• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Okay let’s look at the word vulnerable then, from your dictionary of choice (but please do feel free to let the team at Collins know you’re displeased with their definition of the precise terms and let us know how you get on with that). If you take a hound from the only place it’s ever known, and from the (alleged) person who loves it and leave it someone completely foreign with people it does not know, it’s going to be emotionally vulnerable. It’s why most adopters are counselled in the 3-3-3 guidelines, to help them adjust as emotionally safely as possible. Most, probably all, humans would also be emotionally vulnerable in the same circumstances and we have reasoning and understanding.  Or do you not believe dogs feel emotions?
    • I can only speak for my hounds and my old trainer.  I give my retired girl and boy back to them when I manage to get away for a holiday and there is no money exchanged at all.  I raced my boy for few years and as the owner I took responsibility of his retirement.  The hounds first home loved them and still do.   
    • Nothing more than an attempt to control .
    • Sailed right over his head didn’t it? 
    • Cool story bro. I know many people with pet greyhounds and not a single one has ever heard from a trainer to ‘delight’ in following their hound’s progress. I’m sure Cole, McInerney, the Faheys, Roberts, Evans remember and follow up each and every single one of their thousands of past hounds and know each and every one individually in the present. I’m sure it was all a big misunderstanding when tattooing was stopped and trainers asked grnz for microchip scanners to be able to identify between all their dogs - cos they love them so they would absolutely be tell each one apart eh? And if trainers love their dogs so much why don’t they keep them all as pets instead of giving them up when they are no longer economically viable? Why the need for the free to trainers (who’ve made potentially thousands from the hound) but $380 for adopters - maybe discounted if you take a broken one - Great Mates programme? If trainers all love them so much they will keep them snuggled up on their couches forever surely! All 199 currently racing just for Cole, 175 for McInerney - not to mention the breeding pipeline to fuel that.  Why don’t they pay for their vet and rehabilitation care and treat them at home instead of dumping the hounds they break into a full to bursting RtR programme and washing their hands of these hounds they love? Dogs not only injured but now recovering from career ending serious injury but now in a completely foreign place, away from the place they know and the person that loves them.  You’ve got a warped view of love there.   
  • Topics