Bit Of A Yarn

Longshots Cup Day

Newmarket

38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Richie, as I say it is not all about the money, as I have more than enough to tide me over for a few lifetimes, but not necessarily from racing.

I have just got the stitch a bit, from the constant hassle of getting money on and the odds being offered.

Brodie no Doubt will be back at some stage!!

I actually understand where you coming from as had same prob few years back

but I got cunning,my wifes betting accounts looking good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, which I respect, however things are not goi g to bet any better if one trainer wins every race on Cup day that they have horses in.

The All-stars are magnificent. They are just so dam good. Oh, to be part of that set up.

The disagreement about the effect of this domination is a very divisive debate and probably not worth going into again. 

Unlike some, I can see both sides of it. I just hope this domination does not have effects 5 or 10 years down the track when all the big owners in other stables pull the pin because the juggernaut makes it too expensive and tough to continue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

I think that Todd went far too early when there was no need to as Tiger Tara has got great finishing speed and would’ve won, had he sat for longer!!

He didn't realize he was the only driver out there willing to make a move!

For Tiger Tara to go round that far out and have to sit parked for the rest of the race just shows how pathetic the rest of the drivers were. 

They surely can't turn around and say we can't do that....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more.

It was a  dreary procession, apart from Tiger Tara and driver, hats off to that horse and co.

The rest of the field were gutless. 

First mile  in 1.58 

What do you want everybody else to do.Only Allstars training can get horse s to race like that

Going by them sectionals Terror to love at his best would have been 10 metres from leader turning to home

That was one of the great races.

Although I am an Allstars fan Tigers run was probably the best losing run ever in the NZ cup and I have seen over 40 of them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

What do you want everybody else to do

I will suggest in years to come everyone will on sell their good horses.

I will also suggest the NZ Cup will get weaker and weaker in years to come. I can see the field being 10 horses strong in a few years.

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

Tigers run was probably the best losing run ever in the NZ cup

It would take a lot of digging to find one better.

• Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Although I am an Allstars fan Tigers run was probably the best losing run ever in the NZ cup and I have seen over 40 of them

Agree Richie. I have seen nearly 50 Cups and would have a hell of a time remembering a run as gutsy as that, considering the time of 3.52 and change. Absolute gut buster of a run. 

The connections of Tiger Tara must be gutted. So close yet so far.

Will the horse be back next year ? as a 9 yr old.

• Like 1

This is a bit controversial, but I would love to see the passing Lane gone, most races you see now are leader trail dominated, I would love to see the team driving taken out of the equation to an extent ...i.e giving the stable no 1 a soft trail knowing full well if your stablemate cops some heat during the race you'll get the passing Lane in the straight and all over...it would make trainers/drivers think more about their options and the races would be far more exciting. Alot of big races now are so predictable in the pacing side of things anyway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Alot of big races now are so predictable in the pacing side of things anyway.

The NZ Cup is over as a contest between trainers and drivers.

The All-Stars have won four of the last five Cups.

Look at the result of the junior free for all and the sires stake final. How many will the All Stars have in the race next year?

What odds would you give right now for the winner to come from outside that stable?

We could write the script now.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Reality is that after today there will be many owners looking to sell their horses overseas as they won’t see a future in ever being able to win a big race.

Yes there are some huge supporters of The AllStars stable on BOAY and of course the Darkside.

Brodie tells it the way it is as I can take the heat from them.

Of course they do a magnificent job for their owners, but most horses are not trained by The AllStars stables.

I am telling you now, this domination of filling all the places in the big races and therefore plundering the major stake money, is going to be heavily detrimental to the harness industry in the next few years.

Agree with me or not, don’t care, but Brodie is always on the money and will be once again!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The NZ Cup is over as a contest between trainers and drivers.

The All-Stars have won four of the last five Cups.

Look at the result of the junior free for all and the sires stake final. How many will the All Stars have in the race next year?

What odds would you give right now for the winner to come from outside that stable?

We could write the script now.

