Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside - pretty new graphics???????

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The new graphics are shyte.  Wrong font and you have to have a big TV to read them or be Mr McGoo or sit closer.

I calculate at least 3 bar leaners closer to read the "information"!

I am also missing the pools amount information that used to be on the old graphics.

personally i like the changes and the colours. 

Much easier on the eye.

Also entain to be congragulated for making trackside available on freeview. Hopefully that means if we go to a motel then we will be able to watch trackside now. That was always a big problem previously.

I guess the..no place fixed odds anymore..comes under "the dividends displayed reflecting the popularity of products" that entain referred to in their press release.They hadn't been showing the tote place odds for a year or two anyway.

I can see why, if you like to place bet, you could be a little frustrated,but if your betting you would see them at the terminal you were using to put a bet on.

Not showing the place dividends on ff probably more of a drawback if you were on course. I suppose they will have to provide tv screens with them on for on course patrons.

If you look at any of the betting pools,the win pools generally are 3-5x more win than is in the place pools. Not quite so in nz,but certainly with australia pools.

Overall i think the changes made are good.

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Yes but you are sitting three feet from the TV with your glasses on.

I've done a poll and everyone hates it.  Sure it is only a poll of 20 people but...

mr magoo GIF

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've done a poll and everyone hates it.  Sure it is only a poll of 20 people but...

mr magoo GIF

I'm guessing entain or sky or whoever ,who are behind the new graphics would have spent a bit of money,done their research and would have taken feedback from pilot audiences of punters before they made the changes.thats my guess.

They won't be like the nz tab were,when they came up with the disastrous new webiste a few years ago.

Edited by the galah

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

mr magoo GIF

reminds me of that joan rivers quote. She said...the other day i  noticed a peeping tom looking through my window. as i undressed the peeper pulled the blinds.... or something like that.

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

I'm guessing entain or sky or whoever ,who are behind the new graphics would have spent a bit of money,done their research and would have taken feedback from pilot audiences of punters before they made the changes.thats my guess.

You would probably be wrong. The graphics look very similar to the ones used on Aussie racing channnels.

If anything it is a copy of something entain has going in one of their other jurisdictions with different colours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

They won't be like the nz tab were,when they came up with the disastrous new webiste a few years ago.

Rubbish Galah!

There is not one person I have spoken to today thinks that any of it introduced is of benefit to punters!

What research have they done?

None, and the Natives will become restless!

Total nillness from TAB!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the galah said:

Much easier on the eye.

Also entain to be congragulated for making trackside available on freeview. Hopefully that means if we go to a motel then we will be able to watch trackside now. That was always a big problem previously.

I guess the..no place fixed odds anymore..comes under "the dividends displayed reflecting the popularity of products" that entain referred to in their press release.They hadn't been showing the tote place odds for a year or two anyway.

I can see why, if you like to place bet, you could be a little frustrated,but if your betting you would see them at the terminal you were using to put a bet on.

Not showing the place dividends on ff probably more of a drawback if you were on course. I suppose they will have to provide tv screens with them on for on course patrons.

If you look at any of the betting pools,the win pools generally are 3-5x more win than is in the place pools. Not quite so in nz,but certainly with australia pools.

Overall i think the changes made are good.

Give me one logical benefit of putting up the 2 win options alongside each other?

So if the tote win odds are a lot more than the fixed win odds, everyone will whip into the tote win odds not knowing what is in the tote pool?

The place pools fixed and tote are every bit as popular as win pools!!!

You will have people who have been watching Trackside that will nlt bother and will not be betting without place odds up.

You could tell today that the presenters were having difficulty with not having place odds up as they couldnt talk about them as they were not on screen!

But hey, was’nt it just great to see the speed of the greyhounds in the race some were going at 63.2 km per  hour and some were 63.4km per hour!

How spoilt we are going to be having so much detail!

With respect, Just makes you wonder how these Clowns get in these positions?

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

Some people thought putting a cigarette lighter on the end of a coat hanger was a great idea.

I wonder if they sought feedback on the new layout prior to implementing it? People tend to be creatures of habit and don't like change so if you're going to change something you need to be sure of it.

