• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Ok. just top prove nothing was a dream i will quote the udr's. This isn't opinion,just fact.  so in the last 25 years mark purdon has trained on his own,in partnership with greg payne,hayden cullen,natalire rasmussen and now his son nathan. In those 25 years,8 were in partnership with natalie rasmissen. Of those 8 years,7 of the 8 were when m purdon had his best udr's. his partnership with nathan purdon last year,from the remaining 17 years,was the only other one to score in the top 8..  2020/21  was the year that the purdon/rasmussen saw a drop in the udr and their last year in partnership. Of course the impacts from covid would have been had an effect not just on the racetrack but off. mark purdons worst udr ,if you can call it that,was in 2007 (.2836). hence my comment about rasmussen being a factor in the boost in performance. As to your refering to top performances in the last 3 years. quite right to point those out,but you probably know i have started a handful of posts on here questioning how the all stars horses are able to lift their performances for the big days. And i have given the reasons why i believe that. They were,i  had a rating system which i did for a few  years,although no longer bother this year.I gave eevry horse a rating every time it ran. what i had was a system which consistently horses would run at. Obviously some would improve and some drop off,but one pattern that emerged and was the significant improvement( normally 5-10 lengths) the all stars could come up with 90% of their horses on the big days. that was always there,even in the last 5 years . people can argue why that is or whether they agree. so thats parts opinion,but i trust my judgment.      everyone has their own opinion and i have just given mine.
    • AllStars just arent as dominant as they were a year or so ago! Mark has got other things on his mind, he has clearly stated this! You can not really blame him for losing a bit of interest as just like male stallions they lose interest in racing at some stage and therefore retire from racing ! You need to be so dedicated to be getting up very early in the morning and finish late, 7 days a week and to the scale that MArk and Natalie and co. have been operating under. Without Mark on the scene there is no doubt they will not be operating at the same level and if the current owners are not getting the same results they have been over the last few years, they will spread their horses around to other trainers! This has already started to occur as most of us know that the training costs to have a horse trained at the AllStars is not chicken feed! Personally wish Nathan and Michael all the best with the training at AllStars as they have massive boots to fill!
    • By Jonny Turner The timing is right for Sodoyahavtime to make a long-awaited return to racing at Ascot Park today. The pacer hasn’t been sighted since running third in the Group 2 Kindergarten Stakes, amid a two-start campaign last year. That looks awfully strong form for the three-year-old to bring to a maiden event and his short odds ($1.90) reflect that. All trainer Brett Gray hopes is to see the best from the horse in race 6, the Northern Tavern Mobile Pace. “He is a nice horse and he has shown us a bit of ability.” “His trials haven’t been anything startling but his recent work has been pretty sharp and hopefully he shows his best at the races.” Gray’s day starts when Connie Jaccka lines up in Saturday’s opener, the Ave Mobile Pace. And the trainer is hopeful he can start on a good note. “That’s the easiest field she has been in for quite a while.” “Even though she hasn’t drawn the best, with a good, positive drive she would have to be a good chance.” Warrior Easton is another of Gray’s horses who will carry plenty of support on Saturday. The pacer comes into race 9 on the back of a solid fourth, where he fought on after racing wide at Winton. “He is going well enough and it’s the best draw he has had for a while, he’s a chance.” Timmy Turtle has been among the favourites leading into race 3 on Saturday, the Newfield Sports Bar Trot. The trotter, named after leading reinsman Tim Williams, looks a big winning threat on the back of his strong debut at Winton last week. “He’s a nice horse, he just got a bit of stage fright in his first start but he ran on quite well afterwards.” “If he steps and does things right he’s a good hope.” Gray starts another trotter in Janaka’s Delight in race 4, the Ashford Motor Lodge Mobile Trot. The mare made a mistake in her fresh up run at Winton after trialling solidly. “Her work has been quite good, there are a couple in that race that have been going well but she’s not far away from them.” Pounamu also represents the Gray stable in race 7, the Ascot Park Hotel Mobile Pace. “He’s working well and he’s not the worst at all, but he is a big boy and I do think he will be better for whatever he does on Saturday.” View the full article
    • Not sure where the TAB/ Entain are getting their info from??? You would have to be slightly deluded if you think that the site is better than what we had before 🤣 The info and comments are shockingly poor compared to what the TAB site used to have, it is definitely a step backwards for racing in NZ! Natives Inferno ran second on Wednesday at Addington and today is Sunday and the site has not updated the form on it, despite it opening up very short so the Bookies know it ran second or it wouldve opened longer. Speedmap has it leading lol It has drawn 1 and is not fast away from a stand ever! They shouldve left the site as it was but then they just do not care!  
  • Topics