Bit Of A Yarn

Marlborough Day 2

I can see several very sound chances with outstanding first day form but will label just two.

The first is the place bet of the day. Could win but is a great place bet. 16 Fast and Furious in race 4 finished strongly in a very competitive finish on the first day. Will be shocked if this local is not there when the whips are cracking. 

You have to wait till the last race for my other special.

Very open field but 4 Di Caprio in race 10 looks a superb chance to my eye. Impressed by his second on the grass at Rangiora two starts back and had very little room in the home straight on Friday. Loves the grass and is ready to salute the judge. Cover in all options. 

The other good news about today is it being very unlikely we will see any farcical performances where the best horse in any given race falls asleep at the back of the field while the leader walks them :) 

• Like 3

I'm a big fan of Clasina Maria,especially when she is on the grass.She won well on Friday and apart from the two Nigel McGrath runners it's pretty much the same field,and she hasn't been re handicapped for her win on Friday.A couple of words of warning,she didn't back up last year after running a solid race,so that is in the back of my mind for today.And also its quite windy here at the moment,so am guessing that the horses that sit without cover may be not there at the finish as it's blowing that much here that the washing on the line would be bone dry in 2 minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Hey all, gonna give this site a miss for a wee while, i dont like whats happening. Nothing to do with harness members, you all are great. See you all later

Certainly not a happy place on gallops site.....that's for sure.....if you go, I go. Was only a few on the harness site when we first started....most still post here now.....but I don't post as much as I used to....for obvious reasons

19 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Certainly not a happy place on gallops site.....that's for sure.....if you go, I go. Was only a few on the harness site when we first started....most still post here now.....but I don't post as much as I used to....for obvious reasons

I just read that thread on the gallops site. 

Is it self destructing over there? Seems like the bad old days of RC.