Bit Of A Yarn

Online User Numbers

14 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

Unfortunately I can still see his responses when he is quoted. I still see other's responses. He also stalks by adding a laugh emoji to my posts. I have tried to ignore 

So anyone who puts an emoji against your posts is "stalking you"?

Can anyone tell me what BOAY rules are being broken?

BTW if I recall correctly it wasn't The Tank that ruined Racechat it was Wightman and Molloy.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

So anyone who puts an emoji against your posts is "stalking you"?

Can anyone tell me what BOAY rules are being broken?

BTW if I recall correctly it wasn't The Tank that ruined Racechat it was Wightman and Molloy.

if someone follows me around putting laugh emojis on my comments then yes.  I left Racecafe because of Mr T

54 minutes ago, pete said:

So everyone should just use the ignore option and you'll be in your own echo chamber.

Probably the only way you'll get anyone to agree with you.

I'm going to organise a Powder Puff Derby for you dissenters...

Dress yourself in twisted panties...and you're good to go

Special winners prize...a packet of Pink Marshmellows

Petee

When Bazz suggested I go kill meself

You told me I was a powder puff and I should harden the f up

Drink some of your own medicine pal

best 

27 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

BOAY'ers take some ownership.  Put anyone you don't like on your Ignore list.  DON'T bite, don't bait whoever if you don't want a response.

Disagree, we should not have to do that, he is a troll who purposely takes issue with many posters in an unsavory manner, for the sake of it, very rarely adding anything positive

That is the definition of trolling and as such you have the right to remove him to protect the sites good reputation

Nothing to do with free speech, all about common sense

• Champ Post 1

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

Disagree, we should not have to do that, he is a troll who purposely takes issue with many posters in an unsavory manner, for the sake of it, very rarely adding anything positive

That is the definition of trolling and as such you have the right to remove him to protect the sites good reputation

Nothing to do with free speech, all about common sense

Absolute tripe

Show me one post...where I haven't been attacked first??

Ive posted many positive threads wrt the Thoroughbred Industry...

Any successful site requires robust discussion...

Not this though...when Bazz suggested I have a mental illness and I should kill myself

Is that the kind of poster you want?

FFS - if I ban one where do I stop?  At last count there were at least 7 people who would meet the broad definition of a troll.  Geez even dear old Brodie would be gone!

The Dogs section would have been closed down ages ago.

As I said show me where anyone has breached the BOAY rules and I will deal with it.  I'm not getting into a situation where every second person is being moderated because they may say something that disagrees with someone or more importantly disagrees with me.  I'll leave that to the other site which many of you have migrated from.

Nor will I ban someone because someone who is a legend in their own lunch box (albeit a short one) wants me to aka the other site.

To those of you who are so sensitive, even when it comes to emoji's, I suggest you consider ignoring those who offend you.  Feel sorry for the troll because they are generally lonely socially inept individuals who are seeking attention.  Pity them.  Get real!  The virtual world isn't real!  Imagine what a real live troll stalking you at the pub is like! 

Here is some advice regarding trolls:

Why Do People Troll on the Internet?

Every internet troll has a different backstory and therefore different reasons for feeling the need to troll a community or an individual on the internet. They may feel depressed, attention-starved, angry, sad, jealous, narcissistic or some other emotion they may not be entirely conscious of that's influencing their online behavior.

What makes trolling so easy is that anyone can do it, and it can be done from a safe, isolated place as opposed to interacting with others in person. Trolls can hide behind their shiny computers, screen names and avatars when the go out trolling for trouble, and after they’re all done, they can carry on with their real lives without facing any real consequences. Trolling makes a lot of cowardly people feel stronger.

Dealing with Trolls

If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time or emotional distress. Try not to take anything personally and remind yourself that their bad behavior does not change who you are.

Remember that a person who seems like a troll is actually the one suffering in some way and is trying to distract themselves and make themselves feel better by taking it out on you. If you can, try to have a good laugh and think about how sad it is that people actually feel the need to insult complete strangers on the internet.

If you're feeling strong enough, you might even consider responding to them with kindness by complimenting something about them (such as their profile picture, their username, etc). This is the last thing they'll expect from you, and while you'll have to risk being trolled again, there's always a chance that your unexpected kindness could move them in a way that changes their behavior for the better.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

36 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I'm going to organise a Powder Puff Derby for you dissenters...

