Bit Of A Yarn

Jason Teaz speaks his mind and cops a heavy fine!

The meddling in the housing market by these incompetents, is having dire consequences for so many.

People who have saved for years to buy a home to better themselves have now lost everything they have saved, due to drop in values of their homes in many areas in New Zealand.

This is due to Labour incompetence!!!

In the mean time the people who do nothing of benefit to NZ still have their housing provided by and paid for by the NZ taxpayer.

I can tell you now that people who provide rentals to tenant’s deserve to be rewarded as it is not as easy as you might think!

Labour meddling has made it harder for anyone to borrow money for anything but then they dont give a rats, as there is not one successful person financially in that Labour caucus!!

Back to the Topic.  The code administrators get their money too easily from a monopoly.  Are seemingly not accountable for their decisions.  When the easy money flows less they pay less to those providing the show and don't cut their own pay.

I can see where Teaz is coming from albeit with colourful language.  Let's face it the charges were more about closing someone down from criticising than the colour of his language.  He would have still been nailed if he had said they were just incompetent instead of fucking incompetent wankers.

Exactly how this Government works.

• Like 5
  • Champ Post 1

27 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Back to the Topic.  The code administrators get their money too easily from a monopoly.  Are seemingly not accountable for their decisions.  When the easy money flows less they pay less to those providing the show and don't cut their own pay.

I can see where Teaz is coming from albeit with colourful language.  Let's face it the charges were more about closing someone down from criticising than the colour of his language.  He would have still been nailed if he had said they were just incompetent instead of fucking incompetent wankers.

Exactly how this Government works.

Racing is not vanilla but that's exactly what Trackside want and get. Anyone prepared to discuss the full picture need not apply. The rose tinted glasses view is the only picture required thank you. The rest didn't happen.  If you disagree they will find a way to shut you down. Racing needs people like Jason Teaz but he needs to box smart when giving his perspective so the sensible shoe wearing brigade can't shut him down and use him as an example to anyone else who has the audacity not to tow the TAB line. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, the galah said:

Jacinda ardern ruled out the capitol gains tax on property other than the family home,yet last year a poll said 54% supported one and 32% didn't ,the rest undecided.Just makes sense to me to have one given the cost of housing.

Ardern was lying.  Haven't you heard of the brightline test?  There is effectively a capital gains on housing and rentals.  Also if the investor was operating as a company they get pinged on any sale by paying tax on the difference between depreciation costs claimed and the sale price.

Ardern in typical Labour Party envy politics was using misinformation to sell a false narrative for political gain. 

• Champ Post 2

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You think that is a good thing?  Labour has borrowed an incredible amount of money and shovelled it out to pay for things that don't produce anything.  Your solution is to borrow more (or tax more) to top up those who can't afford to pay rent.  That's just makes the problem worse.

Meanwhile where are the 100,000 new houses in 10 years?  We should have 60,000 of them by now.  Why don't we?  Simply because the Governments own rules,  politics and bureaucrats make it too down hard.

Meanwhile let's effectively nationalise every motel block in Rotorua.  Pay exorbitant rents for them and at the same time stuff up the tourist industry in the town.

The only solution is for Government to get out of the housing industry and remove the impediments to more private investors supplying rentals.  

I was referring to supply and demand. With investors pulling back ,the crazy cost of houses may drop to a level where people who currently rent, can afford to buy. Personally i think its too late,homes will not drop enough.

Also if houses aren't being built at a rate fast enough to house the level of immigration,then the housing crisis just gets worse. And Labour/nz first policies factored that in more than Nationals policies.

I agree with what you have said above,just believe previous National governments bore more responsiblity for creating it,than the other parties.

My point about the accommodation allowances,was they must be costing the taxpayers a fortune.Given so many people receive them,people have a perception that labour will look after them more when they struggle to make ends meet,than National ever will. And given more and more are struggling,its reason to think the next election will be a close call either way.

