Bit Of A Yarn

New Court Date !

On RIB site the most recent posting is dated 18Feb….therefore the question is whether the alleged 900 fine  is a fact or fiction….?

Additionally- is it usual for RIB to impose a penalty before incident is dealt with by Court proceedings ….?

• Champ Post 1

36 minutes ago, cyclops said:

On RIB site the most recent posting is dated 18Feb….therefore the question is whether the alleged 900 fine  is a fact or fiction….?

Additionally- is it usual for RIB to impose a penalty before incident is dealt with by Court proceedings ….?

Strange that the RIB haven't put any decisions on their website for the last 18 days.

Maybe the person who does that has gone on holiday and will get a shock when they come back to find no one has done their work for them and they have a backlog.Who knows but seems strange.

Reminds me of the hrnz website not uploading videos of races held, for normally about half an hour after they have been run. If you have an australian tab account you can see the replays within 5 minutes every time.

Actually the australian tab website is far superior to the nz tab website in that respect. They have the recent videos of races of each horse next to their form.You don't get that with the nz tab.

I've often wondered why the nz tab doesn't have a link on their website for nz harness meetings, where people could click on it and go directly to the the hrnz website and access more form details and videos. Suppose that makes too much sense to be  goer.

Having said that the hrnz website often seems to have problems when races are on. Last sunday i tried to look at the form on the hrnz website for a few  races but it wasn't working every time i looked. You would think when they are looking at ways to improve turnover,that having a website that works all the time may help encourage betting.Just a thought.

Edited by the galah

4 hours ago, the galah said:

Strange that the RIB haven't put any decisions on their website for the last 18 days.

You need to click reset under the submit button on the decisions page and it will give you the latest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

You need to click reset under the submit button on the decisions page and it will give you the latest

tried that and it worked but i'm guessing most people would have no idea that they had to do that as they never have had to in the past.

Interesting to read the Sean Mcaffrey failing to give a urine sample.

Seems he had trouble on the night,so he says,,so they asked him to attend the cambridge jockey club,10 minutes from where he lives,the next morning,but he never turned up.

What strikes me about reading the decision is in the summary it says luk chin thought it a very unreasonable request to ask mccaffrey to turn up to have a urine sample the next day and instead they should have taken a blood sample on the friday.

When you read that you have to wonder whats going on with Luk chin when he says that it was a very unreasonable request.

Sounds like he was just trying to cover for mr mccafery.

Now i have no doubt mr chin is a wonderful human being,but why does he think his mate should get some type of special treatment.

I just think the whole thing stinks of people trying to justify preferential treatment when none should be given.

Now i'm no expert,but google detection times for cannabis and it clearly says that they use urine tests because they can detect it longer after use,whereas in blood tests it usually leaves the system within a couple of days.

So isn't it obvious someone who had smoked weed 3 days ago would want a blood test knowing that it most likely wouldn't show up whereas they would know it would in a urine test.

Personally i couldn't care less who uses cannabis,but if you get caught using cannabis then you only have your self to blame.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, the galah said:

tried that and it worked but i'm guessing most people would have no idea that they had to do that as they never have had to in the past

Yes it is almost as if they are trying to keep the latest decisions away from public viewing. They obviously don't even look at their own web page or it would have been fixed weeks ago.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Seems he had trouble on the night,so he says,,so they asked him to attend the cambridge jockey club,10 minutes from where he lives,the next morning,but he never turned up.

Did he forget ?

I remember that Waimate fella forgetting to provide a sample and driving straight home from Forbury one night.

Both getting on a bit so maybe just and age thing like me not remembering what I went to the fridge for.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Yes it is almost as if they are trying to keep the latest decisions away from public viewing. They obviously don't even look at their own web page or it would have been fixed weeks ago.

News section poorly updated with last entry being January 23rd

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

News section poorly updated with last entry being January 23rd

They're too busy knee-deep in videos, scouting for the next 'whipping rule' offender, all to fund their opulent wages in a bloated org that's doing it's best to drag down the harness racing industry. I believe in following the rules but after reading some of the reports have got no time for them at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

They're too busy knee-deep in videos, scouting for the next 'whipping rule' offender, all to fund their opulent wages in a bloated org that's doing it's best to drag down the harness racing industry. I believe in following the rules but after reading some of the reports have got no time for them at all.

The Tracey Healy charges seem so unnecessary. It's like she was found guilty of not putting the rubbish out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

The Tracey Healy charges seem so unnecessary. It's like she was found guilty of not putting the rubbish out.

I'm surprised they didn't fine her $1000 for a less-than-spotless equipment room.

Yes, interesting decision. Has a whiff of unfairness and heavy handedness to me, and because of that, dos'nt seem right.

I don't know how legal it is by just being a licenced person , that an officer can come onto your property, especially if you're not present.

Edited by Blackie
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

So have they named the bully? 

Hj

They did in their decision dated 28 Feb which has since disappeared from the RIB website.

Presumably due to the suppression order in the criminal trial.

Which then begs the question why was it up there in the first place ?.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Despite the humbug of RIB website (seemingly) requiring viewers to take additional steps to access sites ‘news’ my yesterdays questions remain unanswered -

is 900 fine a fact or fiction ?

Is it usual for RIB to impose a penalty before incident is dealt with by Court proceedings ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Both getting on a bit so maybe just and age thing like me not remembering what I went to the fridge for.

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

They did in their decision dated 28 Feb which has since disappeared from the RIB website.

Do you think theres a connection there ranga

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Fact !!!

I was told that the person who held him while he was beaten wasn't charged which in itself pretty weird. woodend getting a bit of a  reputation.  what with the southland trainer still on remand for rape. That happened at the beach I'm reliably told. 

Hj

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Honestjohn said:

I was told that the person who held him while he was beaten wasn't charged which in itself pretty weird. woodend getting a bit of a  reputation.  what with the southland trainer still on remand for rape. That happened at the beach I'm reliably told. 

Hj

To be fair we do not know both sides of the story!

Maybe just maybe, there was a reason for the hiding, just asking?

• Like 2