Bit Of A Yarn

Wall of death

aquaman

9 hours ago, aquaman said:

Count Crackers was the dog that would collapse at the business end of the race, you will remember this Jonathon. The dog raced on Kyno Seleen to try and rectify this from happening. Count Crackers was a stayer, and on a number of occasions would crash to the deck in the home straight in horrible pain, and would have to be carried from the track. It was cruel for the dog. It was a danger to others in the field, and it was a very bad look for the image of dog racing. Never the less, this did not stop the connections or trainer from continuing to line poor Count Crackers up in staying races in the full knowledge this may happen to the dog.  What did ultimately stop it was the fact Heptapinol was discovered to be an ingredient in Kyno Seleen, and this was a prohibitive drug under the rules. This meant Count Crackers could no longer race on Kyno. This did not stop the trainer from lining the poor dog up knowing it was likely to collapse. After several more episodes of collapsing the NZGRA finally stopped it from racing. Just another example of why puppy farmers should not exist in this day and age.

A8AE133C-8E6C-49A6-84D9-6FE23B0CFCAD.thumb.png.aa5d994c4c8a7b1e391b53c10650f258.png

Thanks for that John now I know who count crackers was just looked it up on Nzgra don’t know how this has anything to do with j Mac like Goldstar has eluded to .but I can see why you would not was to race against it . Looking at its form it pulled up once in its short and spaced career.can you put up a link that says it got a positive to kyno or whatever you called it 

1 minute ago, aquaman said:
1 minute ago, aquaman said:

Kyno Seleen was legal until they discovered that Heptaminiol was an active ingredient. Dog concerned was racing on it to prevent cramping. Then it became illegal, so dog had to race without it. Then starts collapsing. And junior, your father trained it.

I can tell you my father god bless did not train it . So what your saying is ,this is not fact just your opinion is that this dog raced on “kyno seleen” that was legal how do you know this ? And clearly if it’s legal then it’s ok and who have been prescribed by a vet ? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, aquaman said:

Further to the above topic Count Crackers. All this occurred around 95/96/97. I well remember it because I was racing the stayer of the year against Count Crackers, and was very concerned at the time not only for Crackers, but also my own dog becoming involved in a traffic accident caused by Crackers collapsing in front of us. I personally wrote to the Board of Greyhound NZ at the time to have this shameful display of cruelty to the dog, and the danger it posed to other dogs in the field stopped. They did the right thing and acted after many complaints.

John I don’t know how many times I have to ask but clearly it’s not getting to you. Stick to the facts and stop making up bullshit. You say this was happening in 95/96/97 but looking this dog didn’t race till 99.looking at its form it fell and pulled up once I repeat once 

OK I've been watching on for a while now and I think it's time for a summary of things as I see it - for what it's worth.

A) Clearly Honestly is J Mc Jnr, I cant believe he keeps taking the bait and sticking up for the family empire. (Oh and denying its him) give up already Jonathon...just back away slowly and go to ground.

B) Count Crackers was most def trained by JT Mc...search any historic dogs on grnz and it defaults back to the owner. (Hence you see a syndicate in there as trainer) I support and agree with J Goode's assessment/memory of those happenings with Count Crackers in the late 90's, I was just a pup then but I remember the scandal of that dog stumbling to the lure/collapsing etc and then the prohibited substance (kyno) being found in its system. Think it happened more than the record or the evidence available might show.

That's just how I see it and how i remember it.

As you were... 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, That Girl said:

OK I've been watching on for a while now and I think it's time for a summary of things as I see it - for what it's worth.

A) Clearly Honestly is J Mc Jnr, I cant believe he keeps taking the bait and sticking up for the family empire. (Oh and denying its him) give up already Jonathon...just back away slowly and go to ground.

B) Count Crackers was most def trained by JT Mc...search any historic dogs on grnz and it defaults back to the owner. (Hence you see a syndicate in there as trainer) I support and agree with J Goode's assessment/memory of those happenings with Count Crackers in the late 90's, I was just a pup then but I remember the scandal of that dog stumbling to the lure/collapsing etc and then the prohibited substance (kyno) being found in its system. Think it happened more than the record or the evidence available might show.

That's just how I see it and how i remember it.

As you were... 

A) wrong but I won’t ruin the yarn . B)first part correct looking back as you say, second part no actual facts just idol gossip and a good story.... because there is/was no evidence to back up your claim. 

