Bit Of A Yarn

Who hired the current Trackside Crew?

11 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've given up listening and watching the current Trackside Crew.

Mute for me, heaven with good music and picture only. You see more, and learn the colours. Also opens whole new dimension on whats happening in the race.

This photo is an indication of why I find it hard to watch.  The on air dress code seems to have a very broad scope and whoever advises on fashion needs a new job.  Why can't they have a trackside blazer provided by their employer?  The trimmed down Whale is the only professional looking one among them!

image.png

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

This photo is an indication of why I find it hard to watch.  The on air dress code seems to have a very broad scope and whoever advises on fashion needs a new job.  Why can't they have a trackside blazer provided by their employer?  The trimmed down Whale is the only professional looking one among them!

image.png

Totally agree. I can't see the girl from chch who can't stop talking.  Couldn't get a pic with her lips shut. 

Totally agree woke people employers 

I put it on mute when she comes on. She's a shocker name dropping. Thinks she knows about breeding. 

Hj

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 10:59 PM, Chief Stipe said:

I've given up listening and watching the current Trackside Crew.

Agree with you, painfull at times. Knowledge of racing and gambling is pretty poor overall. 

Worst part for me is the blind chimp they employ to put numbers on bottom of screen that show first 3 runners?? FFS, most of the time they are wrong, then after a close finish, up pops a photo finish banner, right over the finish line when replay shown, hopeless. 

IMO uniforms or the lack thereof do not matter in this case and in most occupations.  What matters in this case is knowledge and talent - substantive issues..  At the moment we have one presenter who has clear diction issues which matters in such a role.  When the changes were made to "downsize" and they decided to get rid of their contractors the effect was they got rid of some of the better presenters and some of their less talented presenters remained.  There may be an issue as to how some of these presenters are managed or trained as it seems apparent that when they move to Australia for example (Cass Fahey, Jayne Ivil) they appear much better.

However it seems that at least one of the better presenters, Greg O'Connor, has returned which is good which also means that some northern presenters are not forced to give their opinion on a racing scene they are not familiar with.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Typical of your mindset....want to 'nanny'everyone of what they can or can't do,what they ...wear.😁

Well it's hard enough getting my ears abused without my eyes as well.

The point I was making was that the fashion sense of some of these presenters is appalling.  I'd point at individuals but don't want to be personal about my critique.

If there was a standard monogrammed blazer it would give an impression of class, a team and professionalism.  Plus I wouldn't have to listen to newbies saying who the F dressed her or him.

I'm surprised you disagree @holy ravioli (well not really as you are as bad as @Michael at disagreeing) with uniforms but these would be more in your line...

c17-971.jpg

If you look good and feel good you must surely perform better.  Throw in the fact that having a uniform means you don't have to think about what to wear, then the job must be so much easier.

I agree the dress sense of some is very bad and such taste should not be let loose on the public.

Branded clothing should help to feel part of a team, surely.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1