4 hours ago, Walt said:

Racing is not vanilla but that's exactly what Trackside want and get. Anyone prepared to discuss the full picture need not apply. The rose tinted glasses view is the only picture required thank you. The rest didn't happen.  If you disagree they will find a way to shut you down. Racing needs people like Jason Teaz but he needs to box smart when giving his perspective so the sensible shoe wearing brigade can't shut him down and use him as an example to anyone else who has the audacity not to tow the TAB line. 

I agree Teaz is a recognized racing personality who's varied background has put him in touch with the positives and the negatives of the sport. 

One group Teaz received a good level of respect from was the punter. Whatever his platform,he gave an informed perspective of how races were run,not only describing  the skills of horse and driver,but at times noting the likes of tactical errors or form changes. Punters like hearing that,because its honesty. Better to paint the whole picture than just 3/4.

But your right walt,we don't want Teaz running the risk of official censure through poor choice of words.I think anyone who thinks he has received a rather harsh penalty accepts he needed some type of reprimand, just not to the level he did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

I was referring to supply and demand. With investors pulling back ,the crazy cost of houses may drop to a level where people who currently rent, can afford to buy. Personally i think its too late,homes will not drop enough.

Also if houses aren't being built at a rate fast enough to house the level of immigration,then the housing crisis just gets worse. And Labour/nz first policies factored that in more than Nationals policies.

I agree with what you have said above,just believe previous National governments bore more responsiblity for creating it,than the other parties.

My point about the accommodation allowances,was they must be costing the taxpayers a fortune.Given so many people receive them,people have a perception that labour will look after them more when they struggle to make ends meet,than National ever will. And given more and more are struggling,its reason to think the next election will be a close call either way.

8 hours ago, the galah said:

As Chief says there is a capital gains tax by stealth, it is the Brightline Test that National started at 2 years and the Commie Party now has it at 10 years.

Most investors are not buying at the moment as it is not viable to buy and rent out as they are all negatively geared and then the 10 year brightline is in play.

Far more money now in buying right, improving and flipping as you might as well pay the tax now than in 9 years time.

A Capital Gains tax is just an ENVY TAX, and needs to be applied to owner Occupied houses as well as businesses, etc. or it is totally unfair.

All a Capital Gains Tax does is puts up the price of houses!!!!!!

When has a tax ever dropped the price of anything???? NEVER!!!!
What I will guarantee though is that the LABOUR policies that they have adopted to kill landlords will backfire majorly and tenants rents are going to be greatly increased.

They need to go up by 25 to 30% to make it semi viable at the  moment depending on your amount of debt.

Brodie is on the money!

Edited by Brodie

14 hours ago, Walt said:

top bloke Jason TEAZ . 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

As Chief says there is a capital gains tax by stealth, it is the Brightline Test that National started at 2 years and the Commie Party now has it at 10 years.

Most investors are not buying at the moment as it is not viable to buy and rent out as they are all negatively geared and then the 10 year brightline is in play.

Far more money now in buying right, improving and flipping as you might as well pay the tax now than in 9 years time.

A Capital Gains tax is just an ENVY TAX, and needs to be applied to owner Occupied houses as well as businesses, etc. or it is totally unfair.

All a Capital Gains Tax does is puts up the price of houses!!!!!!

When has a tax ever dropped the price of anything???? NEVER!!!!
What I will guarantee though is that the LABOUR policies that they have adopted to kill landlords will backfire majorly and tenants rents are going to be greatly increased.

They need to go up by 25 to 30% to make it semi viable at the  moment depending on your amount of debt.

Brodie is on the money!

Not saying your wrong brodie. 

I just look at the cost of houses and rents and think how crazy they are,and how everyone who either rents or has a recent mortgage is effected.

I have always thought housing is about supply and demand. While theres not enough houses they cost more and rents are higher.

By the end of 2021 the housing shortage had reportedly gone down from 57,000 to 23,000 new homes needed. Can't find the 2022 figure but i assume the trend of building more houses than migration levels was the same.So  covid and to a lesser degree labour policies had the effect of reducing the housing shortage.

Now they say the number of new housing consents has dropped 9% in the last 12 months,but that the drop is becoming more significant in recent months. So since the housing shortage has been significantly reduced,they aren't building new houses at the same rate because those who build them on a larger scale want to always keep it as a bit of a shortage,to protect their investments.  .

