Bit Of A Yarn

Purdons Tonight?

Newmarket

54 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, as expected most of their nags have performed well below expectations so far tonight. In fact some of them have turned in shockers. Don’t bet until the moneys up and the spinning starts.

They are pretty  much  following the same pattern as last year. They are still going great,always do,but just they don't have the run forever look about them yet. Last year every horse improved significantly on cup day.

My wives theory is because they haven't been primed to go just yet,they are subject to feeling the effects of a hard run like every other horse,especially early in their preparations.. I like that theory as it makes sense to me,but everyone will have there own thoughts.

2 minutes ago, the galah said:

They are pretty  much  following the same pattern as last year. They are still going great,always do,but just they don't have the run forever look about them yet. Last year every horse improved significantly on cup day.

My wives theory is because they haven't been primed to go just yet,they are subject to feeling the effects of a hard run like every other horse,especially early in their preparations.. I like that theory as it makes sense to me,but everyone will have there own thoughts.

Don't be sucked in by Newmarket never ending bagging the best tall poppy. tiresome.

Plenty of GALLOPERS resuming have 'fitness' runs on their way to their main mission like a Cup or Oaks or Derby. Mostly don't win first up . (or even 2nd up for that matter) Why are Allstars at fault ? same deal. Mark has awesome record over decades . just foolish to not respect achievements.

19 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well as expected Mark has won 2 races already. Who has done better ? Not you...

Seems you don't think someone who is a punter is able to give an opinion.

If you think they are "primed" to go then you aren't watching the same races i am. Personally i have backed just the 2 all star runners tonight,the 2 that have won.Still what type of judge am i.

You may not want to see it with your all star eye patch on,but horses that are primed to go,are able to handle hard runs better than when they are not.Just an observation that makes sense.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Don't be sucked in by Newmarket never ending bagging the best tall poppy. tiresome.

Plenty of GALLOPERS resuming have 'fitness' runs on their way to their main mission like a Cup or Oaks or Derby. Mostly don't win first up . (or even 2nd up for that matter) Why are Allstars at fault ? same deal. Mark has awesome record over decades . just foolish to not respect achievements.

This reply has no connection to what i have said.  

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

If you think they are "primed" to go then you aren't watching the same races i am

They are doing fine. (allstars) Spankem and Self Assured a Very strong chance of running the Cup quinella.  BD JOE got the chochalates tonight (and didn't die either) but the Cup might be too big a Plum to take ??

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

You may not want to see it with your all star eye patch on,but horses that are primed to go,are able to handle hard runs better than when they are not.Just an observation that makes sense.

I think you are a 'reasonable' judge lol. Newmarket not. How can you possibly bag the best stable NZ has ever seen. Would be like bagging the Allblacks in rugby. Anyway , take it how you feel ....

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

They are doing fine. (allstars) Spankem and Self Assured a Very strong chance of running the Cup quinella.  BD JOE got the chochalates tonight (and didn't die either) but the Cup might be too big a Plum to take ??

I think you are a 'reasonable' judge lol. Newmarket not. How can you possibly bag the best stable NZ has ever seen. Would be like bagging the Allblacks in rugby. Anyway , take it how you feel ....

What a load of shit. Take ya hand off it and listen. I AM NOT BAGGING THE PURDON STABLE. 

I am telling you that when the money is not up, they under perform, simple as that, if you have a single brain you will agree. Put the bottle away mate, it’s not doing you any good, your a disgrace to even call yourself Gammalite, poor horse

• Bad Post 1

1 minute ago, paleface adios said:

wow has your daylight savings effected the Allstars horses or have they got a virus or the derided shipping delays  of Covid going very average  would they keep up racing at Hobart should some of there horse go to leading trainer BEN Yole

At last somebody telling it how it is. 

• Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I gave a reason why i thought the all stars horses were not performing at their peak at this time of year..

I said "they are still going great,they always do".

Again i would say to you,your making comments about something i have never said.

What others say is up them. I give my own thoughts.

