Bit Of A Yarn

New Court Date !

Some will know what actually happened on the Coast, but at this stage some are commenting and casting the stone already!

I do not condone violence, however I reiterate we should not be having a Kangaroo Court on BOAY, without knowing the circumstances!

Yes there are far better ways of handling things, but from the grapevine, it appears that it could well have been a domestic based issue!

These can become extremely problematical and people handle these things differently!

As Chief says if the defendant was an All Black he would probably not get attacked the same way?

Hopefully this matter can be resolved and the problem’s and issues of the defendant improve!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Shame he isn't an All Black - he'd get off.

As you know Chief, the accused doesn't even need to be an All Black to be gifted a free pass for almost any kind of offending, including repeated violence toward a female partner / ex partner. 

All that's needed to gain that free pass is the following.

1) be a promising Rugby player who one day may or may not travel overseas with his rugby. 

2) express remorse for repeatedly bashing the daylights out of his female partner / ex partner. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walt said:

As you know Chief, the accused doesn't even need to be an All Black to be gifted a free pass for almost any kind of offending, including repeated violence toward a female partner / ex partner. 

All that's needed to gain that free pass is the following.

1) be a promising Rugby player who one day may or may not travel overseas with his rugby. 

2) express remorse for repeatedly bashing the daylights out of his female partner / ex partner. 

that reminds me byron kelleher is back in the news again. Seems like he had so many free passes along the way. If the system had just treated him like anyone else then he may not have done the things he has ended up doing.Then again the justice system has pretty weak consequences these days for people who commit any crime. Also,when it comes to domestic violence,some people,especially women,seem to go from one abusive partner to another. I think low self esteem is a large factor for the women who do that. 

My view from my life experiences is people don't change. What they can do is modify their behavior. For example stop drinking alcohol if alcohol is the trigger for their abusive behavior. But of course most don't stop,or if they do,still occasionally lapse and their bad behavior surfaces again.

people should just accept who they are and behave so all the things good about them is how they lead their lives. Of course i know thats an unrealistic view,but people should at least try.

Also,i think people who do these type of things often look to deflect blame by raising other factors.

Also people who do things they shouldn't ,whether it be even something as simple as lying or manipulating,well they become better at it the more they do it. Also they become more skilled at amnipulating others,e.g. partner,and that can lead to poor behavior from a partner who has weaknesses like alcohol which trigger their bad behavior.

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, the galah said:

that reminds me byron kelleher is back in the news again. Seems like he had so many free passes along the way. If the system had just treated him like anyone else then he may not have done the things he has ended up doing.Then again the justice system has pretty weak consequences these days for people who commit any crime. Also,when it comes to domestic violence,some people,especially women,seem to go from one abusive partner to another. I think low self esteem is a large factor for the women who do that. 

My view from my life experiences is people don't change. What they can do is modify their behavior. For example stop drinking alcohol if alcohol is the trigger for their abusive behavior. But of course most don't stop,or if they do,still occasionally lapse and their bad behavior surfaces again.

people should just accept who they are and behave so all the things good about them is how they lead their lives. Of course i know thats an unrealistic view,but people should at least try.

Also,i think people who do these type of things often look to deflect blame by raising other factors.

Also people who do things they shouldn't ,whether it be even something as simple as lying or manipulating,well they become better at it the more they do it. Also they become more skilled at amnipulating others,e.g. partner,and that can lead to poor behavior from a partner who has weaknesses like alcohol which trigger their bad behavior.

I was a great fan of Otagos Rugby but never liked Byron Kelleher, just a thug and a person's true character shows when under the influence.

I know when ones a bit younger you can allow a few discrepancies but this fuckers getting on a bit now.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Any comment re the victim / plaintiff?

Not really Ranga at this stage!

I do not know what the events were that caused the defendant to attack the plaintiff!

I am sure there have been times in your life when you felt like punching someone, even though you may not have carried it out,

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I am sure there have been times in your life when you felt like punching someone, even though you may not have carried it out,

Never considered punching any one. I'd come off second best.

Not beyond skullduggery on the sports field mind you !!!

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

Never considered punching any one. I'd come off second best.

Not beyond skullduggery on the sports field mind you !!!

Maradona / Rangatira ........both are AAA rated star players (and with three A's in the name ) . 

Both can 'handle' the pressure on the sports field ?.

and can 'Kick ?' a goal should the Big occasion ask for it. 😅

argentina-had-a-helping-hand-1522045302_656x450.jpg.9992cb84ef5032a63879640358dc9523.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Maradona / Rangatira ........both are AAA rated star players (and with three A's in the name ) . 

Both can 'handle' the pressure on the sports field ?.

and can 'Kick ?' a goal should the Big occasion ask for it. 😅

argentina-had-a-helping-hand-1522045302_656x450.jpg.9992cb84ef5032a63879640358dc9523.jpg

And due to my healthy lifestyle I am still alive !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/02/2024 at 9:40 PM, Brodie said:

Some will know what actually happened on the Coast, but at this stage some are commenting and casting the stone already!

I do not condone violence, however I reiterate we should not be having a Kangaroo Court on BOAY, without knowing the circumstances!

Yes there are far better ways of handling things, but from the grapevine, it appears that it could well have been a domestic based issue!

These can become extremely problematical and people handle these things differently!

As Chief says if the defendant was an All Black he would probably not get attacked the same way?

Hopefully this matter can be resolved and the problem’s and issues of the defendant improve!

Well, 

If it is a domestic based issue….the person should not have taken the law into his own hands and beat someone up!! Seems those involved in Harness make all sorts of excuses.. it annoys me

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Well, 

If it is a domestic based issue….the person should not have taken the law into his own hands and beat someone up!! Seems those involved in Harness make all sorts of excuses.. it annoys me

Fair enough, but people handle things differently, depending on the circumstances, the truth will out as to what actually happened!

Dont condone the violence however there will be two sides to the story!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Fair enough, but people handle things differently, depending on the circumstances, the truth will out as to what actually happened!

Dont condone the violence however there will be two sides to the story!

Have you ever wanted to punch someone (aside from me) ?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Have you ever wanted to punch someone (aside from me) ?

hahaha that's not possible . No one known would punch out the great maori chief ever.

The foremost authority on nz harness ever. A great of the sport.

Brodster is more of a pacifist and unlikely to swing the arms . The bloke who made a vaccine might be in a spot of bother , or Labour party, or TAB , but apart from that i'm sure he would buy you a beer old Ranga mate. 

WHo is this to prove your mettle? lol 😅🤣  big Nz winner ? lol

LaCoocaracha.jpg.4dab13300b3f8383ab8be10bb6148952.jpg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The Cockroach

Cockroaches are normally NSW . 😅.      This Vic coochroach did try and win there in the Interdominion but had to settle for 2nd after a wide trip to the ex-pat kiwiman Brent Lilley who got Gavin Lang to steer his horse to Victory. seen here in photo the late Gavin Lang and his 'Game' little trotter.2002-tr-Game-Bid.jpg.aeb44f522d58e867c257fd9239dfd42a.jpg

Edited by Gammalite
  • Haha 1