Dress yourself in twisted panties...and you're good to go

Special winners prize...a packet of Pink Marshmellows

Petee

When Bazz suggested I go kill meself

You told me I was a powder puff and I should harden the f up

Drink some of your own medicine pal

best 

Is that the best you can do?

You can't even troll properly...

The issue is a matter of degree

As I said, many of us have a go from time to time, including those mentioned, then get on with being a positive contributor

That is clearly not the case here and gives you the right to remove

Edited by hesi

Oh...bloody hell, harden up, you bunch of flowers. 

Life isn't always how you want it.

I caught up with a young friend on the Coast,  she's in her early thirties and was diagnosed six months ago with Motor Neurone disease. 

She's already walking with calipers and crutches and has to use a wheelchair to go any distance....she knows full well what lies ahead.  But there she was, at the races, having a beer and enjoying the day......and some of you are worried about your bruised egos..?

Ffs....

• Like 7
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Freda said:

I caught up with a young friend on the Coast,  she's in her early thirties and was diagnosed six months ago with Motor Neurone disease. 

She's already walking with calipers and crutches and has to use a wheelchair to go any distance....she knows full well what lies ahead.  But there she was, at the races, having a beer and enjoying the day......and some of you are worried about your bruised egos..?

Ffs....

Not bad sport now and then either ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Come on fellas, sticks and stones etc, thomarse obviously has a very large fishing rod (no pun intended) and gets lots of bites, just disengage! And thomarse you can engage sensibly at times and have started some interesting topics.....how about a truce for the sake of the chief who is being put in a very difficult position ?

We don't need fishermen(trolls) Des, we need many and varied, interesting and humorous posters.   

Edited by hesi
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, hesi said:

We don't need fishermen(trolls) Des, we need many and varied, interesting and humorous posters.   

Look at Sandpiper for instance.  Joined only a month ago, and already decided to try and set up a Pick 6 syndicate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freda said:

Ffs....

That is putting things in perspective Freda, I'm sure many of us could relate stories like that, I certainly have a couple.

But don't forget, a lot of work and mental stress has gone into getting BOAY to where it is, it has not been a walk in the park.  So excuse the frustration, when that is jeopardised by a troll, who actually believes they are responsible for getting things to where they are.... fantasy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hesi said:

But don't forget, a lot of work and mental stress has gone into getting BOAY to where it is, it has not been a walk in the park.  So excuse the frustration, when that is jeopardised by a troll, who actually believes they are responsible for getting things to where they are.... fantasy

I'll ask one more time hess

Where did I troll?

I worked my butt off for this site and all I got from you was "mischievous questioning"

wtf is that in Englaise please?

I'll help...Its Debate...vigorously...

You know it...when I went on Hols the thread turnover was absolutely pathetic

90% punting related

My incredible turnover included the whip debate, pictures of the year, RIU matters, Poor track reporting, JCA lying, Drug violations et el

The list was endless...you should start recognising I'm the site's essential click baiter...

put up or shut up

thanks

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I'll ask one more time hess

Where did I troll?

I worked my butt off for this site and all I got from you was "mischievous questioning"

wtf is that in Englaise please?

I'll help...Its Debate...vigorously...

You know it...when I went on Hols the thread turnover was absolutely pathetic

90% punting related

My incredible turnover included the whip debate, pictures of the year, RIU matters, Poor track reporting, JCA lying, Drug violations et el

The list was endless...you should start recognising I'm the site's essential click baiter...

put up or shut up

thanks

Deluded

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hesi said:

That is putting things in perspective Freda, I'm sure many of us could relate stories like that, I certainly have a couple.

Hesi, 

Remember this site was based on an even playing field, yes Thomarse is a loose canon, but i think fair enough that he can stay. 

Anyway, i have to say that, just in case i am one of the seven that Chief said should be banned!! 

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it's going to be great fun watching thread after thread descend into a lewd, off topic, supposedly humorous circus, that is what has been happening and no one has been able to prevent so far, regardless of any best intentions......... remind you of another site

Not a great direction for the site is it?

Scooby won't be able to believe his luck, as we tolerate a troll

Edited by hesi