If the TAB wanted to prioritize a desperately needed upgrade they should start with that pig of a betting platform. I have little or no confidence and still feel dirty on the fiasco several weeks back. I stopped wagering a few weeks ago so am spared the aggravation......or just as importantly, the prospect of it returning at any moment. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Furlong said:

Not only place dividends missing but the printing on the tv screen is a bit too small. I have good long sight but have to really look hard to read the trainers/drivers details they are giving us. Ok on the computer. They say they want to show more of the animal but increasing the printing size just a little bit wouldn't take much room. Full marks for trying to improve things but a little bit of tweaking required together with the place dividends which are crucial.

Totally agree. Maybe background colour not good

3 hours ago, the galah said:

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

You would probably be wrong. The graphics look very similar to the ones used on Aussie racing channnels.

If anything it is a copy of something entain has going in one of their other jurisdictions with different colours

so to me that means i'm right,not wrong like you say.

Or are you saying the similar graphics used on the sky aussie racing channels were put in place with no market research? That wouldn't be the case surely.

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Or are you saying the similar graphics used on the sky aussie racing channels were put in place with no market research? That wouldn't be the case surely.

Appears not.  The market research I've done resoundingly says the changes are crap.  Then again it has been announced that OPSM and Specsavers are now sponsoring the next tranche od novelty races.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Rubbish Galah!

There is not one person I have spoken to today thinks that any of it introduced is of benefit to punters!

What research have they done?

None, and the Natives will become restless!

Total nillness from TAB!!

Well i like them and my wife likes them

Personally i think its a big improvement,but i realise its a personal thing.

I think you will come to like it in time,maybe,although not the no place dividend bit..

the wife just flicked it on to have another look at what may be bothering people,and there was a split screen of two meetings due to a false start. A much better split screen than i've seen before.

As to the research,i'm sure entain being such a huge global wagering giant would have done market research about this type of thing or seen the market research and viewer feedback from the entity providing the coverage.

And you must give credit to entain for getting racing coverage on freeview.thats got to be a good thing.

Give me one logical benefit of putting up the 2 win options alongside each other?

So if the tote win odds are a lot more than the fixed win odds, everyone will whip into the tote win odds not knowing what is in the tote pool?

The place pools fixed and tote are every bit as popular as win pools!!!

You will have people who have been watching Trackside that will nlt bother and will not be betting without place odds up.

You could tell today that the presenters were having difficulty with not having place odds up as they couldnt talk about them as they were not on screen!

But hey, was’nt it just great to see the speed of the greyhounds in the race some were going at 63.2 km per  hour and some were 63.4km per hour!

How spoilt we are going to be having so much detail!

With respect, Just makes you wonder how these Clowns get in these positions?

But were you complaining when they had the same two win dividends up before todays changes.And they have had the speed the greyhounds run at for a while now.Had you watched the dogs recently from dunedoo or goondiwindi ,you would have seen that.

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, Walt said:

If the TAB wanted to prioritize a desperately needed upgrade they should start with that pig of a betting platform. I have little or no confidence and still feel dirty on the fiasco several weeks back. I stopped wagering a few weeks ago so am spared the aggravation......or just as importantly, the prospect of it returning at any moment. 

when entain delivered their financial results for their global business last month, in it the deputy ceo said about nz,"the platform migration from the old,sort of state run nz tab business onto the australian platform is due in the 2nd quarter. So thats a nice catalyst and a real focus."

so that sounds like what you refer to may be coming soon?

I think entain are making some really good changes myself,the only thing i find disappointing so far is the australian betting pools on nz harness are bigger with TABCORP. Its just a shame they can't commingle with them as well or do something about taking steps to do so.

17 minutes ago, the galah said:

Well i like them and my wife likes them

Personally i think its a big improvement,but i realise its a personal thing.

I think you will come to like it in time,maybe,although not the no place dividend bit..

the wife just flicked it on to have another look at what may be bothering people,and there was a split screen of two meetings due to a false start. A much better split screen than i've seen before.

As to the research,i'm sure entain being such a huge global wagering giant would have done market research about this type of thing or seen the market research and viewer feedback from the entity providing the coverage.

And you must give credit to entain for getting racing coverage on freeview.thats got to be a good thing.

But were you complaining when they had the same two win dividends up before todays changes.And they have had the speed the greyhounds run at for a while now.Had you watched the dogs recently from dunedoo or goondiwindi ,you would have seen that.

Everyone is allowed their opinions obviously, we now live in a democratic country unlike what we had for the last 6 years!

