Bit Of A Yarn

Please Help Kim Butt!

Newmarket

Hey Kim, 

Many starts ago I thought Not Over was a little unlucky, so added it to my Black Book. 
Sadly, I keep punting it but I have decided enough is enough. 
Today you gave it a great run, but it showed about as much dash as a 200kilo guy on Boxing Day. 

Am I better to buy more undies rather than keep betting on it, please respond, thank you

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Hey Kim, 

Many starts ago I thought Not Over was a little unlucky, so added it to my Black Book. 
Today you gave it a great run, but it showed about as much dash as a 200kilo guy on Boxing Day. 

Am I better to buy more undies rather than keep betting on it, please respond, thank you

Sorry, not Kim Butt, but I think you couldve bought a lifetime supply of undies rather than backing Not Over!

Hasnt run a place for 2 seasons and probably will not again, unless it is the West Coast circuit!

Rising 8 year old so best days will be well past you would think, and todays field in the last was as weak as you are likely to get for race winners.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Hey Kim, 

Hi Newmarket, 

Hopefully you backed him top4 ;)

I’m hoping yesterdays run gave him a bit of confidence and he can recapture some of his past form. 
He is owned and trained by lovely people so would love to see him back winning for them and his other loyal followers ;) 

They do have a couple of nice horses in work that are yet to race but I think will do a good job for them in the next few months so maybe wait and keep an eye out for them. 

But you know how it works, the day you stop backing them is the day they run in the money! 😂

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

This topic i find interesting because it highlights the different perspectives.

Punters like newmarket and brodie have a good understanding of all the effort that goes into having a racehorse but their focus is on how best to get a return from their punting dollar. Thats not to say they don't care about the horse/owner/trainer.Its just thats not their primary focus.

Then on the other hand you have k butt.

Its obvious from her reply, she has an understanding of all the effort that not over's connections would have put in to have him racing and how running a nice 4th,albeit after getting the perfect run,would be seen in a positive light and would have been enjoyed.

i often think maybe the punters perspective probably doesn't factor in the feelings of whoever it may be that is being discussed and on the flipside i think sometimes the people and connections of the horses being discussed are over sensitive to what is actually being said ,especially when no malice has been intended.

Thats why this thread sort of sets a nice standard in the communicating of both perspectives.I don't know k butt myself,but a bit like a harrison who sometimes replies,i'm guessing that apart from their skills as drivers,part of the reason they get drives is because they enable the horses connections to enjoy each horse and each race.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Top 4?

It is only available on account so is a waste of time for most!

For the Punters who do bet on Top 4, how much does the TAB allow them to win?

To be able to win the cost of a bottle of wine, in my case is just pathetic!

Enough for a case of Cold Duck maybe two if I shop around.

images (6).jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

I splashed out when Arapaho won the cup so they are chilling away nicely and will drink 1 when I back a winner.

Here's 3 wins for you . All winning in Cup week next month . Do you have a spare glass and I'll come over and celebrate the 3 winners with you?  . A case of cold duck might get us through the week. 

( One bloke has shares in all 3 of these . What a legend !! ) lucky bugger.

download.jpg.b7f7a2c22069f97346c955564d09a0b0.jpgdownload.jpg.347da9aabdc5dcc2637191f696cd7f35.jpgdownload.jpg.97101663165b77cf32b0478cc4c03407.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

Enough for a case of Cold Duck maybe two if I shop around.

images (6).jpeg

Brings back memories, cousin was Promtions Manager for Montana when that came out.   Had to lead ducklings on a leash around Lynmall as part of the promotion. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 7:32 AM, KimButt said:

Hi Newmarket, 

Hopefully you backed him top4 ;)

I’m hoping yesterdays run gave him a bit of confidence and he can recapture some of his past form. 
He is owned and trained by lovely people so would love to see him back winning for them and his other loyal followers ;) 

They do have a couple of nice horses in work that are yet to race but I think will do a good job for them in the next few months so maybe wait and keep an eye out for them. 

But you know how it works, the day you stop backing them is the day they run in the money! 😂

Nice reply, good luck to the owners. 
Maybe I am bringing them bad luck, I will stop having a few dollars on it to give you a chance😊, thanks for reply👍

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 1:25 PM, the galah said:

This topic i find interesting because it highlights the different perspectives.

Punters like newmarket and brodie have a good understanding of all the effort that goes into having a racehorse but their focus is on how best to get a return from their punting dollar. Thats not to say they don't care about the horse/owner/trainer.Its just thats not their primary focus.

Then on the other hand you have k butt.

Its obvious from her reply, she has an understanding of all the effort that not over's connections would have put in to have him racing and how running a nice 4th,albeit after getting the perfect run,would be seen in a positive light and would have been enjoyed.

i often think maybe the punters perspective probably doesn't factor in the feelings of whoever it may be that is being discussed and on the flipside i think sometimes the people and connections of the horses being discussed are over sensitive to what is actually being said ,especially when no malice has been intended.

Thats why this thread sort of sets a nice standard in the communicating of both perspectives.I don't know k butt myself,but a bit like a harrison who sometimes replies,i'm guessing that apart from their skills as drivers,part of the reason they get drives is because they enable the horses connections to enjoy each horse and each race.

Yeah, 

Your dead right, I did have a small share in a horse many years ago with no luck. Decided then I  would rather spend money drinking and betting, rather than horse ownership, who knows might be involved at a later date. 

Kim’s reply was spot on, great that owners are happy to see their horses competing, can’t all be champions. 

• Like 2