Bit Of A Yarn

Balraj Drive

Happy Sunrise

Just there for a run maybe,at least that's what it looked like,certainly driven that way..    Trainer did say the $2 was a bit short,but irrespective of that sitting 4 back the fence on an average speed would be an average drive on any horse that had half a chance. They cant think its much good.

Edited by the galah

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I would have thought the bet would have come from inside the stable (surely)

I wouldn’t guarantee that Happy!

I beleive that with the TAB Bookmakers offering far shittier odds than what they used to, it has made Punters make far more riskier or dumb bets!

Yes of course the horse probably would’ve won if it began well and they wanted to win but basically risking $4;500 to double your money first up from the stand wasn’t great value in my very humble opinion!

Thing is that the Bookies won’t take big place bets now and seems to have a limit of $1000net win before they kill the odds!

They need to grow some really!,,

• Like 2

Maybe he'll be treated like this amateur driver from Cambridge last week:

J Kriechbaumer (HIGHVIEW JUSTICE)
[Rule 868(2)] - Failed take all reasonable and permissible measures to ensure horse given full opportunity.
Suspended from 05/01/2019 until 31/07/2019 inclusive.

Edited by Taku Umanga
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

5 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

dis agree with every one about the drive on this horse as if you have a look at the tape the horse was hitting the wheels on the bends and was pacing rough and had to keep taking hold of the horse 

Was that before he deceided to place it 4 back on the rails and give it no show. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

dis agree with every one about the drive on this horse as if you have a look at the tape the horse was hitting the wheels on the bends and was pacing rough and had to keep taking hold of the horse 

HTP, maybe on home bend the last time when it lost its place a touch but it was held up down the straight. Tried to weave but nowhere to go.

Be interesting to see the outcome. Today it will only be 'adjourned' as they always are.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

You would have to be a brave punter to have a big bet on a driver like Thornley, he’s always been a weak driver who seems to mould his driving style on Richard Brosnan, apart from the drive on Queen Bee Bardon where he went beserk on her and gave her no chance.

4 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

You would have to be a brave punter to have a big bet on a driver like Thornley, he’s always been a weak driver who seems to mould his driving style on Richard Brosnan, apart from the drive on Queen Bee Bardon where he went beserk on her and gave her no chance.

That was matt Anderson on queen bee bardon .certainly driven very hard. I guess that's what happens when you run in  those races. Would not surprise if that has long term effects on the horses future performances. time will tell.

Guest CrossCodes
1 hour ago, the galah said:

That was matt Anderson on queen bee bardon .certainly driven very hard. I guess that's what happens when you run in  those races. Would not surprise if that has long term effects on the horses future performances. time will tell.

Yes you were right, Thornley the regular driver isn’t he? Either way, a mad drive that set up the track record being smashed.

Shes an example of a horse that will be better off in Australia, has great gate speed and much easier to place.

9 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Yes you were right, Thornley the regular driver isn’t he? Either way, a mad drive that set up the track record being smashed.

Shes an example of a horse that will be better off in Australia, has great gate speed and much easier to place.

Yes it would be much better off in Australia,as runs like that take a toll on the body. It may already be too late after yesterday..  Whenever they run such fast times it always sets it up for an all star runner .They always  get a second wind when others are gasping.  

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Nothing to worry about. 

Actually, I don't think the stipes even saw anything to mention. 

We are in save hands. I am sure the punter who lost $4500 will feel deep consolation with the report.

image.thumb.png.13f4ad233e6931bedb475fed7252f77d.png

I think the stipes probably thought Thornley was trying and just gave a very poor tactical drive. I think they are probably right. It was just a dumb drive and normally he does better,and the person who put $4500 on  just over estimated Thornley as well as the horse.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

I think the stipes probably thought Thornley was trying and just gave a very poor tactical drive. I think they are probably right. It was just a dumb drive and normally he does better,and the person who put $4500 on  just over estimated Thornley as well as the horse.

But should the stipes not ask the question why he did not come off rails early when 4 deep? 

• Champ Post 1