Bit Of A Yarn

Balraj Drive

Happy Sunrise

They do take large win bets that they want to take going by Trackside!

Exactly my point, they offer the odds and therefore should be prepared to take the bets!

The fact is that some punters they don’t want while others they want with wide open arms!

The 4.5k bet was not value, and the TAB knew that and bet would’ve been from a welcomed punter

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

But should the stipes not ask the question why he did not come off rails early when 4 deep? 

I agree with you on that.  Drivers have a responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure their drives get the best opportunity.  Given the horse in question was known to have shown sufficient ability to be driven in a positive way combined with the tote support meant the question regarding tactics should have been asked. I don't however think that should have lead to any penalty,as poor judgment calls  by drivers happen a lot. I don't think any of us really think Thornley is dishonest.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

Tell

6 hours ago, the galah said:

I agree with you on that.  Drivers have a responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure their drives get the best opportunity.  Given the horse in question was known to have shown sufficient ability to be driven in a positive way combined with the tote support meant the question regarding tactics should have been asked. I don't however think that should have lead to any penalty,as poor judgment calls  by drivers happen a lot. I don't think any of us really think Thornley is dishonest.

Tell that to John Kriechbaumer ......straight up guy on a very average horse - amateur driver gets hammered but the professional get zilch!

J Kriechbaumer (HIGHVIEW JUSTICE)
[Rule 868(2)] - Failed take all reasonable and permissible measures to ensure horse given full opportunity.
Suspended from 05/01/2019 until 31/07/2019 inclusive.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

11 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Tell

Tell that to John Kriechbaumer ......straight up guy on a very average horse - amateur driver gets hammered but the professional get zilch!

J Kriechbaumer (HIGHVIEW JUSTICE)
[Rule 868(2)] - Failed take all reasonable and permissible measures to ensure horse given full opportunity.
Suspended from 05/01/2019 until 31/07/2019 inclusive.

The Stipes in both Islands are pathetic by picking on the AMATEURS!

Which part of amateur do the Stipes not get???

This is just another example of the Stipes picking on the easy prey and for what reason?

Seven months is ridiculous as there are just as bad drives in most races and nothing is damn well said!!!

Maybe amateur races should be taken off the punting platform??

• Like 4