Bit Of A Yarn

Longshots Cup Day

Newmarket

Just now, CrossCodes said:

Poor drive by Orange on Eamon MacGuire, could have easily moved in front of Tiger Tara and had the 1-1 for the whole last lap, feel sorry for the lesser owners in the Purdon stable like Anderson as they will always be driven worse and/or make the race for their bigger owners.

How do you feel for the owners in lesser stables

will never be trained to the same level as the Allstars Poor trainers are worse than poor drivers

32 minutes ago, Richie said:

Your such a negative bugger Brodie

I got guys here just happy to have a collect

2 each way on a winner for most punters better than 2 ew on a loser

2000 on a 1.50 winning shot better than 1000 on a 4.00 losing shot for most pros.

Dunno what your problem is ,please tell us

Richie, call me what you want, telling it the way it damn well is!!!

Domination is killing it!

Poor dividends and returns for the once a year attendees does absolutely nothing in getting  them back during the year.

Look, doesn’t affect my living standards whatsoever, as I am financially very secure!

However, it is going to kill the sport, as new owners are not coming into the harness industry, and punters are goi g to be fewer and far between.

just couldn’t be bothered backing any at $1.50, as there are other ways of making a lot of money without backing a horse at ridiculously short odds.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which I respect, however things are not goi g to bet any better if one trainer wins every race on Cup day that they have horses in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

GRichie, call me what you want, telling it the way it damn well is!!!

Poor dividends and returns for the once a year attendees does absolutely nothing in getting  them back during the year.

Look, doesn’t affect my living standards whatsoever, as I am financially very secure!

However, it is going to kill the sport, as new owners are not coming into the harness industry, and punters are goi g to be fewer and far between.

just couldn’t be bothered backing any at $1.50, as there are other ways of making a lot of money without backing a horse at ridiculously short odds.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which I respect, however things are not goi g to bet any better if one trainer wins every race on Cup day that they have horses in.

Fair enough reply but I know some that only go to big days racing and they happy to back Allstars and come back each Jewels ,cup day and show day

For most better backing winners than backing losers

Dunno where else you can get 1.50 return on a dollar spent.

Maybe drug dealing

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Richie, call me what you want, telling it the way it damn well is!!!

If you back anything other than the fixer from the all-stars barn you were Dreaming,, absolutely set up for that, what a run tiger Tara, different draw , different result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

EIf you back anything other than the fixer from the all-stars barn you were Dreaming,, absolutely set up for that, what a run tiger Tara, different draw , different result.

Exactly,saying that with 100m to go I thought I was going to have to eat my words,but from draws it was always going to be tough for Tiger

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Shit no. You are a mug if you cant pick out the value in behind the Purdon runners. 

I made a poltice off of Heisenburg at over 5 bucks the place FF the night before. 

Start thinking outside the square you plonker.

Plonker, That is charming!

Successful plonker though you would have to say Globe!!!!!

Dont need to think out of the square at all!

Just can’t be bothered and don’t need to be bothered betting on Cup Day as it is very monotonous with the one stable plundering all the big stakes!!!

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

Exactly,saying that with 100m to go I thought I was going to have to eat my words,but from draws it was always going to be tough for Tiger

Tiger Tara actually went far better than The Fixer, but then it got the biggest cheque!

I think that Todd went far too early when there was no need to as Tiger Tara has got great finishing speed and would’ve won, had he sat for longer!!

Edited by Brodie

7 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Shit no. You are a mug if you cant pick out the value in behind the Purdon runners. 

I made a poltice off of Heisenburg at over 5 bucks the place FF the night before. 

Start thinking outside the square you plonker.

Nice bet mate

That what I do take the hotpot to win work a few out for tris or 1st 4s and boom,a few great collects.

Add in the Allstars multis and wow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Tiger Tara actually went far better than The Fixer, but then it got the biggest cheque!

I think that Todd went far too early when there was no need to as Tiger Tara has got great finishing speed and would’ve won, had he sat for longer!!

Actually agree with you Brodie but I would never bet on a horse from that draw,if draws were swapped I would have backed Tiger

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Plonker, That is charming!

Successful plonker though you would have to say Globe!!!!!

Dont need to think out of the square at all!

Just can’t be bothered and don’t need to be bothered betting on Cup Day as it is very monotonous with the one stable plundering all the big stakes!!!

And there it is. I can't be bothered betting on race day. You are missing the point. Forget the monotony of the Purdon machine. Redial the one track mind of yours for anything All stars and start making some money.

How you ever made( supposedly) money before is beyond me with your thinking. 

I will send you my next value pick at no cost.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

And there it is. I can't be bothered betting on race day. You are missing the point. Forget the monotony of the Purdon machine. Redial the one track mind of yours for anything All stars and start making some money.

How you ever made( supposedly) money before is beyond me with your thinking. 

I will send you my next value pick at no cost.

Globe, I made money previously because I spent plenty of time studying.

I did it for the challenge rather than the money, as I am financially secure!

Nowadays I really can’t be bothered to the same extent due to the Fixed Odds offered and the restrictions.

There are other ways of making good  money without being treated like a criminal!!!

Edited by Brodie

13 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

you must like going against the tide

Brodie going against the tide?

Had to drop someone off home, as they had had enough of the small divs and difficulty in seeing the horses on the track.

Didnt mind going home as there was no value being offered.

Edited by Brodie

13 minutes ago, Richie said:

Bugger mate I wish I seen you there I could have given you a 250% return on your investment

Oh sorry it would have been an Allstars multi

Richie, as I say it is not all about the money, as I have more than enough to tide me over for a few lifetimes, but not necessarily from racing.

I have just got the stitch a bit, from the constant hassle of getting money on and the odds being offered.

Brodie no Doubt will be back at some stage!!