5 hours ago, Honestly said:

A) wrong but I won’t ruin the yarn . B)first part correct looking back as you say, second part no actual facts just idol gossip and a good story.... because there is/was no evidence to back up your claim. 

Anyone who was on the industry back than saw it. The records prior to 2003 are not the best. As for the trainer. The system has a habit of making the person who trained older dogs last the trainer throughout out it's career. Nzgra did step in to stop this in the end as the dog collapsed several times. You obviously have very little experience if you don't remember this incident

12 hours ago, Honestly said:

John I don’t know how many times I have to ask but clearly it’s not getting to you. Stick to the facts and stop making up bullshit. You say this was happening in 95/96/97 but looking this dog didn’t race till 99.looking at its form it fell and pulled up once I repeat once 

You have a problem with reading the posts. I corrected it to 1999. The dog concerned collapsed at least 5/6 times before the plug was pulled by the NZGRA. The dog was trained by your father John Mac. I stand by what I say.

Now back to a more important problem, the over racing of puppies today at Invercargil. 5 races on 3 different tracks over 15 days. They are 16 months old. I will let the readers decide whether this is good for these creatures.

In my opinion Not good for these  pups at all!!!. This is typical of  John Mac though and yes you are correct Aqua Crackers fell to the deck during the running for at least 5 or 6 times and even with the pressure being put on him at the time to stop racing the dog until it was fit and well for the task this Puppy farmer defied all requests and kept racing until the Association was  forced through embarrasment to enforce a ruling. Shame on you Mac and the Doctor Of Welfare if she is still employed  should act on the over racing of these young pups immediately....  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cichlid said:

In my opinion Not good for these  pups at all!!!. This is typical of  John Mac though and yes you are correct Aqua Crackers fell to the deck during the running for at least 5 or 6 times and even with the pressure being put on him at the time to stop racing the dog until it was fit and well for the task this Puppy farmer defied all requests and kept racing until the Association was  forced through embarrasment to enforce a ruling. Shame on you Mac and the Doctor Of Welfare if she is still employed  should act on the over racing of these young pups immediately....  

Did you actually email the association at any time and tell them that?

10 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Did you actually email the association at any time and tell them that?

Really. Why should they.have to. If they were doing their job properly they.would make sure they knew what was going on with issues such as this. Run a report dogs under 18 months old and numbers of starts etc and check.up on.them. not hard ...unless the trainer is J McInerney.then they would be too scared to ask any questions or visit the property cos he would tell them to Fuck off in no uncertain terms ..and get away with it.

39 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

Honestly are the Stubbs brothers  ( Craig and Paul ) still supplying  your kennel with possums for your  “ Saturday Morning Live “  show.

Yes, thats another subject that will not escape attention regarding this long standing practice. What a sick lot they are.

If there are honest, kind, and loving trainers reading this thread, and I know from experience, that this applies to 95% of Greyhound trainers, then they need to do whatever is needed to bring pressure to bear on the NZGRA to rid the industry of the rogue elements that will surely drag you all down. These rogue's only think of themselves, cheating is second nature, and they will supply the ammunition that will be the final nail in the coffin. Do something about it, do not tolerate these black sheep in your midst.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Well just watched race 9, and the last of the pups to go round. Punch on Jessie did not want to be there, and ran much the same as the rest of the pups earlier, last or near last. Very sad to watch.

Wouldn't it be great to take them all home and give them a bit of attention and 6 months to grow up and see how much they would improve....

19 minutes ago, Greyhounder said:

Wouldn't it be great to take them all home and give them a bit of attention and 6 months to grow up and see how much they would improve....

Yes, that makes it much harder to watch. Clearly they have ability, and in good hands, and with time to finish growing could of been anything. It is very hard to watch the destruction of such nice pups. They have good size about them, and they try very hard. But clearly in the wrong hands.

Guest CrossCodes
27 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Yes, that makes it much harder to watch. Clearly they have ability, and in good hands, and with time to finish growing could of been anything. It is very hard to watch the destruction of such nice pups. They have good size about them, and they try very hard. But clearly in the wrong hands.

Unfortunately this is what happens when the powers that be allow puppy mills to exist, pumping out copious amounts of dogs with no limits.

If there were a cap on the amount of dogs a trainer/breeder could have every season then dogs like this might be looked after a lot better, instead of being flogged to death with no regard to their longevity, as we all know all McInerney dogs just get a bullet and down a hole, and the NZGRA are complicit in this happening.

Dogs are simply a number to people like this, Cole, Wales etc.... not much better.