an Interdominion Trotting Hall of Famer !! along with Pride of Petite and Take A Moment. even though NZ bred , he was trained out of Aus to stop the kiwi Inter domination.

Q10/ a tricky finishing one, this mare was looking for glory in NZ , but a Richard Brosnan masterclass on his great trotter,  meant she was destined to only run a place at Addington.

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

22 hours ago, greyhound said:

Cant wait Gamma ...one of my all time greatest trotters was an S ..wonder if he comes up was bracketed with another super trotter in the late 60's

A quiz horse for me maybe ? . I'll have to go Single Cash for Wolfie in that case ? ....and am trying to think of another great Wolfendon horse if 'bracketed'. Charlie Hunter had some nice ones at that stage too.

13 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

A quiz horse for me maybe ? . I'll have to go Single Cash for Wolfie in that case ? ....and am trying to think of another great Wolfendon horse if 'bracketed'. Charlie Hunter had some nice ones at that stage too.

Close raced again these two

Stylish Major .. won an interdominion and was bracketed with Le chant who made a name for herself in the US

• Like 1