But then if you look at the stats they say for the year ended  feb 2023,nz is back gaining more people(52,000)and apparently in feb 2023,at a pace not seen before. Those stats said there was a loss of nz citizens of 17,300 and a gain of non nz citizens of 69,000. 

anyway,so the way i look at at,National is the party thats pushes for more immigration,always has been,and it therefore is the party who creates the housing shortage more than labour has or will..Just logic in my opinion.

Under national the rich get richer,which is all well and fine,but not when it means the poor get poorer. And thats been the reality unfortunately and the cost on nz is a major factor.

Also landlords will always mostly vote national,so if labour has a tax that effects landlords,they won't be losing much electoral support,as they never had it in the first place.

thats the way i see it anyway.

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Not saying your wrong brodie. 

I just look at the cost of houses and rents and think how crazy they are,and how everyone who either rents or has a recent mortgage is effected.

I have always thought housing is about supply and demand. While theres not enough houses they cost more and rents are higher.

By the end of 2021 the housing shortage had reportedly gone down from 57,000 to 23,000 new homes needed. Can't find the 2022 figure but i assume the trend of building more houses than migration levels was the same.So  covid and to a lesser degree labour policies had the effect of reducing the housing shortage.

Now they say the number of new housing consents has dropped 9% in the last 12 months,but that the drop is becoming more significant in recent months. So since the housing shortage has been significantly reduced,they aren't building new houses at the same rate because those who build them on a larger scale want to always keep it as a bit of a shortage,to protect their investments.  .

But then if you look at the stats they say for the year ended  feb 2023,nz is back gaining more people(52,000)and apparently in feb 2023,at a pace not seen before. Those stats said there was a loss of nz citizens of 17,300 and a gain of non nz citizens of 69,000. 

anyway,so the way i look at at,National is the party thats pushes for more immigration,always has been,and it therefore is the party who creates the housing shortage more than labour has or will..Just logic in my opinion.

Under national the rich get richer,which is all well and fine,but not when it means the poor get poorer. And thats been the reality unfortunately and the cost on nz is a major factor.

Also landlords will always mostly vote national,so if labour has a tax that effects landlords,they won't be losing much electoral support,as they never had it in the first place.

thats the way i see it anyway.

Galah, according to the clowns in power at the moment, the poor are not getting poorer, as they reckon child poverty has dropped, but we all know that is selective use of figures.

The idiotic policies that Liebour have brought in has increased those in need of State Houses by approx. 500% since they have been in control.

The inflation of everything including building products has  been caused by Labour Nd their spending and crazy policy.

Landlording at the moment just does not make sense financially and there will be many try and bail out when they realise how much extra tax they need to pay and they will not be wanting to substantially subsidise their tenants housing!!

National Act will bet in in October as things are going to be very dire financially for so many due to Govt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Galah, according to the clowns in power at the moment, the poor are not getting poorer, as they reckon child poverty has dropped, but we all know that is selective use of figures.

The idiotic policies that Liebour have brought in has increased those in need of State Houses by approx. 500% since they have been in control.

The inflation of everything including building products has  been caused by Labour Nd their spending and crazy policy.

Landlording at the moment just does not make sense financially and there will be many try and bail out when they realise how much extra tax they need to pay and they will not be wanting to substantially subsidise their tenants housing!!

National Act will bet in in October as things are going to be very dire financially for so many due to Govt.

Maybe,but its housing affordability that has been one of the main drivers in the numbers needing state housing.Families who spend so much of their income just on housing costs,never really will have much chance to break that cycle. You can't just blame labour when past national policies have helped create what we currently have in my opinion.

As to voting National. How could you vote for them with the leader they have.Everything he says seems to be more about not wanting to get any possible bad press.

Take the latest weak response he gave today about the road signs being in Maori as well.Their transport spokesperson said something most new zealanders agree with,but then Luxon was too weak-kneed to back what he says,having a dollar each way type approach.Thats what he does all the time. Same all the way through covid. 