I have yet to hear from anyone as to the benefit of removing PLACE dividends from the Trackside screeen!

Absolute lunacy and TAB or Entain have not done research on what the punters want at all, or they would not have changed what was working!

Galah, have you ever heard from anyone at all complaining about the way the Fixed Odds or tote odds were displayed  on Trackside?????

Not sure at all what you mean about me complaining about having the two win dividends up before,  never mentioned this at all, as it didnt bother me at all.

Anyway it is not up to Brodie to determine how the TAB and Entain operate their Trackside channel but I can guarantee that it is going to cost them a helluva lot of wagering and loss of revenue!

You watch the complaints that come in and if I was a betting man, I would bet that there will be some major changes to this current format!

Not sure about your TV but I reckon the pictures are a lot hazier than they were for some reason!

Anyway good to have debate and far better than the loveathon on the Darkside forum.

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not sure at all what you mean about me complaining about having the two win dividends up before,  never mentioned this at all, as it didnt bother me at all.

I just mentioned that because you mentioned it earlier

Its funny you think the pictures are a lot hazier,as my wife and i have been saying they look much clearer..

Agree its good to debate these things as we watch enough of it to have informed opinions whatever they may be.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

Entain’s Chief Media Officer Christopher Haigh, states that their new look has more space for live racing video to be displayed, alongside providing viewers with more of the key betting information they need!

What an absolute load of BS, they have taken away so much of the key betting info required!!!!
Mr Haigh must be on some pretty strong stuff that has made him delusional?

• Haha 2

I think the idea is to have everyone on their smartphones on the platform, sitting in front of TV at home and reality is anyone sitting at home watching at home is probably doing that now, where you have all the info, basically turning every fucker into a zombie, im not sure if they are exploiting a gambling addiction or a internet addiction, i actually think more the latter.

I'm still prepared to wait till after the weekend before passing judgment on the new tv presentation but I do think it's a bit of a oddball looking arrangement.

• Like 1

They've basically removed the amount of data on screen (which of course everyone is used to) but have made some weird decisions on what to show eg rather than showing commentators picks at the bottom left of the screen they now put them in a larger graphic along the bottom of the screen with a picture of the commentator included.  Must have done the change based on a focus group solely made up with the commentators.

• Haha 1

Agree having no place prices displayed is stupid/annoying. 

I've done a survey of 1 person (my Mother in her 70's) and she is most upset, can no longer read/see the information on screen, was talking about wearing her glasses now and sitting closer, and she's got a big TV 60"+.  And she's not just complaining because it's something new, she just simply could see/read the information clearly before, now she can't.

You couldnt make this up!

Christopher Haigh also stated “it’s believed the new dividends display will have a new renewed focus on fixed odds betting which now dwarfs tote betting for most meetings and is therefore a far more accurate guide of the market” 😂 

Mr Haigh if fixed odds is what people want the info on, can you please advise us all why you REMOVED THE FIXED ODDS PLACE ODDS?????????

Why dont they just come out and tell us the real reason that they are trying to stuff racing?

This is going to be an absolute disaster for the TAB without doubt!

16 hours ago, the galah said:

I am saying they didn't do any research and just used an off the shelf graphics package already in commission somewhere else and changed the logo and colour

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

You couldnt make this up!

Christopher Haigh also stated “it’s believed the new dividends display will have a new renewed focus on fixed odds betting which now dwarfs tote betting for most meetings and is therefore a far more accurate guide of the market” 😂 

Mr Haigh if fixed odds is what people want the info on, can you please advise us all why you REMOVED THE FIXED ODDS PLACE ODDS?????????

Why dont they just come out and tell us the real reason that they are trying to stuff racing?

This is going to be an absolute disaster for the TAB without doubt!

THey've been pushing the FO betting for the last few years.  I'm not sure if the codes would be happy with this because there is a guaranteed return from the Tote betting which used to be higher than the FO. That may have changed but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I am saying they didn't do any research and just used an off the shelf graphics package already in commission somewhere else and changed the logo and colour

yes i get that.. But i was meaning,well even if they did that,given you suggested it was similar to something sky racing australia was doing,then doesn't it make sense that sky racing,would have done some research before they had introduced it and that sky racing would be aware of customer feedback.

I still think a global giant like entain,who saw its revenue increase to 4.78 billion pounds last year,would have a research and marketing department for this type of thing.

• Haha 1