Edited by the galah

Probably the worst thread i've ever read. not only personally insulted. But insults to the best stable NZ has ever had. You guys don't even Appreciate your champions .

deserve what you get. Mark and Nat and Hayden prepare plenty of winners for you guys , including the last 8 Sires Stakes , heaps odf Nz Cups  and Auckland Cups going the other way round , but I still have to read Criticism . do it better then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Probably the worst thread i've ever read. not only personally insulted. But insults to the best stable NZ has ever had. You guys don't even Appreciate your champions .

deserve what you get. Mark and Nat and Hayden prepare plenty of winners for you guys , including the last 8 Sires Stakes , heaps odf Nz Cups  and Auckland Cups going the other way round , but I still have to read Criticism . do it better then ?

My last comment would be anyone can read into anyones comments on here what they want.That is what you have done. Thats up to you. I would say to you when replying to me to just stick to commenting on what i actually said. 

Paleface adios is obviously just taking the piss.Thats up to him.

Edited by the galah

15 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

wow has your daylight savings effected the Allstars horses or have they got a virus or the derided shipping delays  of Covid going very average  would they keep up racing at Hobart should some of there horse go to leading trainer BEN Yole

Com'on Paleface . don't you go down the drain as well. Colin might of died recently but don't get to dejected.  just leave it to Queensland to send the rejects to Yole. NZ horses deserve bettor than that. 

Which ones would you send to Yole ? none I would think.?

6 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Com'on Paleface . don't you go down the drain as well. Colin might of died recently but don't get to dejected.  just leave it to Queensland to send the rejects to Yole. NZ horses deserve bettor than that. 

Which ones would you send to Yole ? none I would think.?

You know hes taking the mickey gammalite. Maybe we are better changing the subject and talking about how many winners the all stars will get on cup day.I would guess at least 5 given the  really nice team they have. We will all be nodding in agreement come cup day on how great they are at training and driving .We all know how good they are,we all admire them,just  that wasn't the original topic.

So by the end of the night the all stars had 8 very well backed favorites. Of the favorites,one of the eight won,although they did get a second win with a second favorite,who just got up to beat a roughie after getting the trail.

The final event probably summed up the confidence the stable had in their runners ablility to do any work,with the favorite final collect sitting last for the last round,no attempt being made to move at any stage,and it battled on ok late.

So while newmarket made his call early,the results show he was pretty accurate in the end.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, the galah said:

So by the end of the night the all stars had 8 very well backed favorites. Of the favorites,one of the eight won,although they did get a second win with a second favorite,who just got up to beat a roughie after getting the trail.

The final event probably summed up the confidence the stable had in their runners ablility to do any work,with the favorite final collect sitting last for the last round,no attempt being made to move at any stage,and it battled on ok late.

So while newmarket made his call early,the results show he was pretty accurate in the end.

TAB be rolling in it . bookie boadster making a killing tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

What a load of shit. Take ya hand off it and listen. I AM NOT BAGGING THE PURDON STABLE. 

I am telling you that when the money is not up, they under perform, simple as that, if you have a single brain you will agree. Put the bottle away mate, it’s not doing you any good, your a disgrace to even call yourself Gammalite, poor horse

You post rubbish like this worrying about my 'bottle' and 'where my hand is' and then i'm the disgrace?????? good grief. 

Embarassing that Chief let's you post stuff like this? , degrading his posters . I've posted 2000 items supporting Nz harness , you with just over 2000 degrading and derogatory comments. 

Only got to look at this rubbish you just posted above, against someone you don't even know , to see the value of your comments. zilch zero nada any good for harness racing or this site.

Dunn's are a pretty good NZ stable . They won one race from 12 starters tonight. Is that under-performing?  . All stars won 2 races . twice as good?  A very good night out.  MOST STABLES DELIGHTED TO WIN 2 RACES in one evening. Not on this thread though. How many Hopes and Jones and Williamsons win tonight ? mmmmm........... ? better call Saul.

8 hours ago, Gammalite said:

You post rubbish like this worrying about my 'bottle' and 'where my hand is' and then i'm the disgrace?????? good grief. 

Embarassing that Chief let's you post stuff like this? , degrading his posters . I've posted 2000 items supporting Nz harness , you with just over 2000 degrading and derogatory comments. 

Only got to look at this rubbish you just posted above, against someone you don't even know , to see the value of your comments. zilch zero nada any good for harness racing or this site.

Dunn's are a pretty good NZ stable . They won one race from 12 starters tonight. Is that under-performing?  . All stars won 2 races . twice as good?  A very good night out.  MOST STABLES DELIGHTED TO WIN 2 RACES in one evening. Not on this thread though. How many Hopes and Jones and Williamsons win tonight ? mmmmm........... ? better call Saul.

