Bit Of A Yarn

Wall of death

aquaman

10 hours ago, Honestly said:

Excellent true professionalism having such a large number  in at the meeting. Great animal welfare and protecting the Punter  well done. 

They would have to have been in.pretty bad shape for him to scratch them voluntarily. Poor things must think they've been on a merry go round the amount of travelling they have done in 12 days. Fucken shocking.

2 hours ago, cichlid said:

Plain  ludicrous for dogs of any age to be racing 4 times  in 11 days..  Surely the Board can come together with common sense and get this Welfare Issue that will keep lingering  sorted...Word around the traps things not all that good with  "The Doctor Of Welfare" and she could be looking after her own Welfare before too long...  

Your opinion and that’s all good doesn’t mean your right . 

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

More like tired dogs rather than motion sickness expecting 16 month puppies to have 4th race in 11 days. Have to feel sorry for these pups, given little chance to succeed. Sad thing is, the dam Punch on Jamie was a very good bitch.

What a load of utter dribble John you are yet to produce any facts once again based solely on your own opinion.

6 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What are people's take on one trainer having every dog in one race or 99% dogs in a race?

For myself that is really poor that these races are allowed to be punted on, they should be non tote You see it alot with McInerney and Cole the 2 most contraversial trainers in the country. If I was punting on the greys these would be the races I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Why? One has to win second etc . So you would like to see these as non totes small fields 8 race programs get a small slice of the pie less money for greyhounds list goes on very smart thinking.

2 hours ago, Greyhounder said:

They would have to have been in.pretty bad shape for him to scratch them voluntarily. Poor things must think they've been on a merry go round the amount of travelling they have done in 12 days. Fucken shocking.

Another know all well done taking pot shots go and hide under the rock 

2 hours ago, Greyhounder said:

Hey Junior. You didn't answer crosscodes question Where is Home bush Connor???

Again wrong person but i will play your game ... I have no idea like I said earlier I have not asked him. How about you grow a pair and ask him yourself or is that to much to ask .

13 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Why? One has to win second etc . So you would like to see these as non totes small fields 8 race programs get a small slice of the pie less money for greyhounds list goes on very smart thinking.

Any sane Punter wouldn't punt on them, it opens up all sorts of scenarios regards to the winner in my book, making them non tote would eliminate and conspiracy theories!

8 hours ago, aquaman said:

Sad thing is, the dam Punch on Jamie was a very good bitch.

4 hours ago, Honestly said:

What a load of utter dribble John you are yet to produce any facts once again based solely on your own opinion.

Change could be in the air.

Honestly & I finally agree on something!

Neither of us think Punch On Jamie was a very good bitch. 9_9

"Honestly"  Johnathan  can you remember the stayer that  "Big Mac" used to run week in and week out and he often  collapsed during the running of the race? Mac was pumping Kyno Seleen into the poor bastard (and was charged) but he kept running the dog...I still have visions of the bitches he trained that had swollen boxes on them that was so obvious and wrong because of over use of Male Hormones and consequently caused a revamp of the rules .. You are Son,  on a hiding to no where trying to cover up for this Puppy farmer,  and cheat. Clean your shoes ,sharpen up your boxing of dogs fairly and try and make good for the future.

1 hour ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

"Honestly"  Johnathan  can you remember the stayer that  "Big Mac" used to run week in and week out and he often  collapsed during the running of the race? Mac was pumping Kyno Seleen into the poor bastard (and was charged) but he kept running the dog...I still have visions of the bitches he trained that had swollen boxes on them that was so obvious and wrong because of over use of Male Hormones and consequently caused a revamp of the rules .. You are Son,  on a hiding to no where trying to cover up for this Puppy farmer,  and cheat. Clean your shoes ,sharpen up your boxing of dogs fairly and try and make good for the future.

Comon cobber,you are sounding like a 10 year,fair crack of the whip, give a guy a bit of toweling, but this bullshit.

3 hours ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Unfortunately here we go again never let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say . Give us some facts please.... what dog ? What bitches? He’s good this fella they even change the rules for him what a joke. Keep on going buddy I like your enthusiasm.

11 hours ago, Honestly said:

Unfortunately here we go again never let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say . Give us some facts please.... what dog ? What bitches? He’s good this fella they even change the rules for him what a joke. Keep on going buddy I like your enthusiasm.

Count Crackers was the dog that would collapse at the business end of the race, you will remember this Jonathon. The dog raced on Kyno Seleen to try and rectify this from happening. Count Crackers was a stayer, and on a number of occasions would crash to the deck in the home straight in horrible pain, and would have to be carried from the track. It was cruel for the dog. It was a danger to others in the field, and it was a very bad look for the image of dog racing. Never the less, this did not stop the connections or trainer from continuing to line poor Count Crackers up in staying races in the full knowledge this may happen to the dog.  What did ultimately stop it was the fact Heptapinol was discovered to be an ingredient in Kyno Seleen, and this was a prohibitive drug under the rules. This meant Count Crackers could no longer race on Kyno. This did not stop the trainer from lining the poor dog up knowing it was likely to collapse. After several more episodes of collapsing the NZGRA finally stopped it from racing. Just another example of why puppy farmers should not exist in this day and age.

Further to the above topic Count Crackers. All this occurred around 95/96/97. I well remember it because I was racing the stayer of the year against Count Crackers, and was very concerned at the time not only for Crackers, but also my own dog becoming involved in a traffic accident caused by Crackers collapsing in front of us. I personally wrote to the Board of Greyhound NZ at the time to have this shameful display of cruelty to the dog, and the danger it posed to other dogs in the field stopped. They did the right thing and acted after many complaints.

7 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Further to the above topic Count Crackers. All this occurred around 95/96/97. I well remember it because I was racing the stayer of the year against Count Crackers, and was very concerned at the time not only for Crackers, but also my own dog becoming involved in a traffic accident caused by Crackers collapsing in front of us. I personally wrote to the Board of Greyhound NZ at the time to have this shameful display of cruelty to the dog, and the danger it posed to other dogs in the field stopped. They did the right thing and acted after many complaints.

Thanks John for your honest accurate description of the facts. Pity the other John does not have your decency or love of greyhounds. I was not involved with the dogs then. What colour was poor old County Crackers?

1 hour ago, Greyhounder said:

Thanks John for your honest accurate description of the facts. Pity the other John does not have your decency or love of greyhounds. I was not involved with the dogs then. What colour was poor old County Crackers?

Cannot remember colour, maybe black. Might try google. Or maybe Jonathon can tell us.

42 minutes ago, Goldstar said:

Am I missing something. Is this the dog your talking about. How does it relate to J Mac

Probably had not had trainers named changed at that stage. Back then you had 14 days from memory. It was an import that J Mac trained. My guess is, that would of been an early race in Count Crackers NZ career.