Bit Of A Yarn

Horses neglect??

Honestjohn

16 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I take with a grain of sand anything stuff have to say. From past experience, you can assume the opposite to be the truth. It will come out with the wash whether this is all about activists or animal neglect, I suspect the former.

We always went there cup week.  And I always took notice of the horses  just because I do.  I've never seen any "skinny " horses at any time. I hope it's not true. For everyones sake. 

Hj

Email received from HRNZ late May 2022 - related perhaps?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The SPCA has contacted HRNZ as they are looking to find good foster homes for Standardbred horses to be cared for while they are rehabilitating.

Currently the SPCA have 11 standardbreds of varying ages that require fostering for a number of months, these horses would ideally go in two groups but can be split into smaller groups if needed.

HRNZ will pay for the hay and hard feed. The SPCA will cover the costs of farrier, worming, vet and a rug.

If you are interested in helping foster for the SPCA and have your own place that is horse safe and have time to look after these horses please get in touch with me.

Regards
Natalie Gameson

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And another from early June 2022 - clearly related

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

On behalf of Murray Boyd- 7 Unbroken 2YO’s available to giveaway.

These horses are located in Kaikoura and to minimise the cost of taking over any of these horses HRNZ have agreed to waiver the transfer and registration fee on all of these horses.

Name                    Brand                    Identity

Unregistered     191302                 2019 2 B f Bettors Creek-Donegal Glenties

Unregistered     190571                 2019 2 Br c He's Watching-Donegal Ideal Chokin

Unregistered     190676                 2019 2 Br f He's Watching-Unregistered

Unregistered     191303                 2019 2 Br f Bettors Creek-Donegal Lucy Anne

Unregistered     191297                 2019 2 B f He's Watching-Donegal Delight

Unregistered     191304                 2019 2 B f Bettors Creek-Donegal Lucys Chokin

Unregistered     191300                 2019 2 Br c Bettors Creek-Donegal Lucy

If you are interested please respond directly to this email for more information.

Kind Regards

Georgie Bolton
Education & Training Co-Ordinator | Harness Racing NZ

4 hours ago, aquaman said:

I take with a grain of sand anything stuff have to say. From past experience, you can assume the opposite to be the truth. It will come out with the wash whether this is all about activists or animal neglect, I suspect the former.

I also take with a grain of salt anything around issues like this,but given the official actions and procedures taken,maybe there was reason for concern.No one can say just how serious anything like this really is without knowing all the facts and circumstances.

We all know animal welfare is a serious issue. I think its a good thing that officials have been upfront and named the property concerned. 

Had they not named the property concerned, there would have been much speculation and people with no connection would have unnecessarily been blamed for something they had not done.

Also,like it or not,people with ulterior motives can sometimes involve authorities without cause,just to further their own agenda.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2