Bit Of A Yarn

We now have RUNNING STARTS!!!!!!!

Brodie

Yes I know it has been brought up before but FFS it is beyond the joke when horses are running at pace towards the starting tape!!!

Have not been watching today but came home and watched race 7 at Winton which is down as being a 2400m STAND!!!!

Watch the start and tell me that the back horses are not in a full blown run up!!!

Wipe the stands totally if this is the crap that starters are allowing!!!!

Why should the front line stand and the back ones be able to be in a full pace or trot?????

Ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes I know it has been brought up before but FFS it is beyond the joke when horses are running at pace towards the starting tape!!!

Have not been watching today but came home and watched race 7 at Winton which is down as being a 2400m STAND!!!!

Watch the start and tell me that the back horses are not in a full blown run up!!!

Why should the front line stand and the back ones be able to be in a full pace or trot?????

Ridiculous!

We should be claiming our money back if we back a loser in these kind of races, an overhaul needed, once again the B-man on the money!

• Champ Post 2

4 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

We should be claiming our money back if we back a loser in these kind of races, an overhaul needed, once again the B-man on the money!

Correct Flag!

Just seems like total misrepresentation as to the conditions of the race!

Not sure what the starter is normally like seriously you could not call it a standing start!,,

Nothing will be said in the Stipes report as per usual!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

9 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

When are you going to put up a pic of the lovely horse kotare hunter??

not sure I could find one in fact it might be tricky finding one of his dad

do you know tony abel ?

do you think the penny has dropped for brodie re adore me

not on the penny this time, well so far

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ridiculous!

I didn't see much wrong with that start, it appeared to me that those on the second line were a little asleep in lining up,so while they did get a moving start they were at a disadvantage already because of the drivers,not the starter. 

What would you have the starter do,wait until they all stand still and 2 or 3 on the front line  start going backwards like they do in Canterbury,then be sent around again with a 2 minute delay..

Standing starts in southland have a higher  % go away  than Canterbury.  Ive said it before,and will say it again, its the horses I feel sorry for that race in Canterbury then southland or vice versa. They don't always get the same,and it shows in their starting.  Horses like michele,gypsy's choice ,and many more are a menace in Canterbury stands,whereas they will go away in southland. Or would you rather they be a menace all the time?

Edited by the galah

5 hours ago, Rangatira said:

not up yet but it sounds like an adore me special

Ok Ranga, This has definitely gone thru to the keeper!

What the hell has Adore Me got to do with the crap standing start at Winton

If you want to Adore Me, I can understand that but what are you really on about?

Tony Abell will take offence if you are calling him gay, just as I would!

Please explain to us all what the relevance is, if there is any???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

I didn't see much wrong with that start, it appeared to me that those on the second line were a little asleep in lining up,so while they did get a moving start they were at a disadvantage already because of the drivers,not the starter. 

What would you have the starter do,wait until they all stand still and 2 or 3 on the front line  start going backwards like they do in Canterbury,then be sent around again with a 2 minute delay..

Standing starts in southland have a higher  % go away  than Canterbury.  Ive said it before,and will say it again, its the horses I feel sorry for that race in Canterbury then southland or vice versa. They don't always get the same,and it shows in their starting.  Horses like michele,gypsy's choice ,and many more are a menace in Canterbury stands,whereas they will go away in southland. Or would you rather they be a menace all the time?

The ones at the back deliberately were back so they could get the running start!

Starter should’ve made them stand, as the conditions of the race was down as a standing start!!!!

This happens too often down there and the drivers should be fined if they are repeated offenders, end of story.

Our starters are not that flash nowadays as we know.

Yes good that the horses went away but why should they have a running start where the front ones were STANDING?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ok Ranga, This has definitely gone thru to the keeper!

What the hell has Adore Me got to do with the crap standing start at Winton

If you want to Adore Me, I can understand that but what are you really on about?

Tony Abell will take offence if you are calling him gay, just as I would!

Please explain to us all what the relevance is, if there is any???

when she won the cup she got the best run up start ever

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The ones at the back deliberately were back so they could get the running start!

If they were deliberately back as far as they were ,then they sure were stupid.. Watch the video and you will see the only one on the second line who was in its correct position settled a long way in front of those who got the running start.   That's not getting an advantage.  That's the opposite.

Edited by the galah