Its not a case of the other trainers getting better, its having the big money owners to buy the very best Bloodstock, those afore mentioned races were so bloody predictable, I made a very good profit today,. But as a spectacle it the only thing that made the cup exciting was tiger Tara.  pats delight in the junior FFA best horse in the race but you can't compete when one stable has so many in each race protecting and conserving the stables number 1horses energy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Richie said:

IT was set up for Henry Hubert to lead but he eased back.

I cant understand that

R. Dunn was saying in the pre-race interview that Henry Hubert would go forward, blah, blah, blah.... all the usual Dunn bullshit. What happens the horse does the opposite of what the trainer said and pulls back. Meanwhile, while he is pulling back the All Stars all head for the front, pace on, you have no show R. Dunn. Why do trainers like Dunn say one thing then do the total opposite? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Reality is that after today there will be many owners looking to sell their horses overseas as they won’t see a future in ever being able to win a big race.

Yes there are some huge supporters of The AllStars stable on BOAY and of course the Darkside.

Brodie tells it the way it is as I can take the heat from them.

Of course they do a magnificent job for their owners, but most horses are not trained by The AllStars stables.

I am telling you now, this domination of filling all the places in the big races and therefore plundering the major stake money, is going to be heavily detrimental to the harness industry in the next few years.

Agree with me or not, don’t care, but Brodie is always on the money and will be once again!

So what is your solution to this dilemma of yours? Stop the All Stars Stables and Emma Stewart stables from competing? How?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more.

It was a  dreary procession, apart from Tiger Tara and driver, hats off to that horse and co.

The rest of the field were gutless. 

Dream About Me? Seems a bit harsh — took the field through the first mile in 1.58 and then ran 1.56 for her second.

Incidentally, I see the All Stars will be looking for two new drivers come Friday — both Purdon and Rasmussen put out for 3 days. That might give Brodie some hope.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

Dream About Me? Seems a bit harsh — took the field through the first mile in 1.58 and then ran 1.56 for her second.

Incidentally, I see the All Stars will be looking for two new drivers come Friday — both Purdon and Rasmussen put out for 3 days. That might give Brodie some hope.?

Think they are suspended from Saturday meaning they will probably be driving on Friday

1 hour ago, Richie said:

First mile  in 1.58 

What do you want everybody else to do.Only Allstars training can get horse s to race like that

Going by them sectionals Terror to love at his best would have been 10 metres from leader turning to home

That was one of the great races.

Final Decision?

Anyway, possibly more a great losing performance by TT than a great race per se — Happy is right about it being a bit of a procession (although when they're going that quick it's not too surprising).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

Dream about me was always the fall guy for the race, Lay of the year  it was the equivalent of one of Godolphins pace makers in the thoroughbred World, just through having third string stable driver on you knew it was there for the cart up. However was very brave and went a cracker!

38 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

R. Dunn was saying in the pre-race interview that Henry Hubert would go forward, blah, blah, blah.... all the usual Dunn bullshit. What happens the horse does the opposite of what the trainer said and pulls back. Meanwhile, while he is pulling back the All Stars all head for the front, pace on, you have no show R. Dunn. Why do trainers like Dunn say one thing then do the total opposite? 

Quite agree. Can't phantom that.

12 hours ago, Basil said:

Final Decision?

Anyway, possibly more a great losing performance by TT than a great race per se — Happy is right about it being a bit of a procession (although when they're going that quick it's not too surprising).

Yes remember Final Decision. Totally flawed horse but brilliant beyond belief when he concentrated. Mind you he wouldn't have caught them  had they been running 3.52 time. 

I backed my fav Pats Delight well before the meet on FF. He didn't look right during the race, he was shaking his head around as if the tounge was over the bit.

And I'm sure my mate Robert and co would be disappointed with Jacks Legends run. Didn't finish it off, although once again at that clip the sprint home is somewhat dented.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rangatira said:

always sitting on your money

send those moths for a holiday next feb and plunder the sales

Not sure where u get that from

Spend plenty each and every year and certainly no moths to be found except when the outside doors are left open at night!

Yes several holidays coming up next year and no wouldn’t be buying any yearlings as it is a waste of time!