Bit Of A Yarn

Do you think NZ Racing might learn from this Cameron?

Reefton

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Chairman, Cameron George, commends the Australian Turf Club.

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

No images? Click here

http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/y/09/BD8/784/095133/csfinal/CorporateEmail-banner-9900000000079e3c.png

NZTR Chairman Hails ATC on Momentous Rosehill Gardens Proposal

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) Chairman, Cameron George, commends the Australian Turf Club (ATC) after a recent decision was made by the New South Wales (NSW) governing body of racing to enter a memorandum of understanding with the NSW Government around the future of its racing and infrastructure.

The proposal, referred to by ATC Chairman Peter McGauran as ‘future-proofing the industry’, will see up to $5 billion invested into NSW racing by developing Sydney’s renowned Rosehill Gardens Racecourse into a mini city, with approximately 25,000 new homes and new Metro Rail Station.

George recognises the significance of the proposal, in a move by ATC to financially secure the racing jurisdiction.

“Off the back of the reports released yesterday regarding Sydney’s Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, NZTR would like to acknowledge the courage of ATC and its willingness to change by maximising this once-in-a-generation opportunity for the benefit of the industry,” he said.

“We recognise the boldness of ATC leadership and their proactive approach to working collaboratively with the government.

“This is a massive move for Australia that underpins the long-term success of the industry and in perpetuity.

“The potential revenue generated from this proposal will allow ATC to enhance its own racecourses and training facilities, a decision that will benefit the entire NSW racing community for the foreseeable future.”

ATC has highlighted several significant benefits to its infrastructure that will arise from the deal, with plans to relocate up to 400 horses, as well as build a new training centre at Horsley Park and develop Warwick Farm Racecourse into a new world-class track, just to name a few.

“The logistics of this proposal are incredible,” George said.

“The Rosehill Gardens is home to many glorified races, including the Golden Slipper and Golden Eagle, that are renowned throughout the entire globe.

“ATC’s willingness to do the right thing for its racing community is admirable and something we aspire to uphold within our own industry.

“NZTR will continue to decisively lead change and encourage Clubs and participants to be the same. It’s about the industry and its future and now is our moment in time to do it.

“When you reflect on the situation, we have similarities back here on home turf. We are in a transformational phase, with an appetite for change.

“We are looking optimistically towards the future, with Ellerslie Racecourse back in action, a substantial increase to our stakes and several new racing initiatives implemented this season.

“We want to see this momentum continue and we have to make sure that as an industry, we make decisive decisions and continue to plan for the greater good to sustain our community,” George said.

View more about ATC’s Rosehill Gardens proposal here.

Corporate Communications
New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing
+64 21 071 2929

nztrcommunications@nztr.co.nz

http://i1.cmail19.com/static/eb/master/13-the-blueprint-3/images/socialmedia/facebook-brandcolor-medium-circle.pnghttp://i2.cmail19.com/static/eb/master/13-the-blueprint-3/images/socialmedia/linkedin-brandcolor-medium-circle.pnghttp://i5.cmail19.com/static/eb/master/13-the-blueprint-3/images/socialmedia/website-brandcolor-medium-circle.png

http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/y/09/BD8/784/095133/csfinal/NZTR-White_Te-Reo.png

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing

106-110 Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt, Wellington 5012

Email: office@nztr.co.nz

Phone: +64 4 576 6240

Fax: +64 4 568 8866

NZTR.CO.NZ

Unsubscribe

That's an NZTR release this morning

The STC clearly realises it has assets(Rosehill) that are not returning anything like a decent return on their value.

Here's our man Cameron congratulating them on the move.

Cameron Cameron Cameron can you not see how stupid this makes NZ racing look?  Why don't you cash up that Ellerslie dump (and Riccarton, Te Rapa and several more)  and use the massive amounts of cash resulting to sort NZ Racing out?

Don't say you can't enforce this seizure of clubs assets because the Racing Act gives you the exact power to do so.

I've been on and on and on about this for absolute years - NZ Racing is chocka with underperforming assets(ie the property assets of the major clubs)

Massive upheaval for Rosehill though.  I guess a Rosehill trainer who owns his property will be able to join in the windfall

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Thought you would be noticing this.

Only problem, that 'Ellerslie dump' has just realised millions from a part-sale, and has spent millions on refurbishing itself.

And, if I'm reading it correctly,  the approach to the state Govt was made by the ATC.

Riccarton could realise huge dosh from a similar approach;  but by the time the slash-and-burn policies of NZTR have been completed there will be very few trainers left to benefit from a purpose-built, state of the art facility in Canterbury.

One can dream....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Reefton said:

Massive upheaval for Rosehill though.  I guess a Rosehill trainer who owns his property will be able to join in the windfall

Rosehill is stuffed as a track.  Randwick isn't much better.  Victoria seems to have a much better track maintenance programme than any of they other States.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Agree of course the argument now will be they have this amazing new track. 

I don't see the need for Auckland to even have a racecourse myself.

Yeah lack of foresight in spending that dosh on a track where people only go a couple of times a year(and 90% of them would have no idea there was an actual racemeeting on)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Rosehill is stuffed as a track.  Randwick isn't much better.  Victoria seems to have a much better track maintenance programme than any of they other States.

Did you guys see that the shocker that is Moonee Valley (with it's silly 170m straight) will be closed from 2025. 

And re-invented and rebuilt over 3 years or so,  spending $150,000,000 ....  with a New state of the Art Grandstand on the school  side and heaps of Residential units Put in to fund it and a 350m straight I think it is.   

Edited by Gammalite

moonee-valley.jpg

46 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Did you guys see that the shocker that is Moonee Valley (with it's silly 170m straight) will be closed from 2025. 

And re-invented and rebuilt over 3 years or so,  spending $150,000,000 ....  with a New state of the Art Grandstand on the school  side and heaps of Residential units Put in to fund it and a 350m straight I think it is.   

I quite like it.  Suits the Kiwi horses - the likes of Imperatriz, Bonecrusher.....long list!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

moonee-valley.jpg

I quite like it.  Suits the Kiwi horses - the likes of Imperatriz, Bonecrusher.....long list!

Oy yeah Sunline too, from the great Takanini Training centre . won a Couple of Cox plates at MV .

My favourite for years. A lovely front running mare. suited to the Valley like No other. Then a Trotting Trainer came along and knocked her off in a couple more Cox Plates .  Quite like that Chief ? Mr Kersley's horse breezing on by here. Looks a bit like Gammalite crossed with Popular Alm colours too !! how cool !🏆🏆👍  images.jpg.2b3373f6c08c0eff53c75f22250cf15e.jpg

I initially wondered why on earth George thought it relevant for him to comment on events in Sydney, then it occurred to me that perhaps he is indicating he plans to sell off Avondale and build a new state of the art track out in the countryside, and if that goes well then sell off Trentham and build a flash new track well north of Wgtn. Perhaps if both go well he might then sell off Riccarton and build a central SI track outside of Timaru. You read it here first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1