Personally i see david seymour as having the best leadership qualities. Maybe you should vote for him brodie.A bit like winston keeping labour from going too far left,seymour will also help keep national from going too far left and too woke.

Anyway,i like someone to have the confidence to just say what they think,like j teaz used to.

12 hours ago, the galah said:

Maybe,but its housing affordability that has been one of the main drivers in the numbers needing state housing.Families who spend so much of their income just on housing costs,never really will have much chance to break that cycle. You can't just blame labour when past national policies have helped create what we currently have in my opinion.

As to voting National. How could you vote for them with the leader they have.Everything he says seems to be more about not wanting to get any possible bad press.

Take the latest weak response he gave today about the road signs being in Maori as well.Their transport spokesperson said something most new zealanders agree with,but then Luxon was too weak-kneed to back what he says,having a dollar each way type approach.Thats what he does all the time. Same all the way through covid. 

Personally i see david seymour as having the best leadership qualities. Maybe you should vote for him brodie.A bit like winston keeping labour from going too far left,seymour will also help keep national from going too far left and too woke.

Anyway,i like someone to have the confidence to just say what they think,like j teaz used to.

With the mortgage interest dropping so low to not much over 2%, there was a great opportunity to purchase property, whether it be a first home or otherwise

These low interest rates was due to ill thought out policy from a so called government that is so far out if its depth it is not funny.

Hipkins isjust hopeless, look at the mess education is in and he was the minister of education.

He is too soft and no skills like all of the other lefties!

If you think that Labour is going to help first home buyers purchase property you are seriously deluded, as they are making it even harder for them.

Yes there is still a reasonable % buying but that is because the sales no.s are down.

Yes Luxon is not that great as a leader but geez he at least has some commonsense and business acumen like many in National.

Labour has NONE.

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

Going back to Jason.

I note he expressed remorse for speaking out.........but was still nailed to the wall. If that was me I'd be feeling dirty. Those in powerful places already decided his penalty. A pathetic and perfunctory $250 penalty discount for Jason's cooperation and remorse. What a far king joke.

I compare that with our Justice systems.

Routinely we see certain people appear in court after committing all types of diabolical offending ranging from crimes against vulnerable children to vicious assaults against innocent people. They express remorse and then nek minute, the Judge gifts them a free pass. Why? Mercy? yes if you believe in the tooth fairy. Reality is the Judge was looking for a reason to exercise discretion in favour of the offender. We've all been seeing it. Very rarely does the victim receive that same priority and consideration . Who was the alleged victim in this case? A colleague of those deciding penalty who was offended and hurt by words. Do me a favour! Have you seen what's unfolded in Afghanistan, Syria and Ukraine? Jason's penalty was designed to keep everyone else in the industry in their lane....and quiet.

Jason Teaz has a life tied up in an industry he's passionate about. Many participants will tell you privately the settings within the game are broken and an industry we all love is headed toward oblivion in NZ. "Fucked" is a description given to me more often than not.

What happens if so many people know the system is broken but nobody say anything? Does that sound like the ingredients of a recipe to evolve?  

What many are on the receiving end of is like sunburn on sunburn. Why not seek input from those in the industry with considerable knowledge and with so much at stake and at least try and address what's wrong? Surely, that's the right ingredients to evolve?

I could say exactly what Jason has said but use a bogus name online and be free of consequence. Sure, Jason should box smart with his choice of words and not make it personal despite his passion but it seems to me his biggest mistake was having the personal integrity to put his authentic name to his authentic perspective. 

• Like 6
  • Champ Post 5

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Why not seek input from those in the industry with considerable knowledge and with so much at stake and at least try and address what's wrong? Surely, that's the right ingredients to evolve?

Very well said Walt. not just this paragraph but your whole post above. The HRNZ board need to listen to the industry participants and include their input into future stratagies, and even if some New Ideas can't be implimented they should at least respond with some ideas of their own. Criticism itself doesn't cure wounds. you need actions.

Jason Teaz is the trainer of Brookies Jaffa I take it? probably same bloke ? therefore is a licensed (and capable) horseman able to get a horse to Metro level, so knows what he is doing/talking about with-in the industry.

