Bit Of A Yarn

Mango No Longer ?

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

I noticed Aye Aye Captain in at Auckland on Friday but now trained by Mathew White.

Further digging shows Brent Mangos is neither Licensed as a Trainer or Driver.

Sad.

Where has he gone. Is he sick or has he just pulled the pin on harness?

Another trainer gone from the North, the fields there at Auckland this week are terrible.

1 minute ago, Nowornever said:

Where has he gone. Is he sick or has he just pulled the pin on harness?

Another trainer gone from the North, the fields there at Auckland this week are terrible.

Property was on the market a couple of yeas ago.

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

Property was on the market a couple of yeas ago.

The writing is on the wall for Auckland harness. Only a few bigger trainers keeping the game going. If any of Herlihy, Telfer, Green, Michelle and Bernie or Barry Purdon chucked it in it then Harness would go downhill pretty quickly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Ranga,I'm told Mangos chucked Licenses in before they were stripped off him.

More sad for the innocent victims of his offending.

oh dear .. wonder what he's done 😪 .. was driving Hawera a month ago and got the usual Mango whip suspension. 

sounds like off the track stuff has gone bad.😪

• Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

The writing is on the wall for Auckland harness. Only a few bigger trainers keeping the game going. If any of Herlihy, Telfer, Green, Michelle and Bernie or Barry Purdon chucked it in it then Harness would go downhill pretty quickly.

Indeed true ,but with horse numbers as they are there should be at least a serious effort to increase numbers of horses ready to race NOW. No use providing breeding bonus's and big stakes for next years races when the need is now/yesterday. 20-30 horses from lower in the Country would be a help.

Results of wagering this week in North will be terrible , Thursday at Cambridge and tiny fields on Friday , v both Rugby and Warriors opening game !

Southern numbers will hold up and those Clubs must be wondering how long will they be giving the North a leg-up !

But then do the South Islanders want to see the ATC trotting fold ....HRNZ may not be keen to dish out the current funding for Cambridge /Manawatu and some grass track racing which would eat into the Southerns Sunday wagering !

• Like 1

Well i don't know what Brent Mangos has done , but must be pretty bad. 

on top of all the Ben Yole extreme controversy too in Tassie ... and Westport bashing and that. 

Harness racing is looking jolly poor these days 😪

Ben Yole got Licence back in Tas racing recently. was warned off for race fixing and assorted welfare issues last month after a damning report from investigation.... but is re-instated as the "Immeadiate DQ' he got, apparently did not give him or his 3 main accomplices , the time to appeal . oh dear how sad. he's been doing this stuff for years now.  

Ben Yole started some horses at Burnie last Sunday but had to scratch 17 runners because some drivers refuse to drive for the cheat at all now.  How bad is all that stuff going for harness racing? place is going to the pack worldwide.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well i don't know what Brent Mangos has done , but must be pretty bad. 

on top of all the Ben Yole extreme controversy too in Tassie ... and Westport bashing and that. 

Harness racing is looking jolly poor these days 😪

Ben Yole got Licence back in Tas racing recently. was warned off for race fixing and assorted welfare issues last month after a damning report from investigation.... but is re-instated as the "Immeadiate DQ' he got, apparently did not give him or his 3 main accomplices , the time to appeal . oh dear how sad. he's been doing this stuff for years now.  

Ben Yole started some horses at Burnie last Sunday but had to scratch 17 runners because some drivers refuse to drive for the cheat at all now.  How bad is all that stuff going for harness racing? place is going to the pack worldwide.   

I think the clue about mr mangos was in a handful of articles written over recent months by Peter Profit.

I'm not 100% sure ,but thats my guess putting 2& 2 together.

Mangos certainly drove like an angry man a few months ago,as we noted on bit of a yarn,that night against chilcott when he deliberately ran her off the track for no apparent reason, but in hindsight he obviously was under immense pressure with other things on his mind.. 

Very sad and two sides to every story,but taupiri wonders observations certinly  very relevant.  

The ben yole thing is nothing but a disater for tasmanian and australian harness racing.Having him and his co defendants still competeing means no one will trust the integrity of all tasmanian harness racing anymore while he is there.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Ranga,I'm told Mangos chucked Licenses in before they were stripped off him.

More sad for the innocent victims of his offending.

So what I heard about a year ago are true? I was in Auckland once and we went for brekky at pukekohe. With a trainer when mango walked past. This trainer who has a great sense of humor said,  poor old mango,  he always looks like someone just told him his mum died.  I've never met him. 

Hj

6 hours ago, the galah said:

I think the clue about mr mangos was in a handful of articles written over recent months by Peter Profit.

I'm not 100% sure ,but thats my guess putting 2& 2 together.

Mangos certainly drove like an angry man a few months ago,as we noted on bit of a yarn,that night against chilcott when he deliberately ran her off the track for no apparent reason, but in hindsight he obviously was under immense pressure with other things on his mind.. 

Very sad and two sides to every story,but taupiri wonders observations certinly  very relevant.  

The ben yole thing is nothing but a disater for tasmanian and australian harness racing.Having him and his co defendants still competeing means no one will trust the integrity of all tasmanian harness racing anymore while he is there.

Watch his 'final' drive, on Aye Aye Captain. Specifically from the 400. The horse outside him had attacked for the lead a lap out. 
Shocked the Stewards believed him.

25 minutes ago, Spatchcock said:

Watch his 'final' drive, on Aye Aye Captain. Specifically from the 400. The horse outside him had attacked for the lead a lap out. 
Shocked the Stewards believed him.

Interesting observation.

To me it was hard to tell from the way he was holding the reins that he had deliberately run out to interfere with the horse outside him,but a telling factor was his horses head was straight as,then all of a sudden went a bit side on, like they do when being steered outwards. Interfered with 5 different horses through its sudden movement outwards.

Hard to guess what he was thinking,as has often been the case with him,but perhaps he was trying to give tony herlihy a run who was in behind him. Maybe they are mates.

Personally i had been telling someone i know for the last 2 years that mangos had lost it driving wise and couldn't be backed due to his erratic driving.I think there have been many instances of that.

I had actually started a couple of threads about it on here.

Seems we were seeing a symptom with the cause only coming to light recently.Pressure efects different people in different ways.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3

Mango finished his driving so seems have the North Island bought in Russian mail Order drivers now? 

The Fast class at Cambridge won tonight by Kristina DeniTooFastanova taking the victory 😎. on Fernleigh Cash 

Harrison get the flick from driving Telfers ? .  or gone to Russia on Nz exchange program ?😁😉  

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Mango finished his driving so seems have the North Island bought in Russian mail Order drivers now? 

The Fast class at Cambridge won tonight by Kristina DeniTooFastanova taking the victory 😎. on Fernleigh Cash 

Harrison get the flick from driving Telfers ? .  or gone to Russia on Nz exchange program ?😁😉  

I think Alicia is on injured list so resting from driving currently.

She was involved in a very serious car accident in past two years ,was quite lucky to survive !

The 'new girl' had a dream debut with a good win but the Stewards showed little understanding and lightened her purse of NZ$200 for breach of push out rule !

There is a short interview with her on FB....on Jo Stevens' page .....Track Chat

Jo does a lot of good work in Harness , as well as being a Trainer ,Mum ,pre-trainer ,rehomer etc etc

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Honestjohn said:

Stitched himself up I'm told.  We have decisions in life,  is this wrong??  Yes it is. 

Hj

We are clearly getting different sides to the background HJ?