Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside - pretty new graphics???????

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

doesn't it make sense that sky racing,would have done some research before they had introduced it and that sky racing would be aware of customer feedback.

Yes it does but it never stopped the TAB ignoring such feedback and ploughing on regardless when they made changes to theirs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No room for any place odds as nobody needs to see what they are!

However, plenty of room for presenters tips, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th picks but they cant all win, but we do not know what any of the place odds are??

Nobody gives a toss what Aaron White’s 4 picks out of 8 dogs are that covers part of the screen!
Diabolical!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Entain’s Chief Media Officer Christopher Haigh, states that their new look has more space for live racing video to be displayed.

Thanks Christopher. Noticeable on my 13.3 inch LED.

61sNapXV1SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

No room for any place odds as nobody needs to see what they are!

However, plenty of room for presenters tips, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th picks but they cant all win, but we do not know what any of the place odds are??

Nobody gives a toss what Aaron White’s 4 picks out of 8 dogs are that covers part of the screen!
Diabolical!

Aaron on fire according to the gushing with praise Gregory.

• Haha 1

I don't know what TV @the galah watches but it must be 85inch and he has binoculars because these new graphics are shyte and near impossible to read from a distance.

My personal poll is now 40 against with 1 for saying they liked the colours.  Well until I pointed out they were close to tangerine and blue.

The font isn't readable and the contrast colours dont contrast enough to make the type font clear.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't know what TV @the galah watches but it must be 85inch and he has binoculars because these new graphics are shyte and near impossible to read from a distance.

My personal poll is now 40 against with 1 for saying they liked the colours.  Well until I pointed out they were close to tangerine and blue.

The font isn't readable and the contrast colours dont contrast enough to make the type font clear.

Maybe he has binoculars, that's where everyone's going wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well people I've been watching a bit this afternoon as well as watching our mighty women's cricket team and my thoughts on the new trackside is to coin a phrase once used by Frank Spencer, it needs a few minor adjustments.

Sometimes you do wonder if the people making these changes understand what an average racing follower wants, as in info.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Well people I've been watching a bit this afternoon as well as watching our mighty women's cricket team and my thoughts on the new trackside is to coin a phrase once used by Frank Spencer, it needs a few minor adjustments.

Sometimes you do wonder if the people making these changes understand what an average racing follower wants, as in info.

What was actually wrong with the way it was before?
What has the changes actually achieved?

What I do know is that it is to the detriment of racing and although they wont say it, the presenters and commentators wont be thinking it is an improvement!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I must be watching a different station than everyone else.

I need glasses to read bit of a yarn when seated in front of the computer unless i increase the size of the letters,but without glasses,i can see the dividends as plain as on trackside from the far wall in my bedroom,with the tv in far corner.

Perhaps everyone you've polled chief is long sighted. Tell them to lean back in the lazyboy instead of leaning forward.

Remember,my wife likes it as well so thats 2 for the new graphics.

She likes the colours of the graphics that much that she wants me to paint the kitchen those colours. I've told her,honey,we rent this house.

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

There is no reason why they couldn't have the win and place odds alternating on the screen.

One thing I noticed today a lot of the official results were never shown after they left venue.

They put the results straight after race in bottom left corner then officials if at all all on right side, hard to see exotics, if you are going to do it do it right or not at all, it just enhances the viewing experience.

• Like 3

Having had another look, how hard would it be to display the win / place odds, especially the fixed odds ?

No point showing tote odds for greyhounds anyway, one bet and tote can go from 3 30 to 1 90, no one's going to bother , fixed at least you know what ya get.

Presenters never mention place odds, each way is very popular.

I do like the less clutter on screen but can't be hard to provide all the info needed, top or bottom left corner results you get sometimes, sometimes they just don't bother other times.

It simply comes down to the average Joe's viewing experience.

Entain are trying to drive turnover, I sometimes have doubts they could drive  a wheelbarrow full of horse shit.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Somebody may have already mentioned this…. But when the race is running they have the 4 horses numbers at bottom of screen…. Sometimes the leader is on the left, then it’s on right… WTF

Had noticed that as well but they are all over the place with these changes for non better!

The commentators and presenters are having trouble as well, they used to quote horses fixed place odds suggesting they would be worth a go at those odds!

They havent been able mention  to this in the past few days!

It all seems rather flat and a turnoff for many.

Is it to cut costs or just done to piss punters off?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Somebody may have already mentioned this…. But when the race is running they have the 4 horses numbers at bottom of screen…. Sometimes the leader is on the left, then it’s on right… WTF

Yeah I think it supposed to depend on the track ie right handed track leader on the right left handed on the left handed on the left but they don't always get it right (pun intended).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Had noticed that as well but they are all over the place with these changes for non better!

The commentators and presenters are having trouble as well, they used to quote horses fixed place odds suggesting they would be worth a go at those odds!

They havent been able mention  to this in the past few days!

It all seems rather flat and a turnoff for many.

Is it to cut costs or just done to piss punters off?

I think you will find the presenters are being muzzled, interesting they are touting for more on course presenters but be better to employ a couple to do some radio work, Entain bought the radio but nothings changed and it's so much easier to give people info on radio , today I note they knock off the radio at 4 45 to cover the warriers game, when a big part of the big races, /Ozzie havnt even started but that's not as bad as it was when the Cricket test were on, they didn't bother at all.

Radio and Racing go well together, just the same as Test Cricket.

I stand by my comment, they want to drive turnover but I don't believe they could drive a shit barrow.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark D said:

Yeah I think it supposed to depend on the track ie right handed track leader on the right left handed on the left handed on the left but they don't always get it right (pun intended).

I’ve stopped looking today, they could never get 3 horses in right order in running now…. So no chance 4 horses in order… as well as back to front depending on left/ right track. 
pretty bad really

So I have flicked over to Channel 2 (63) today and to fill in the gaps they have been showing dividends from Avoca and Singapore.much much later in the day. Not a great use of resources.  Thought they might be using it to transfer races right now that Eagle Farm and Caulfield are likely to clash

1 minute ago, Mark D said:

So I have flicked over to Channel 2 (63) today and to fill in the gaps they have been showing dividends from Avoca and Singapore.much much later in the day. Not a great use of resources.  Thought they might be using it to transfer races right now that Eagle Farm and Caulfield are likely to clash

Actually they did wasn't looking at the time don't know if they advised that graphically - pot luck I guess