Alas new procedures were put in place to silence those bringing the industry into disrepute , some time ago. and penalties applied to license holders who break that rule. Better to use anonimous nom de plume and stay safe from the industry 'watchdogs' and feel free to express your concerns for the 'nation' ,as we get/do here at BOAY and similar,  so we can criticise if feel like it, BUT and also 'try' and enjoy what's left of the once mighty Harness (and thoroughbred) racing industry's too. 🏇

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Very well said Walt. not just this paragraph but your whole post above. The HRNZ board need to listen to the industry participants and include their input into future stratagies, and even if some New Ideas can't be implimented they should at least respond with some ideas of their own. Criticism itself doesn't cure wounds. you need actions.

Jason Teaz is the trainer of Brookies Jaffa I take it? probably same bloke ? therefore is a licensed (and capable) horseman able to get a horse to Metro level, so knows what he is doing/talking about with-in the industry.

Alas new procedures were put in place to silence those bringing the industry into disrepute , some time ago. and penalties applied to license holders who break that rule. Better to use anonimous nom de plume and stay safe from the industry 'watchdogs' and feel free to express your concerns for the 'nation' ,as we get/do here at BOAY and similar,  so we can criticise if feel like it, BUT and also 'try' and enjoy what's left of the once mighty Harness (and thoroughbred) racing industry's too. 🏇

On the money Gammalite.

I'm fairly sure Jason and his good lady Megan are duel code license holders. Not many are in that category. Don Dwyer who trained Dillon Dale and Dillon Dean is now a successful thoroughbred trainer in Australia and Mark Jones in Canterbury. He is the son of Peter and Grandson of the great DG an absolute gem of a man. .....so NZ Harness Racing Royalty you could say. I can't and won't speak for Mark but he knows how to condition horses better than most and a few seasons back he spoke about how quickly horses in NZ under the present system reach their mark (pardon the pun) so their careers must be carefully managed to achieve any longevity. He was bagged in some circles for his honest and accurate take on things.

You need to have decent size kahuna's, a passion for the industry, be a keen communicator and be very frustrated to speak your mind against those sitting in Ivory Towers who couldn't possibly be wrong.

I'm not attempting to portray Jason as a Saint. He isn't and I'm sure he'd be the first to own that but he's wired the way he's wired. Harness Racing needs more like him

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

On 5/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, Brodie said:

There is reverse racism in NEW ZEALAND, it is not the Maori word that starts and finishes with A!

Everyone needs to send a message to government this year by voting the current bunch of racists out big time in October!!

FFS they are renaming everything and wasting billions of taxpayers $ with Maori BS that Labour commies have adopted for absolutely no benefit!!!!

Seriously deluded if you are going to vote this lot back in as a vote for them is a vote for a Communist Party, Envious loser Green Party and a Racist Maori Party and it is just going to be so bad for everyone!!!
The ones who voted for Labour at the last election should hang their head in shame for not thinking what they were actually doing!!   

I had a session with a friends friend recently,  I was surprised when he said he had voted Cindy twice. He then bought up a this bs  to Rio bs.  He then said not voting Labour ever again.  My daughter is a teacher and brainwashed at University to vote labour.  She recently told me she's not voting labour again as well. 

Big changes ahead I hope.?  

Hj

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Walt said:

'm fairly sure Jason and his good lady Megan are duel code license holders. Not many are in that category. Don Dwyer who trained Dillon Dale and Dillon Dean is now a successful thoroughbred trainer

Graeme Rogerson having a good run lately . Nz derby with Sharp N Smart at the gallops, Nz Trotting Derby with LoveMe Too just the other night. How big a slam is that ?top draw stuff 🏆 an amazing man . won a Cox plate too lol. 

Never met Don , but did hack around old home town Takanini with Dillon Dale at one stage. He was a great youngster and won the Nz Juvenile championship and about 10 or so races as 2 year old from memory , for Aussie man Gary Hillier. But broke down soon after. some time later I was helping another Aussie dude trainer Brian Pretious , get Dillon Dale back on the track . was a wonderful strong horse. had a few brothers and sisters out of broodmare Birdie.  Birdie Twice, the first foal didn't get it going till 6 year old first start lol... much later on Dillon Dean won 1/2 million I see. wow !! 

