Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside - pretty new graphics???????

Great to see Trackside and Entain trying to make harness racing great again in NZ!

They want to get people excited again and get then into wagering to increase turnover so that racing remains viable!

SERIOUSLY, who was the DICKHEAD who came up with getting rid of showing the PLACE DIVIDENDS on the screen??????

Whoever it was must be seriously lacking any semblance of business sense, if they think that it is going to attract wagering solely on the Win!!!!

All they are now showing is the FIXED WIN and TOTE WIN odds alongside each other!

What an absolute balls up if they think this is going to be beneficial for wagering!

Yes there is your phone or ipad or computer that will show the place odds, but seriously how could this decision be beneficial to punters and the TAB to increase turnover???

People will say give it a chance but get real, it is idiotic!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

This is great entertainment. 

Entain can you lower the AML to $100 and bring in more mile racing! That would just about end it for Brodie. His head would explode. 

eating-popcorn-michael-jackson.gif

No it would end it for harness racing!

How is it beneficial for anyone,?

Punters arent going to bet into place, when it is a mystery as to what the place odds are unless they are on an ipad or phone?

What is their reasoning, as they say they eant to provide more info for the punter, and yet they take away important info?

Yes they do make some bloody strange decisions.

I wonder if they actually do research or surveys into what the punter actually wants or does some bloke just come up with these ridiculous ideas off the top of his head and thinks he knows best.

Apparently there was no consultation with punters on the design or user friendliness of the useless TAB website we ended up with, and it was just done by people who thought they knew best.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Yes they do make some bloody strange decisions.

I wonder if they actually do research or surveys into what the punter actually wants or does some bloke just come up with these ridiculous ideas off the top of his head and thinks he knows best.

Apparently there was no consultation with punters on the design or user friendliness of the useless TAB website we ended up with, and it was just done by people who thought they knew best.

Lets hear from the TAB as to why they have decided to end showing the Place dividends?

Seriously, it does look like they want to put people off wagering with them on racing!

This is another stuff up which they will end up having to reverse as there is no logic to it whatsoever!

Don't think it hurts to have a fresh look but nothings changed for the better, I noticed no place odds , the old outdated one had them, also moving to freeview, it's only on UHF, not Satellite freeview but it is now or the freeview app you get on TVs, so probably its just giving the same people who watch different options as to what way they watch, they are still having the premiere channel on Sky, that's where they will increase coverage on big days so they havnt divorced from Sky at all.

Not only place dividends missing but the printing on the tv screen is a bit too small. I have good long sight but have to really look hard to read the trainers/drivers details they are giving us. Ok on the computer. They say they want to show more of the animal but increasing the printing size just a little bit wouldn't take much room. Full marks for trying to improve things but a little bit of tweaking required together with the place dividends which are crucial.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, thrillsnspills said:

Don't try to fix what's not broken......except in this case its broken beyond repair... to little to late dose yea head in.... man I need a whiskey.

It is a terrible decision to not be showing place odds!!

Can anyone workout why on earth they would even think there is any positives to doing this???
Does the TAB expect punters who are watching Trackside to just bet without any idea of what the place odds are??

This is going go backfire on whoever approved this!

Edited by Brodie

Its a big stuff up Brodie my wife and her friends back a good place bet more than a winner often gets a tidy sum at the end of the day. when she watched the present the look was..... lets just say there would be a big mess to clean up if she had her way with the TV 😄

• Like 1

Agree with place odds.  Also they used to have a ticker on the bottom of the screen to tell you what races were upcoming on both channels and when a race started on another channel.  I miss that and I'm sure I'll miss it on Saturdays!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nowornever said:

This is great entertainment. 

Entain can you lower the AML to $100 and bring in more mile racing! That would just about end it for Brodie. His head would explode. 

eating-popcorn-michael-jackson.gif

1100 mobile at Addington ?

Could someone who represents the TAB or Entain please advise us who approved this total stuff up?

What is there reasoning to ditch showing what place odds are?????

Entain obviously DOES NOT care about racing in NZ!!

4 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Better to send them an email and post it here along with their response.

They wouldnt respond Ranga!

They are clueless and this is such a mistake that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Is there a single person that can see the reason they have done this???????.

Why even show Win Odds?

Just bet blind!

1 hour ago, Mark D said:

Agree with place odds.  Also they used to have a ticker on the bottom of the screen to tell you what races were upcoming on both channels and when a race started on another channel.  I miss that and I'm sure I'll miss it on Saturdays!

And of course when they change channels because of a delay like just happened

27 minutes ago, Kane21 said:

Do you bet place Brodie?

Just makes no sense to have changed the previous format that Worked!

So you have these win odds up both tote and fixed and some are say at $50 to win!

Punters arent going to be taking that but would be interested to see what the place are?

They are going to be losing a lot of turnover over this, you watch!