NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Have I been blacklisted?

Doomed

Whenever my TAB account would run a little bit low the TAB would always offer me a bonus bet of up to $100 or $150 max, matching the amount I put in, to encourage me to top it up again. This used to happen every time I got below about $20. The last time this happened was back in early April and I did ok with the bonus bet and have managed to tick away happily since then without having to top up again. Sadly, the inevitable finally happened and my account got very low again last week. Alas, no offer of a bonus bet this time.

Is this a new policy? Are they not doing bonus bets anymore? Is it because I am predominantly a tote punter? Is it because I went so long without needing to top up? Is it because I did ok with my last bonus bet?

I must admit, it has been quite disappointing. As my account started to drop away I thought oh well at least I will get another bonus bet. So I have been quite devastated really.

Could it have anything to do with the TAB chap who pops up on a Saturday and mentions how badly the TAB is doing and the punters have taken them to the cleaners yet again?

• Like 1

it might be, all of the above! or none or the above, or some of the above!

though, I think everything is rather in a state if fizzz, who does know what is actually happening?

for what its worth! 'our house' has two accounts.. both make a profit!  one gets offer$ the other doesn't! lol! guess which acc is in my name! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doomed said:

Its actually really strange. I used to always get the offer, now nothing at all.

14 hours ago, Huey said:

I think happening across the board,  I'm not getting any BB either.

I'm guessing when they went through the App upgrades they worked on customer retention.  The initial response from the customers was really negative and betting dropped off.  So it made sense to incentivise customers to retain them.

The focus now is on getting new customers particularly via the Betcha platform.  So the marketing budget which comprises Bonus Bets and Top Up's will be focussed on that platform and/or new customer acquisition.

Then again a BB is hardly a free lunch.  Basically it is a loan on credit which if your bet is successful you pay back anyway from your winnings.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shad said:

Got a bonus bet for my birthday, 

Lucky you. I must tell them when my birthday is. I have had a couple of $10 things offered midweek but that isn't worth my while trying to figure out how they work.

55 minutes ago, Doomed said:

Lucky you. I must tell them when my birthday is. I have had a couple of $10 things offered midweek but that isn't worth my while trying to figure out how they work.

So you need credit funding to have a bet?  The TAB has probably worked out that you aren't worth the effort.  Not black listed per se.  They have worked out that you don't put much of your own money into the pool and therefore your contribution to net revenue is zero or if you withdraw cash regularly a net loss.

On 9/12/2024 at 12:11 PM, Chief Stipe said:

So you need credit funding to have a bet?  The TAB has probably worked out that you aren't worth the effort.  Not black listed per se.  They have worked out that you don't put much of your own money into the pool and therefore your contribution to net revenue is zero or if you withdraw cash regularly a net loss.

I wasn't going to bother replying, but just a quick comment. Over my punting career I would have put at least $2.5m through the tote. The racing industry is guaranteed to make money off every dollar of tote betting, no such guarantee with fixed odds betting. So I have certainly made my contribution over the years.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I get a few offers from TAB & Betcha, both the same, will give 25% deposit BBs up to $50. I suppose they are offering a heap of other offers, so maybe cutting back on deposit deals

I've NEVER had a deposit offer from NZTAB and aside from the initial account opening offer and the account balance languishing @ $1 for a while, none from Betcha either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doomed said:

I wasn't going to bother replying, but just a quick comment. Over my punting career I would have put at least $2.5m through the tote. The racing industry is guaranteed to make money off every dollar of tote betting, no such guarantee with fixed odds betting. So I have certainly made my contribution over the years.

The industry Flash Harry's are no doubt grateful that you have contributed to their salaries over the years.  Assuming of course that your lifetime account has run at a loss to you.

The horse owners are also grateful that you have contributed to the meagre stake returns.  Assuming your lifetime account has run at a net loss to you.

However what I don't get is why you expect "free" credit bets when your account is low or at zero.

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

However what I don't get is why you expect "free" credit bets when your account is low or at zero.

I never expected it. I actually thought it was quite a strange thing, but I did start to get used to it. I merely queried whether they had changed their approach, which obviously they have, since it had been many months since I last topped up. Obviously their promotional spending is going elsewhere. I can live with that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I never expected it. I actually thought it was quite a strange thing, but I did start to get used to it. I merely queried whether they had changed their approach, which obviously they have, since it had been many months since I last topped up. Obviously their promotional spending is going elsewhere. I can live with that.

You can always play the BB Cash if your win bet finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  Then there is the Bet Surge offers on selected win bets.

4 hours ago, curious said:

I've NEVER had a deposit offer from NZTAB and aside from the initial account opening offer and the account balance languishing @ $1 for a while, none from Betcha either.

Well, I’m more the type of person who bets Fridays, Saturday & Sunday on gallops & harness. Put on quite a few bets today, so they like those sort of puntets

8 hours ago, aquaman said:

Its now 1/2, not 1/4. They have halved the bonus bets on a Saturday, in fact they have gone from 16 bonus races to 6.

Seems punters get different bonus options, I assume those that only bet on bonus options and withdraw once they come in, get less than those that keep turning over the dosh….

15 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Seems punters get different bonus options, I assume those that only bet on bonus options and withdraw once they come in, get less than those that keep turning over the dosh….

Not so Newmarket, the bonus bets I speak of are available to all with an account and a computer.

• Like 1