• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• But never assume things Chief.......I am currently in Harness mode [ some great racing happening ,and about to get better ] with an eye on Jumps racing as well.......you can't state that I seem to agree with things when you have no knowledge but want to stretch out a discussion.ie you want to bang on about the same old stuff. Currently I having Soup and toast but after that I'll try and work out your queries about some Summer Plan. Where I am we heading into winter. Stuffed tracks ,compromised tracks ,unsafe tracks , closed tracks ,synthetic tracks ....you all about tracks ,I get it. Watching BSharrock on TV and the few times I've heard him he gives Tracks the first mention, his top of mind. Number One ahead of Stakes even. In 12 mins he talked of every NZ track getting at least renovations carried out.He said they gotta improve .Most been neglected for decades[ I said that], not one decent track surface in NZ[ Messara said that] .BSharrock said it his nimber one challenge hence invest ,invest ,invest ! He investing heavily in tracks with new machinery but in particular people. More people and upskilling them too. Plus a new level of management [ costly too I guess] so the audits of them will be more often and more realistic.......this is a job for you I feel ,I'm sure he has no one as capable as you to oversee the tracks. He all over tracks Chief.....you will have to revert to banging on about something else. I'll check the significance of your Document later. My soup is going cold.
    • Yes. That's what he said, a 10% increase from $91m. But wait, the guaranteed all code funding level from Entain only increases by $5m. So where on earth are NZTR getting the extra from, especially if they plan to also increase the funding component allocated to fixing tracks. I might be confused. If so, someone will hopefully straighten me out but based on the record, there's a fair chance that it is Sharrock that is muddled up. The minimum level for 2023-24 will be NZ$170m (£86m/€99m/US$107m), up 36% on the current financial year. The 2024-24 figure will be NZ$175m, then NZ$180m in 2025-26, NZ$185m in 2026-27 and NZ$200m for 2027-28. 
    • Plus the current architects of this strategy will be long gone.  George has already jumped ship.  
    • Certainly has been some boom or bust trotters over the years, I remember Carl Middleton had one going back a while, could break giving big starts, what a loss he was to the trotting game in all forms, cant remember the horses name though, seems to be plenty of them will the ability but putting it together another issue, some of the maiden trot races, you'll seem more breakers than Brighton beach, imagine the frustration for the owners and trainers, they have to cart them home as well, the punter get the better deal on that score. Just a sore pocket
  • Topics