Bit Of A Yarn

Dishonest conniving Trackside

aquaman

Before I start I would like to say, I love my dogs, but I am being sickened by watching dogs seriously breaking down. As if thats not bad enough, we are subjected to Trackside sanitizing any incident like the viewers are morons. They Trackside have obviously taken a leaf out of the NZ Greyhound Ass and RIB handbook on how to deceive the viewing public, by burying anything that may portray them in bad light. The RIB until recently use to omit dogs that were euthanized in their stipe reports simply by just stating, dog referred to Vet end of story. They are all complicit in being dishonest and misleading to all concerned. This is the behavior that will ultimately bring them undone. My view is, just be ficken honest and do not treat your viewers like imbeciles.

• Champ Post 2

Today the top greyhound stipe charged the #4 dog in this race for failing to pursue instead of marring.

Expect the trainer in the next couple of days to get it overturned because of an injury that doesn't exist.

There you have it.

Corruption and/or collusion prediction before it happens.

21 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Today the top greyhound stipe charged the #4 dog in this race for failing to pursue instead of marring.

Expect the trainer in the next couple of days to get it overturned because of an injury that doesn't exist.

There you have it.

Corruption and/or collusion prediction before it happens.

Marring/ Failing who really cares. Both same result, 28 days. Unless there’s 100 proof of muzzle contact they get failing instead or marring. 
Pretty sure the trainer won’t be getting it overturned as dog is already in spelling paddock. 

1 hour ago, Goldstar said:

Marring/ Failing who really cares. Both same result, 28 days. Unless there’s 100 proof of muzzle contact they get failing instead or marring. 
Pretty sure the trainer won’t be getting it overturned as dog is already in spelling paddock. 

Muzzle contact not a requirement.

"Mar or Marring means the action of a Greyhound in voluntarily turning the head so as to make head or muzzle contact with another Greyhound."

15 hours ago, Goldstar said:

It needs GAP, not the spelling paddock, just my observation.

18 hours ago, Goldstar said:

Thanks for you input. I’ll take it onboard 

Top marks Steve for answering us keyboard warriors. It is refreshing to get the trainers perspective. The dog in question obviously has stacks of speed as it displayed in making up a ton of ground before losing interest and taking the leading dog out. All trainers get dogs like this and its heartbreaking knowing they could be anything, but alas, unless their heart is in it, all the ability in the world is not going to win races. In days gone by, trainers would use methods that are unacceptable in todays world to straighten them out, and even this failed most of the time.  Your team is going so well, and the Goldstars have really come of age in the last couple of seasons, especially in stamina events. I use to say, the last dog you want on your back is a Cleeve runner, you can now add a Goldstar. But back to the topic, and my personal view is, nonies or fighters denigrate the reputation of the kennel or breeder in the long term, and time is better spent concentrating on those that have their heart in the right place, hence the GAP comment.  PS, I saw the race, but had no bet in it. Cheers.

• Like 2

More dishonesty, this time straight from a GRNZ board.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/14667/135230/result-detail.aspx

1 Sept 2021 - Race #1 - "Gitan" received its 2nd marring charge in its 2nd race in NZ. Connections claim the bitch would be retired.

GITAN (3) - eased and shifted up the track rounding the final bend dictating CLAWS IN MARVEL wide. Checked off this runners heels prior to exiting the bend. Marred this runner in the run home. Stood down for 3 months for Marring and pending a satisfactory trial. Connections advised the bitch would be retired.

Well that didn't happen.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=34572

image.png.3996dd0fa0671ebd290b52e799ad55cd.png

Why hasn't the RIB charged the ""Connections" with a dishonest act?

image.png.2f14ea97bff6618b7b974628da44da59.png

And this same bitch, which was supposed to be retired, won another one yesterday.

image.png.18959976bdfacbc85687beda8fafe9a7.png

If it wasn't from a well-protected GRNZ Board member's kennels, I doubt this would have been allowed to happen.

If this had come from one of the kennels that always seem to get targeted by the RIU/RIB, this would not be happening.

It is dishonest to state a dog will be retired after being charged for the second time (its first two NZ races) and then not do so.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't that dog race just run a terrible advertisement for the game. Lure breaks down,the dog Marcus,who i put $5 on for an interest,seemingly breaking a leg and yelping constantly in pain as it had no option but to jump the rail as it went inside dogs pulling up in front of it,the 3 dog also being forced to straddle the rail as well .