, Don Dwyer along next and married the millionaire owners daughter and had a great ride for a while. Dillon Dale 3rd in the NZ cup for Don and then WON the Nz FFA beating the Cup winner 'Camelot' around 84' ?  3 days later. Old Aussie war-horse Gammalite was in those races , but ran no-where against the classy locals.🤕

If Jason (and wife ) good at training thoroughbreds sounds a good way to go? bit more money in that code it seems. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Graeme Rogerson having a good run lately . Nz derby with Sharp N Smart at the gallops, Nz Trotting Derby with LoveMe Too just the other night. How big a slam is that ?top draw stuff 🏆 an amazing man . won a Cox plate too lol. 

Never met Don , but did hack around old home town Takanini with Dillon Dale at one stage. He was a great youngster and won the Nz Juvenile championship and about 10 or so races as 2 year old from memory , for Aussie man Gary Hillier. But broke down soon after. some time later I was helping another Aussie dude trainer Brian Pretious , get Dillon Dale back on the track . was a wonderful strong horse. had a few brothers and sisters out of broodmare Birdie.  Birdie Twice, the first foal didn't get it going till 6 year old first start lol... much later on Dillon Dean won 1/2 million I see. wow !! 

, Don Dwyer along next and married the millionaire owners daughter and had a great ride for a while. Dillon Dale 3rd in the NZ cup for Don and then WON the Nz FFA beating the Cup winner 'Camelot' around 84' ?  3 days later. Old Aussie war-horse Gammalite was in those races , but ran no-where against the classy locals.🤕

If Jason (and wife ) good at training thoroughbreds sounds a good way to go? bit more money in that code it seems. 

Forgot about Rogie. He would bring a team of gallopers down to my hometown meeting at Nelson in the 1970's. Lovemeto looks a promising 3 year old.  The What The Hill youngsters look very good. 

Don is a very good man. Versatile for sure. He actually had a stint running a TAB in Auckland a couple of decades ago. His last decent season as a harness trainer was 2001. Now the king of picnic meetings in Australia. Still using the same colours.

Dillon Dean was a beauty for sure. Won 20 races. On the receiving end of some blatant team driving in the Great Northern Derby of 1988 won by Godfrey.

Can't find any of Dean's races but here's Dale winning the FFA you mentioned. 

I hope Jason Teaz stays in the game. He's an asset but I don't blame him if he's feeling a bit disillusioned at the moment. He's been shafted.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Honestjohn said:

I had a session with a friends friend recently,  I was surprised when he said he had voted Cindy twice. He then bought up a this bs  to Rio bs.  He then said not voting Labour ever again.  My daughter is a teacher and brainwashed at University to vote labour.  She recently told me she's not voting labour again as well. 

Big changes ahead I hope.?  

Hj

I'm embarrassed to say I voted Labour in 2020. Not a big fan of Judith Collins.

Won't be voting Labour ever again. 

Todd Muller was a very ordinary National Party leader but he got one thing right when he said Ardern was surrounded by a bunch of empty chairs. Nothing has changed apart from they don't even have Ardern to ride on the back of her coattails anymore.

Must admit I'm not a big fan of Luxon either but if Ardern was worth risking for two terms, Luxon is worth at least one. National do have an issue with their leader when over 50% of people polled said they didn't trust him. Needs to get that sorted. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Found the 1989 NZ Cup remembered for the great performance by the ill fated Inky Lord. With so much attention deservedly going on Inky Lord, many people overlooked the terrific run of the second horse, none other that Dillon Dean.

There were some great "Dean's" in the 70's & 80's. Dillon Dean who won 20.....Master Dean in the 70's won 16 races and another big fav, Basil Dean in the 80's who won 24.

• Like 1

Appreciate Chief allowing us to discuss todays issues that we have in NZ on this site!

Great discussing harness racing topics as well but seriously, if Liebour get in again with the Jealous party and the Racist Party, there aint going to be any harness racing!  !