Anyone reading that post from newmarket would agree with you that it was over the top and not his best work. I'm sure he knows that as well.

I guess he got over frustrated and felt you were ignoring the point he was trying to make.

Maybe the best way to put it is to ask yourself...

1)why  were so many of the all stars horses so heavily backed?.

2) did their performances meet those expectations

And the answer is they were so heavily backed because of their previous raceday performances and the ability they had shown.

Those that set the odds at the tab,and punters as well,know how to assess form. They aren't stupid.Thats the whole thing about punting isn't it,assessing the form.

So when you ask above if the all stars underperformed last night,i would say yes,and it was pretty obvious they did.When you see a large team of horses nearly all perform below the level seen previously its just logical to ask why? 

I think  newmarket assessment of the all stars was accurate,and while he made an early call,what he said happened. And like nearly everyone i know,thinks we will see the all stars performances increase significantly on cup day and the bigger stake days.And the reason for that prediction is because thats what happened in recent years.

Its not... Insulting,bagging,tall poppy syndrome,disrespectful,ignoring past achievements,you do better...Your words on this thread about about those who have posted opinions.I don't have a problem with you saying that,just don't agree

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Anyone reading that post from newmarket would agree with you that it was over the top and not his best work. I'm sure he knows that as well.

I guess he got over frustrated and felt you were ignoring the point he was trying to make.

Maybe the best way to put it is to ask yourself...

1)why  were so many of the all stars horses so heavily backed?.

2) did their performances meet those expectations

And the answer is they were so heavily backed because of their previous raceday performances and the ability they had shown.

Those that set the odds at the tab,and punters as well,know how to assess form. They aren't stupid.Thats the whole thing about punting isn't it,assessing the form.

So when you ask above if the all stars underperformed last night,i would say yes,and it was pretty obvious they did.When you see a large team of horses nearly all perform below the level seen previously its just logical to ask why? 

I think  newmarket assessment of the all stars was accurate,and while he made an early call,what he said happened. And like nearly everyone i know,thinks we will see the all stars performances increase significantly on cup day and the bigger stake days.And the reason for that prediction is because thats what happened in recent years.

Its not... Insulting,bagging,tall poppy syndrome,disrespectful,ignoring past achievements,you do better...Your words on this thread about about those who have posted opinions.I don't have a problem with you saying that,just don't agree

Nice post Galah, you got my points down pat, and yes I was a bit harsh on you Gammalite so I take some of comments back, and no I wasn’t drinking when I posted 🤭

I don’t knock the Purdon stable, their record over the years have been amazing, but I am puzzled by some aspects of the harness game. The blood spinning thing, I assume it is still being used? If so, is it fair that it is being used at certain times, especially when the big bucks are up, I didn’t have a bet last night on any Purdon runners, but some punters would have got burnt bigtime. 
Come cup time, these nags will be sitting 3 wide, surging to the lead easily, yet last night several well performed nags were beaten with 400m to go. 

Great to see Ben Butcher drive aggressively on BD Joe, won him the race, while the fav went very well sitting parked. Need more of this type of driving, 

• Like 2

yes Mr Galah.. i used poor phrases through this thread. a bit regretful yes in the light of a new day. Post what you like whether disparaging or not. I'm still getting over the Telfer Barn stuff.

( IThink their (Telfer barn) preparation and training techniques,  of horses like Alta Wiseguy and BD JOE and others, has 'caught up' over the past year to Allstars which makes them look 'under-performing ' to you guys, when they're not. should be applauded? not lampooned IMO.

Considering the massive input for the Purdons to New Zealand harness racing and over-reacted. MILLWOOD NIKE has been in sensational form... so does that mean 'the money is on' ? or she is 'getting spun' ? as the lead of this thread indicates. It just seems so unfair to their reputation?.

Personally, I hope fellow Purdons >> Nathan in the Vic Oaks heats tonight with AMORE VITA, and >> Barry Purdon in the Vic Derby heats with MAJOR PERRY are 'putting the money' on or 'spinning and winning' or whatever it is you guys think they do. will be some great racing anyway !! against the mighty Emma Stewart machine. Go LEAP OF FAME !!😊  for Qld 🌞! lol.  can't wait.