Commentator mark rosanowski,stating he hoped all dogs are ok. Well very obvious not to anyone watching. I normally watch the dogs,but hard for anyone to watch that type of stuff and think its just part of dog racing. Maybe its time for the change to straight track racing.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:23 PM, the galah said:

Wasn't that dog race just run a terrible advertisement for the game. Lure breaks down,the dog Marcus,who i put $5 on for an interest,seemingly breaking a leg and yelping constantly in pain as it had no option but to jump the rail as it went inside dogs pulling up in front of it,the 3 dog also being forced to straddle the rail as well .

Commentator mark rosanowski,stating he hoped all dogs are ok. Well very obvious not to anyone watching. I normally watch the dogs,but hard for anyone to watch that type of stuff and think its just part of dog racing. Maybe its time for the change to straight track racing.

Been told track looked poorly prepped yesterday by people there. Cant help bad track management regardless of the track shape. Auckland has a history of it.

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, BitofaLegend said:

Thats a shocking read and you can see why people question why the sport is allowed to continue.

As to the straight track racing. The stats from australia show that injuries are significantly reduced with straight track racing. So if those in the greyhound industry truly care about the welfare of their dogs,why does nz have no straight trcks.

8 races x 8 dogs = 64 dogs.

3 races x 7 dogs = 21 dogs

85 total dogs.

9 injuries requiring a stand-down, 7 of which were serious requiring 21+ day stand-downs.

Over 10% of the dogs sustained injury.

Now the big inquiry as to why. Then they'll find out the track was too dry. That's only been happening since well forever from mid-spring to mid-autumn.

How were they supposed to predict that?

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 2

Sad state of affairs. The officials running Auckland should hang their heads in shame. Auckland needs to go the way of Wanganui. This sort of carry on was once common back in the day. Well remember pulling my dogs out at venues such as QE11 and goat tracks such as Chertsy. Once got a years ban from Chertsy for pulling my dogs out on a rock hard track. Rest of the trainers carried on only for many dogs to get injured where they finally had to abandon the meeting after several more races with many injured. Same with QE11. Had the favourite in box 1 for the Sockburn Cup then worth $5000, but had no hesitation pulling my dog out along with the rest of the team because of an unsafe track. Those that continued to race were they greedy ones, and many went home with injured or dead dogs. I blame first and foremost those trainers that do not have the guts to do the right thing when its obvious something is wrong with the track. Just pack your dogs up and get the f#ck out of there when presented with a substandard track. F#ck the STIPES, they are shitbags that wouldn't know sweet fanny adam, use your own common sense, and do not let greed get the better of you, respect your animals. Rant over.

• Champ Post 4

Mind boggling the stipes only decided to abandon the meeting after 9 serious injuries.

Surely the 3rd or 4th would have been enough to abandon it.

Youd hope they do an inquest into the stipes decision not to abandon the meeting earlier aswell.

In an age where animal welfare is paramount, this is an embarrasment.

If the stipes arent fit enough to make the easy decisions like this, why are they stipes?

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Three Group 1 races tonight at Addington - Cup night.

Isn't it convenient that the Boards Deputy Chairman's kennel have Box #1 in all three of them.

One day the corruption within Greyhound racing will come to an end. That will probably be the day that it gets shut down.

Oh and by the way, still waiting to hear about those two positive Meth charges to be heard & published that were tipped off ages ago, which GRNZ also confirmed.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, the galah said:

Thats a shocking read and you can see why people question why the sport is allowed to continue.

As to the straight track racing. The stats from australia show that injuries are significantly reduced with straight track racing. So if those in the greyhound industry truly care about the welfare of their dogs,why does nz have no straight trcks.

I think if you dig a little deeper the stats will show little reduction in overall injuries, just breaks. Career ending injuries like monkey muscles, back muscles and gracilis are actually more than circle tracks I also heard the J track is the same. 

11 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Oh and by the way, still waiting to hear about those two positive Meth charges to be heard & published that were tipped off ages ago, which GRNZ also confirmed.

Isn't that an RIB problem not a GRNZ one?

11 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Isn't it convenient that the Boards Deputy Chairman's kennel have Box #1 in all three of them.

Do you have any proof to support your inferred allegation?  If you don't then aren't you assisting in the fall of greyhound racing?